Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

you guys need to do math. 1 day per release until they get through the first week. (that's a good goal atleast).

all you crybabys need to take a smoke break, watch a flick, go for a walk, eat breakfast at Denny's or just something other then sit at your comps and whine. you'll get in... stop being so impatient. :)

Personally I think Bioware is doing a great job, and things have gone really simple within my alliance. (first game i have played that still stuck with their original release date, and look, they're even allowing some of us in a week early).

Edited by Magicmix

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I know this was added 'later' - it irks me, cos I'd have preordered day one if I'd known.

IT ALSO SAID "Up to 5 days of early access". That would be 2 days from now. If you want to hold someone to some exacting standards, start with yourself.

The MMO community is such a childish bunch. I have to wonder how many of you are crying and holding your breath. Just CALM DOWN. Bioware is 2 days early. They could have started all this 2 days from now. Take a DEEP BREATH, and remember this is a video game.

Same here . . . 22nd . . . big **** off from BW atm.

Really......really?

Their giving you an extra 2 days than you expected and it's a big "**** off".

You have to be kidding or your dangerously spoiled.

Edited by ruktuim

Funny part is when playing on a PVP server and you get in like the 18th and get pwnd everywhere cause most people are lvl 30+ yay!

That is my only fear, had i been on a pve server i wouldent have a care in the world when i got in. Being on a pvp server means that im prob. going to be smacked around way more than i had to if i had gottin in with the first wavers. Unfortunatly i redeemed my own code way way too slow so i can only blame my selv.

i redeemed on the 22nd and I still haven't gotten in... though I'm wondering if amazon purchasers are getting the shaft

No I pre-ordered CE from amazon and was in the first wave :o Just at school waiting for my final till I can play...

Edited by Izia

You guys should realise by now that you won't be getting an ETA. Would I like one? Of course! But that isn't how it works. You know why? If you get told that you will be let in at ROUGHLY 8am, then you will expect to get in by 8. Then if something goes wrong, multiple threads pop up saying 'omg its 8:15 and I'm STILL not in!, get your act together Bioware'

Ever heard of under promise, over deliver? Classic marketing, they will always keep it vague so that you are pleasantly surprised.

That's ********, as all the retailers (Gamestop, Spaceworld, etc) here in Oslo, Norway got an email from EA this morning that they are NOT ALLOWED to sell their retail copies before the 15th of december!

Stop this nonsense mines is already in the mail :p

this early access wave crap is stupid.

Why cant they let everyone in instead. I see why people are complaining. I dont care if i dont get in today but i wish they just give me a damn date on when i will get in rather than me checking my email every hour or so.

Completely agree, it's ALWAYS better to inform people ahead, be it in work or private hemisphere.

If they cant get 916k pre orders on in 1-2 days.. this will be sad...

There are many more pre-orders than that, besides the game does not release until the 20th, and your early access does not begin until the 15th...the fact that they decided to start rolling out early access on the 13th is a bonus to everyone. With a 2 day early staged metered roll out you are more likely to have a stable 5 solid days of early access. And for those that gripe about lvl 50's running around by the time they get in, I doubt you will see lvl 50's until the 22nd... and if you do why does it matter to you???:rolleyes:

Kinda wished i pre ordered on day 1 now! Didn't pre order until 2nd of Novemeber, so today has gotta be a no go. Maybe tomorrow but my original guess was Thursday.

Just really annoying they can't tell you what day you'll be in, find that very strange.

Anoying for me is that i did preorder on day 1, about 5 mins after the anouncement was made, but the swedish provider messed up and i didnt get my code until 5 days after, thats was the problem for most swedes

Yes they do. Want proof? Rift had 59,000 physical pre-orders at launch according to VGchartz. According to Rift they had around 600,000-700,000 players during early access.

gnarly.. so i learn 2 things here. VG charts was horrible to go by. and there could be 9Million people waiting for EGA according to your #'s?.. nice.. back to bed for me then

thanx.

Early Access is not a gift, it's a promotional service that was promoted on the website.

People paid for it, paid for the game, and it's standard procedure to reward people who pre ordered the title.

In one of the interviews they said there's as much pre orders as there was beta testers during weekend. Well i haven't seen any queues or waves on beta weekend.

Sure i can understand people who pre ordered early to be patient and understanding.

However people who pre-ordered after beta, when they saw banner about up to 5 days early access.. well they're gonna get pissed if they won't get in on 15th.

Also, lack of proper information and details is simply insulting. There is no proper explenation about why the hell are there waves. Game went through stress test during beta weekend, they know how many people pre ordered. They should have enough data to know how and when people can access...

Early access isn't a friggin beta, it should be treated like a normal product, sure server overloads and crashes are something that can be expected but treating people like some test subjects and not providing proper eta and information is just an insult.

Jesus didn't you read what he said? or do you just not understand?

That information isn't AVAILABLE because they're releasing waves as they get performance metrics from the server loads.

You're asking them to magically know how the servers are going to perform and when they'll be comfortable adding huge numbers of new people.

Do you not comprehend this? Or are you just one of those people who never defrags and has 4 inches of toolbars on his IE window?

You just made my morning with that post. Part of it's going in the sig.

Nobody should expect that... the surge will be huge, and they need to spread things out so there aren't 1000+ people trying to run around on each starter planet concurrently.

These worlds consist of a large cluster of very expensive servers each, and they need to make good use of that hardware, spreading player levels over time to help balance that load across all planets on each world (and the whole cluster of servers for that world). If they have 2 million pre-orders and wanted to allow everyone to rush the gates all at once, they'd probably need like 1000 worlds (not 107). Then, post-launch, they'd have massive server mergers once the excitement died down (because once players spread out past the starting planets, each of those worlds would feel too empty).

Even just the Day 1 rush will be huge (although perhaps they'll finish that up by the end of today). Didn't they have like 350K pre-orders on July 21st?

Kudos to them for spreading things out, hopefully keeping the launch smooth. I don't expect to get in until maybe Saturday, but that's OK. My kids won't be joining me until Tuesday ;).

Khafar

and just what do you suppose they're going to do for the launch on the 20th, AFTER they take the servers down at 22:00 for the 00:00 launch (as they have mentioned they would be doing)?.. Gonna make EVERYONE playing at launch (both pre-orders and non pre-orders) come in waves over a week or two?..

This isn't server load testing. This is ensuring that everyone gets in smoothly without issues like occured with STO during it's first month. Open Beta resulted in server crashes, insane lag, and all around pissed off customers. Launch Day the game was almost unplayable for the people who got in and queues had to be instituted that resulted in huge numbers not being able to play at all. It took them over a week to get enough servers to get everyone on, THEN the servers started going down every half hour to an hour.

Bioware is attempting to ensure that this process goes as smoothly as possible with no crashes, no "I have to wait in a queue for 5 hours" and as little lag as possible. Plus with the staggered entry you won't be fighting with one million other people over the starting areas.

If they had let everyone in you'd be here complaining about "The server keeps crashing" or "I'm stuck in a queue" or "I can't complete this quest because everyone else is killing all the enemies" or "This lag is horrible, Bioware you suck". There is no way for them to win in this situation so they took the way that will be least painful for the players and cause the least resentment due to hardware issues.

Well said. This makes me feel better about waiting.