Jedi Guardian Feedback

JackieKo

Since I am normally immortal warrior my feedback is more focused on defense A/B.

I did some mindless killing with all the available "loadouts" and then went for the dailies only with the defense "loadouts"

[*]Does this feel like a Jedi Guardian? Please explain why or why not.

It still feels like guardian, because its still a bulky figure that has combat skill with high survivability.

But the survivability seems to have decreased greatly in PTS, but its more likely to be related to the gear stats.

All gear i got was for DPS and I could not change it to Tank gear when buying the sets from vendor.

[*]Is there anything that feels missing or out of place in the combat rotation?

I do miss some skills in my rotation over all.

It not like I cant work without them, but the ones we have now as they are it seems incomplete.

Without Saber Throw its harder to manage focus but doable.

But it feels lacking attack skills.

Also without Force Kick and Resolute it feels like I'm naked. I don't mind not having the skills in trade of others, but i miss the effects of them...

Focus A/B has very weird rotation it felt wrong overall, but Vigilance A/B was okeyish.

Liked Vigilance A more...

i don't normally play this disciplines.

[*]What are your initial thoughts with the effectiveness of the Jedi Guardian against enemies?

In terms of Defense, the B seemed more for PVE I did most of the dailies with this one.

But Defense A also felt pretty decent.

Vigilance A was ok.

Had hard time surviving with Focus A/B and vigilance B.

[*]How are you enjoying or not enjoying this class?

I do enjoy that we don't have has much skills for all kinds of situations all the time.

Its a shame that for now the skills that are optional don't fell like the best choices.

Also it feels like there's a few slots empty that need new skills.

Overall I think its a beginning of something new, and am overall excited for it.

Edited by nkarapinha

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here is how I am seeing things.

I could be out to lunch on this one but....

First let's look at what we have on live right now for light side force users.

You have your class which could be Jedi Knight or Jedi Consular.

You have your advanced classes which for the JK is Guardian and sentinel and for JC are Sage and Shadow.

Then each of the advance classes have 3 combat proficiencies which determines your role. For Guardian they are Defense, Vigilance and Focus. For Sentinel they are Watchman, Combat and Concentration. For Sage they are Telekinetics, Balance and Seer. And for Shadow they are Kinetic Combat, Infiltration and Serenity.

Now from what they have said they are changing advance classes into “combat styles” meaning if you are playing the JK storyline you now get to choose not just between Guardian and Sentinel but also Sage and Shadow advance classes.

So, then what will happen to the 3 combat proficiencies for each “combat style”? My guess from what I have seen is instead of having 3 separate trees for each combat prof. they are going to get rid of them and they are going to give you a choice every 5 levels of what you want, be it either a new skill or passive skill that augment one of your skills. And the choices you make will decide what role (combat prof) you will play as. (tank, healer, burst dps, dots, single target, aoe, etc..)

So, what I think we are seeing on PTS and what the devs are asking us when they say things like “Does this feel like a Jedi Guardian?” are the devs trying to find out what the core abilities for the class are so it can keep its unique style. I’m not talking about all the abilities like the ones that make it a great tank or good DPS. I’m talking about the standard core abilities that separate it from the other classes. The abilities to make it a good tank or DPS are going to be the ones you pick as you level. But they need to make sure that each class is still unique so they all don’t feel like carbon copies of each other.

So, I think we should keep this in mind when providing feedback for the PTS.

Now again I could be out to lunch on this one and way, way, way off the mark but it is how I’m seeing things with the information that has been provided so far.

Thank you and May the Force be with you.

Have you ever thought of just not adding/using those abilities you dont want to your bar? I'm not getting to choose, you can choose now. In the future Im getting told pick one of three. You may want one. I want all three.

Why make me play like you because you cant play like me?

-from: a casual for many many years, that over time grew to appreciate the game more. There were abilities I never used until I started exploring more of the game, but I never was arrogant enough to think, casual I, could tell someone who knew better what to do. Again, why make me play like you because you cant play like me? I'm not even asking you to play like me, but now im being forced to play like you.

This is exactly how I feel. I know this is just the testing phase, but judging from the previous experience, most of the stuff that was on PTS was eventually released and put to play. I am not just talking about guardian here. If you did this to the guardian, I can't imagine how you will cripple other classes.

My only question is why? Yes, some classes have more abilities than others in rotation, but that can be fixed the other way, not by completely ruining classes we all like. When I saw there is no blade blitz, no focused defense, no saber throw, I immediately knew that whoever thought of this system is either on some chemical substance or completely new to the game, and hence shouldn't even be in position to make these decisions.

Then I thought to myself "if they do this with guardians, what will they do with my beloved commando healer?"

The point is, why remove something to make it easier for casuals, when they can just not put it in quickbar. Let's be honest, the leveling experience in this game is complete sh*t at the moment. Not because classes are complicated, but because you can go from 1-75 by using only basic attack and without any equipment whatsoever. So, game is already dumbed down, no need to do it further.

Now, for hardcore players, like pvp-ers and raiders (like me), removing these abilities is like you decided to cut off our fingers one by one. For instance, if you make me choose 1 dcd ability out of 3 for commando healer, you're basically removing my core abilities. I need all of them for some raid encounters.Unless you intend to dumb down operations even further, even though they are dumbed enough.

My whole point is, just let it stay as it is and focus on creating more meaningful content, like more story, more operations, and pvp revamp, instead of completely destroying what you've built for almost 10 years.

My only question is why? Yes, some classes have more abilities than others in rotation, but that can be fixed the other way, not by completely ruining classes we all like. When I saw there is no blade blitz, no focused defense, no saber throw,

I don't get why you think the state of the current PTS is set on stone or that this is what we are going to get.

But you could respond to the questions jackie asked and try to help them out seeing that the current optional skills are not ok.

We are like on alpha and you assume we are on the last week of beta.

If you cant handle the questions and things unfinished don't go to PTS.

Its not helping.

I immediately knew that whoever thought of this system is either on some chemical substance or completely new to the game, and hence shouldn't even be in position to make these decisions.

This is just low, there are people with families working there.

If you thing you have the right to say this you should send a curriculum to EA/Bioware and then share the response here on forums so we can see how much better you are.

My whole point is, just let it stay as it is and focus on creating more meaningful content, like more story, more operations, and pvp revamp, instead of completely destroying what you've built for almost 10 years.

If you are playing this game for 10 years I assume this is not the first PTS.

So you know that what we get on this phase is going to change?

We all love this game, can we all stop offending people and try to be more helpful?

Also the objective is to respond to the questions, just include what you think is wrong in the answers

[*]Does this feel like a Jedi Guardian? Please explain why or why not.

No. It feels like its a mid level Jedi Knight from 2.0. All of the abilities that make a guardian feel unique have been divided up and locked off to their own loadouts, and as a result the loadouts only feel like cheap imitations of the real Guardian

[*]Is there anything that feels missing or out of place in the combat rotation?

"this was written with the Focus spec in mind"

The rotation itself feels overly simplified, lacking any real nuance. The lack of saber throw, Dispatch, Awe, Force Clarity, Guardian leap and either Blade Blitz or Saber Reflect are all very noticeable, serving to bog down the flow of the rotation. If I had to describe the new focus rotation in one word it would be Inorganic

[*]What are your initial thoughts with the effectiveness of the Jedi Guardian against enemies?

The Jedi Guardian overall feels far weaker, either loadout is lacking in critical defensive abilities, and while the general offensive abilities are mostly the same, the lack of effective mitigation makes them feel weaker.

[*]How are you enjoying or not enjoying this class?

I believe the class is an overall downgrade from the live version of the guardian, This new Guardian has fewer viable options, and as a result the depth of the class is gone, Combat with it feels very restrictive, with little room for creativity, aforementioned lack of options at any given moment. I have tried my best to find good things to say about the new Guardian, but I cannot find any. It simply feels like a shell of its former self

[*]If you have feedback on the different disciplines and ability paths, please note your feedback accordingly so we can track it.

The ability paths both feel lacking, neither comes close to the feeling of playing the live version of the guardian. The streamlining and removal of abilities has done nothing to make combat more engaging. The Guardian class does not suffer from any ability bloat on the live server, every piece of the Guardians kit comes together to make the class what it is, and sectioning parts of it off like this will only make the class feel incomplete to anyone who has played it previously.

I hope to see these changes rolled back, and replaced with system that increase the players viable options at any given moment, not remove them

I don't get why you think the state of the current PTS is set on stone or that this is what we are going to get.

But you could respond to the questions jackie asked and try to help them out seeing that the current optional skills are not ok.

We are like on alpha and you assume we are on the last week of beta.

If you cant handle the questions and things unfinished don't go to PTS.

Its not helping.

This is just low, there are people with families working there.

If you thing you have the right to say this you should send a curriculum to EA/Bioware and then share the response here on forums so we can see how much better you are.

If you are playing this game for 10 years I assume this is not the first PTS.

So you know that what we get on this phase is going to change?

We all love this game, can we all stop offending people and try to be more helpful?

Also the objective is to respond to the questions, just include what you think is wrong in the answers

There is everything they need to know in my previous answer. There is nothing more to say except the current state of guardian class on PTS is complete garbage. And I am not saying this from a casual point of view because casuals won't notice the difference anyway. PvE and PvP potential of this and other classes will completely go down the drain if they go through with this. And to answer your point about language towards devs. They totally earned it. It does seem like this is made by someone who is on some substance. I don't care who they are and what they do. We all have personal lives. And since they are disrespecting us as consumers, they don't deserve better treatment. I've paid for this game for years, and every time some of us raiders complain about something, it either gets ignored, or they introduce a "fix" that no one has asked for. They brought down servers because the mission tracker was not working properly, even if you could complete the mission, and they did that during active raid hours for most people. At the same time, they broke raids so much that bosses attack you from further than they should, which breaks the gameplay, and we still didn't get any fix, nor even a reply to our bug report for 2 weeks now. So yeah, don't lecture me about calling them for what they really are. When they start respecting us as consumers who pay for their product, they will get the same respect back.

But hey, I'll be a good customer and write proper feedback so they really notice it:

Does this feel like a Jedi Guardian? Please explain why or why not.

No, it is complete garbage because you removed everything that makes Jedi Guardian what it is.

Is there anything that feels missing or out of place in the combat rotation?

Of course there is. There are key abilities missing from every spec and loadout. And the entire "choose 1 of 3 defensives" system is complete garbage.

What are your initial thoughts with the effectiveness of the Jedi Guardian against enemies?

What effectiveness? You can kill anything with basic attack, until you reach silver and golden mobs, which can't be killed because companions are broken, 66% defensives are missing and there are no interrupts. It feels like playing lvl 2 guardian instead of full lvl 75.

How are you enjoying or not enjoying this class?

I am not enjoying it at all. Read again, it is complete G.A.R.B.A.G.E.

But hey, I'll be a good customer and write proper feedback so they really notice it:

No, it is complete garbage because you removed everything that makes Jedi Guardian what it is.

Of course there is. There are key abilities missing from every spec and loadout. And the entire "choose 1 of 3 defensives" system is complete garbage.

What are your initial thoughts with the effectiveness of the Jedi Guardian against enemies?

What effectiveness? You can kill anything with basic attack, until you reach silver and golden mobs, which can't be killed because companions are broken, 66% defensives are missing and there are no interrupts. It feels like playing lvl 2 guardian instead of full lvl 75.

I am not enjoying it at all. Read again, it is complete G.A.R.B.A.G.E.

Now this feels like an improvement.

I think your feedback here is more constructive.

And I agree with some points.

They totally earned it. It does seem like this is made by someone who is on some substance. I don't care who they are and what they do. We all have personal lives. And since they are disrespecting us as consumers, they don't deserve better treatment. I've paid for this game for years, and every time some of us raiders complain about something, it either gets ignored, or they introduce a "fix" that no one has asked for.

Sorry but paying for the game does not give you the right to treat people like that.

I don't know what your profession is, but i can image you would not like to be treated like that on something that is not even finished.

Everyone makes mistakes, both of us included.

So yeah, don't lecture me about calling them for what they really are.

Intension was not to lecture anyone, I'm a nobody. So I'm sorry if I made you felt that way.

Edited by nkarapinha

Believe me I hope I'm wrong, but I was there during the ability purges that happened over in World of Warcraft when they tried this same stunt. They pruned so many abilities they actually had to bring alot of them back just to keep people playing. I don't want to see SWTOR get to the same state that WoW is in, but I see that happening if they keep going with this mess. So far based off what we see here, I'm absolutely dreading this expansion

It's not complaining about it because of having to relearn to rotation. It's complaining about it because doing endgame content without key defensives is virtually impossible. They shouldn't make us choose between blade blitz, focused defense and more because we need all of those for some encounters.

As one guy suggested earlier, they could just join certain utilities and abilities into passives, to reduce number of active abilities. This system they are making just feels bad.

you need to let new players to the test sever how to use it they always asking how to levl up and asking why the have no way to fight it get to be a pain have to tell them to levl up and if you do fell emper lana keps dying she needs and when are you going to be able to pick your dis skills all in its a good clase my fav is the tank calss ive run most all the the stroy and enjoyed it when is teh next clasee coming

New players have nothing to test here, since they won't be affected. Playing story content still feels the same. However, fi this goes live, it will cripple people who play endgame content, like PvP and NiM raids.

I put this in my original write up of Vigilance B back on page 19, but to highlight it here:

If there was an ability that I could do without in Vigilance, its probably Riposte. I mean, its a bread and butter thing for Defense and would strongly object to its removal for Defense Guardians. But it isn't really used at all in the Vigilance rotation so if any ability seems like a prime target for pruning, its that one. When it procs, its actually a burden to spend time to use it (even though its off the GCD). Seems to make far more sense to move Saber Throw as an iconic Jedi Knight baseline ability and make Riposte a Defense-only thing.

No, it feels nothing like a Jedi Guardian. Using Vigilance loadout A, my defensive abilities have been reduced by 2 thirds, and two of my most used abilities (bladestorm and saber throw) are just straight-up gone. My escapes (resolute and blade blitz) are also gone. I am simply an automaton, mashing the same 3 or 4 buttons repeatedly and thoughtlessly, with little to no means of defending myself.

If you're talking pve, then bladestorm is missing. If you're talking pvp, ALMOST EVERYTHING IS MISSING: saber reflect, focused defense, resolute, blade blitz, freezing force, challenging call, guardian leap, guard, awe, cyclone slash, saber throw and force kick. If you'd ever taken the time to actually play a vigilance guardian, you'd know that none of these are optional in regular warzones. In ranked warzones, these abilites needed to not only be kept, but buffed. Even with the abilities on live, we're the laughing stock of ranked due to our lack of survivability.

If I pull more than one pack of weak mobs, I'm dead in less than 5 seconds. My companion is dead in less than 3 seconds even if I only pull 1 pack of weak mobs. I have no escapes, no cc break, no root break, and no damage reduction abilities (aside from the always-tepid saber ward which is on a 3 minute cd).

Of course I'm not enjoying it. Who would enjoy a loss of abilities and a loss of combat proficiency framed as "choice"? This is an insult to everyone that has played a Guardian for the last 10 years.

If you have feedback on the different disciplines and ability paths, please note your feedback accordingly so we can track it.

I was too disgusted to try any of the other ability paths, as I knew I'd be getting more of the same lackluster, lowest common denominator garbage.

Edited by DsevenO

New players have nothing to test here, since they won't be affected. Playing story content still feels the same. However, fi this goes live, it will cripple people who play endgame content, like PvP and NiM raids.

No, they will need to test the leveling up process just to make sure the UI works and the choices stick/persistent between zone changes, etc. We don't want another GSF ship component tier 4/5 deselect bug occurring with the ground game. And I'd be happy to roll a new guardian and level him up a bit to make sure the choice system works.

But, I'm glad they decided to test the "close to endgame" portion first, because it will certainly be the most disruptive to us on day 1.

First of all:

I like the idea of new story content and more content coming in with 7.0

BUT

I definitely dislike the changes you are showing us.

This is no freedom of choice combining classes.

It is just dumbing down skills to a casual level that is painful.

And this guardian just does feel like...well, it feels hollow, empty and totally NOT fun to play.

Honestly:

How rewarding do you think is choosing between three skills I had before 7.0 to only have ONE of them available to me then?

This does not feel like freedom of choice.

Plus it is slashing down cooldown abilities, interrupts as well as any kind of rotation of skills.

Please - the game is already more casual than I like it.

You can barely die on story difficulty or going through story.

You can if you like play through story using like 3-4 skills and still do not die.

You want to attract casuals with story?

Fine - all for it!

But this is cutting down the players doing end content.

This is cutting down the player doing PvP, Master FP or OPS.

They want to be able to learn their rotation to "get good".

Beat the odds.

Have some harder experience than just sweeping relaxed through story.

Pressing this in 5 month from now will lose you the core and the soul of the players who stuck with you so long.

I am a founder since 2011.

Ever present and not without sub since then.

But this...might be just the last push to get me off this game.

Pure and honest truth.

Edited by ARFett

• Dev Post

Hi all,

We’re going through all the feedback that’s being posted here. Thank you to everyone who has been providing constructive feedback and answering the questions listed in the feedback thread. There is a lot to read through, but we wanted to acknowledge that we are reading your posts.

One note that we are seeing is concerns of our overall lack of addressing questions in real time that have popped up. We know that this can be frustrating but at this stage of the feedback process, but we need your raw constructive criticism without us potentially changing or tainting it. This is especially important in the first few days of PTS and what we will be following for future phases of PTS. We also know that there is an ask for us to acknowledge every single thread that was created, but please understand that is not feasible in terms of keeping info consolidated and in one place with how the dev tracker functions. Know that we are reading each thread as they are updated and compiling the feedback and reviewing it with the team.

Here are common sentiments that we are seeing:

• Concerns regarding the availability of defensive abilities.
  • PTS Jedi Guardian could be effective in story content but not endgame content.
  • Saber Throw/Saber Reflect should not be a choice.
  • The class is about survivability. The PTS Jedi Guardian does not feel like this.
  • Choices being offered as of now don’t feel balanced.
  • The gear and companion being offered during this phase of PTS does not equate to the live player experience.

We know there are questions surrounding this phase of PTS and will be addressing them in a consolidated dev post later this week after we’ve reviewed the feedback that’s come in since we’ve launched PTS.

This thread will be updated with a dev post later this week.

Jackie

Hi all,

We’re going through all the feedback that’s being posted here. Thank you to everyone who has been providing constructive feedback and answering the questions listed in the feedback thread. There is a lot to read through, but we wanted to acknowledge that we are reading your posts.

One note that we are seeing is concerns of our overall lack of addressing questions in real time that have popped up. We know that this can be frustrating but at this stage of the feedback process, but we need your raw constructive criticism without us potentially changing or tainting it. This is especially important in the first few days of PTS and what we will be following for future phases of PTS. We also know that there is an ask for us to acknowledge every single thread that was created, but please understand that is not feasible in terms of keeping info consolidated and in one place with how the dev tracker functions. Know that we are reading each thread as they are updated and compiling the feedback and reviewing it with the team.

• PTS Jedi Guardian could be effective in story content but not endgame content.
  • The class is about survivability. The PTS Jedi Guardian does not feel like this.
  • The gear and companion being offered during this phase of PTS does not equate to the live player experience.

We know there are questions surrounding this phase of PTS and will be addressing them in a consolidated dev post later this week after we’ve reviewed the feedback that’s come in since we’ve launched PTS.

Jackie

Thank you , Jackie .... you really are a diamond in the BioWare rough! /tip-hat

And give a quick /pep-talk to the Dev coders too btw , since while "harsh" loyal beta players like me don't really understand the need for constant drastic combat changes every few updates and are indeed somewhat skeptical & concerned about this 7.0 iteration, some of us also fully realize & appreciate how daunting of a task 'LotS' (and SWTOR as a whole) is for the Team. :ph_use_the_force:

Edited by Nee-Elder
we all just want what's best for the game we've enjoyed for 10 years ... that's all

Hi all,

Jackie

No offense, but its like you guys have not been playing your own game since launch. Since Launch, Guardians have always been about survivability. I main a Guardian Tank and been tanking HM and NIM Content since the game launched. You MAY be able to tank HM content, but there is no way in heck you can tank NIM content with these changes, a guardian simply won't survive.

Yes, I share those concerns. Question for devs: Is this being motivated by a Time-To-Kill in pvp thing? As in, you do not intend for dps Guardians to survive so long?

Yes, I share that concern, but to be fair to the developers I have not tried to do Veteran Mode Spirit of Vengeance on PTS yet, nor have I tried to queue for a WZ.

Yes, I share that concern. I think the choice between mobility, DCD, and reflect is too difficult of a choice relative to what I perceive the Guardian is supposed to be.

Yes, and this of course relates to the point above.

As above, but this is particularly painful when we don't know if the new "abilities" from the path A/B loadout are actually working, since they don't show up anywhere (EDIT: looks like you ammended the original post with most of the missing descriptions except Force Skewer for Vigi B, thanks JackieKo!). In other words, I think people would be more willing to excuse balance issues if they knew how passive such-and-such was supposed to work but merely broken. The devs need to provide descriptions of every new ability out there, especially if its a passive and StarParse won't work on the PTS combat logs yet. And you need to be frank and answer this yes/no question: Are utilities/combat proficiencies, as we know them today, going away because they are being baked into passives?

Yes, but this is an easy fix: offer 306 mods direct for sale and Commander's Compendia. Also, when abilities are missing, like Force Clarity or Awe, its hard to test certain sets like Descent of the Fearless or Force Bound.

Also, please allow us to train Speeder Piloting 5 or make sure its working.

Edited by phalczen

I dont get why do u want to mess with abilities and stuff tbh. the classes are very well balanced atm imo, just introduce the change for ppl to be able to pick any advanced class based on tech/force like you mentioned and call it a day -> thats what got people excited you know, the possibility of the freedom to choose whichever advanced class. But then we got this disastrous first preview of guardian class for 7.0 and all the excitement turned into fear about you cutting away essential abilities that make the class that class.

Do not take the WOW route! Do not give us pruned classes and call it new freedom to choose abilities.

Edited by Darittha

No offense, but its like you guys have not been playing your own game since launch. Since Launch, Guardians have always been about survivability. I main a Guardian Tank and been tanking HM and NIM Content since the game launched. You MAY be able to tank HM content, but there is no way in heck you can tank NIM content with these changes, a guardian simply won't survive.

Eh... this relies on a rather far reaching assumption that a total overhaul of every class in the game will not be accompanied by adjustment to NiM content. It is entirely possible that overall damage outputs of NiM enemies will be lowered to account for the changes.

That is to say: It is too early to make declarative statements about the absolute end-game content when all you have to go on is one class which was not optimised for raiding over long months.

I dont get why do u want to mess with abilities and stuff tbh. the classes are very well balanced atm imo, just introduce the change for ppl to be able to pick any advanced class based on tech/force like you mentioned and call it a day -> thats what got people excited you know, the possibility of the freedom to choose whichever advanced class. But then we got this disastrous first preview of guardian class for 7.0 and all the excitement turned into fear about you cutting away essential abilities that make the class that class.

Do not take the WOW route! Do not give us pruned classes and call it new freedom to choose abilities.

Honestly, I actually quite like the way the passives work with this new system, my issue is the inclusion of abilities as a choice.

If the abilities were baseline (maybe merge fringe abilities like freezing force with something else) and the new system was just about passives to tailor your playstyle, I'd love it.

Can I add as an additional point I thought we were getting the Jedi Guardian to test combat styles, not a rebuild, so it was extra surprising on top of the disappointing nature of the changes.

This was very poorly communicated with 'Jedi Guardian on PTS'.

The problem ist that irrespective which abilities and/or utilities are selected for each of the one of three choices at level 15, 20, 30, 35, 50, 60, 70 and 80, each and every existing operation will need to be rebalanced and this castration of the classes will also need to be considered for the new operation, at least in nim/mastermode. Otherwise, disciplines or even entire classes which are currently less suitable than others for a specific boss fight will become even less suitable or even (nearly) unusable. Even in case other disciplines/classes may retain their suitability, the gap between the suitability of disciplines/classes for bossfights will become larger. Furthermore, the classes will loose dps because, for example, at level 15 the Guardian will need to select one of the skills providing substained DPS, i.e., will not select Saber Throw. Thereby a valuable range filler is lost which is needed in case uptime on the boss cannot be kept, e.g., in case the boss de-syncs (i.e. the actual and visible position of the boss differ by more than 8 m), such as Raptus in the Dread Council fight or Titax in the Mutant Trandoshans fight.

Given the short time frame left until the update shall be released and considering the bugs ("known issues") the game has at present and the time needed to alleviate or resolve them, I personally doubt that any of the necessary rebalancing will take place to the extent required. Hence, significant changes of the classes will occur on the live server after release which (a) frustrates the players and (b) only evidences that this whole approach is hastily planned.

Furthermore, as already stated previously, the classes will not be easier to play, because at the current state, only the abilities of each class which are simultaneously available are reduced. The total number of abilities each class has is not reduced! The difference will be that the player can no longer use the ability which is most appropriate at a given situation, becuase this ability is not available to them (it needed to be sacrificed for something else).

Sorry, but this whole approach appears to be an idée fixe or, sorry, monomania, of bureaucrats and/or the marketing team, which, however, wil have the opposite result (unless it is intended to reduce the numbers of players, idk).