New Augments in 6.1.4 - Feedback

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Hello everyone!

Following Chris Schmidt's announcement of new Augments, they are now available for testing on PTS. This will be a new tier of Augments that can be crafted by Cybertechs.

- How do the augments perform?

- How does the inflow of materials from PvE and PvP feel?

- Are Cybertechs happy with the CM-1337 material?

- Do the schematics take too long?

Let us know your thoughts!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so each player uses 14 augments, an operation group has 8 players so that is 112 augments in total, that means they need to raid for 224 hours to farm the pve material for a full group, assuming they clear 5 bosses an hour, which is pretty easily achievable for a good nightmare raiding group. Assuming they raid 2,5 hours per raidnight that's 90 days of raiding which, let's say they raid 3 times a week is 30 weeks of farming. If this patch comes out in October this means your average nightmare raiding group will have gathered all PvE materials by May, next year.

as a nightmare raider, I ask you to please reconsider from what content the different materials drop, how many that drops and the number of materials required to craft the Cybertech component

Edited by RikuvonDrake

Do NOT make the mat gain from PvP RNG.

If there's anything everyone hates its this stupid RNG bullcrap. I don't care if you increase the amount of mats required, RNG is the absolute devil and ruins enjoyment. Only clowns and EA thinks this is a good idea. I don;t know why you want to push RNG bullcrap again but please please PLEASE reconsider this stupid idea of 50% 25% and 10% cause it will be the most annoying and counterproductive towards what you are trying to achieve here.

Weekly and daily with only wins and no losses count is already enough of an "RNG" thing. Don't make it a stupid double layer thing.

Do it, even if you have to up the mat costs. Make it 100% you dummies.

Member thrill of the hunt?

so each player uses 14 augments, an operation group has 8 players so that is 112 augments in total, that means they need to raid for 224 hours to farm the pve material for a full group, assuming they clear 5 bosses an hour, which is pretty easily achievable for a good nightmare raiding group. Assuming they raid 2,5 hours per raidnight that's 90 days of raiding which, let's say they raid 3 times a week is 30 weeks of farming. If this patch comes out in October this means your average nightmare raiding group will have gathered all PvE materials by May, next year.

as a nightmare raider, I ask you to please reconsider from what content the different materials drop, how many that drops and the number of materials required to craft the Cybertech component

And then add on the PVP mat farming which is based on RNG so basically its 1 year of grinding to get a level of augments that in a year are probably going to be out dated anyways...

Don't lose players like World of Warcraft did by adding this to the game. You are forcing people who want to exceed at high levels to do High End PVE and then people who dont like PvP to do that also, and Ranked!?!!!? Thats a NO NO and a Game killer. You just started getting people back, dont lose them again.

Cupelix

Edited by HaiHy
Bad spelling

How are people supposed to test augment performance when there is no way currently to easily acquire them? No one is going to farm NIM and Ranked just to get the mats to be able to craft these augments. There's zero incentive to do so... Plus requires other peoples around to do the content...

Making it exclusive to the hardest content types, which are populated by different groups with little overlap, one of which you already know is prone to manipulation, and hope the market will sort it out for you? Nope. Big nope!

If you decide to stick with this against all reason, I would like to go ahead now and advertise my services to NiM raiders and ranked PvP guilds as a neutral party, an escrow officer if you will. If your NiM raid team goes into ranked PvP and negotiates a deal with the PvP group *wink wink* , you may send the money to me and I will, after completion of the match and evaluation of screen shots to see the agreement was honored, send the proceeds - minus a modest 5% handling fee - on to the appropriate party.

/sarcasm

'coz you know this is how it'll go, right?

Barely costs any conquest materials but a lot of legendary embers? Did I get this backward or something? It's far easier to get the conquest materials and there are only a few ways for embers and it's all on RNG.

Can we have more ways of getting embers? Also, I saw 3k for 1 ember? Should be 500 at the very most honestly. Getting 3k isn't all that easy unless you're a hardcore PvEr.

Hello everyone!

Following Chris Schmidt's announcement of new Augments, they are now available for testing on PTS. This will be a new tier of Augments that can be crafted by Cybertechs.

- How does the inflow of materials from PvE and PvP feel?

- Are Cybertechs happy with the CM-1337 material?

- Do the schematics take too long?

Let us know your thoughts!

My cybertech will never learn the schematic, as I don't know anyone who runs the high end raids or is serious about ranked PvP.

The aim of this seems to be adding a new grind to keep people occupied for a while, but realistically only a small percentage are going to ever obtain these, the rest will at best ignore them and at worst get pissed about "Play your way" being thrown out the window by adding gear they can never hope to obtain.

My cybertech will never learn the schematic, as I don't know anyone who runs the high end raids or is serious about ranked PvP.

The aim of this seems to be adding a new grind to keep people occupied for a while, but realistically only a small percentage are going to ever obtain these, the rest will at best ignore them and at worst get pissed about "Play your way" being thrown out the window by adding gear they can never hope to obtain.

I think the only people that will seriously do this are crafters and casuals who shouldn't worry about these at all.

Raiders/Ranked will make bank selling this stuff

It's 300 stat points in Legacy, 300 tert and 400 power/end in 75 content. Total for all 14 augs. Drop in the bucket~

So let me get this straight. I will need to farm pvp, which I hate, but if I care to, I can buy them off the GTN?

Not seeing why on earth I should subject myself to the wretched state of ranked pvp. By the time I would get these, there will be new ones out. Just renewed my sub to FFXIV where hey, you get your gear by doing the things you like.

I won't even be bothering with the test server if this is the way they are acquired.

Skinner box upgrade to chase a minor stat boost that no one needs or asked for, which will take so long to farm that it will be irrelevant by the time you have a full set.

How about instead of vertical gearing you actually stick to your commitment of horizontal gearing? Add new sets? OR OR OR maybe you can change the set bonuses from 2/4/6 to 3/6 and allow us to mix gear sets like every other game with horizontal gearing does.

I guarantee you'll keep us busy with a change like that.

Geting mats in both pve and pvp takes ages considering how many of them are required. No one will step foot into this if they won't see results soon. Farming ranked which requires only wins and running ops tonnes of times to make a single augment is a joke. You have big problems with calculations.

I think the only people that will seriously do this are crafters and casuals who shouldn't worry about these at all.

Raiders/Ranked will make bank selling this stuff

It's 300 stat points in Legacy, 300 tert and 400 power/end in 75 content. Total for all 14 augs. Drop in the bucket~

I'm a crafter and I normally enjoy crafting but not wasting my time here with these.

We need a way to just buy/grab the augs if you want people to test performance; NOT about to grind on PTS to maybe test these~

This ^^

If you want us to test the crafting part and the performance, we need an easy way to get the mats on the pts.

Can you please add them to the trainer or vendor so we can test for crafting time, crits, bugs and performance.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Messing about with gear again, instead of making interesting content? Really?

Is there no-one left who can write a decent story, come up with missions, create a new PVP or GSF map? Design a new planet to explore? Put in new things to do?

Or are we just left with accountants who think devaluing the currency and adding another is going to keep star wars fans and gamers interested?

Some of us have been grinding for gear ever since we started. - For me, Enough is enough. I'm not going to go through that all over again. I'm done with this BS.

CM-1337 ingredients are:

15 OEM-37

25 RPM-13

5 Legendary Embers

CM-1337 ingredients should be:

15 OEM-37

5 Legendary Embers

or

25 RPM-13

5 Legendary Embers

In other words, there should be 2 recipes, one that will make raiders happy, other that will make pvpers happy.

Farming nim bosses require certain level of skill and full group of 8/16 people sharing the loot, so people that are not able to do this (and want to get augments or mats to sell them) will go pvp route as before. Raiders will not be forced to pvp unless they choose to. As someone calculated above, it will take several months to outfit the team *if* the team is just farming the bosses and not actually, you know, progressing a boss, as that would mean they do not get any drops at all...

I get that you (and other MMOs) want people to participate in all content, and these augments are meant for top tier competitive players, but please finally acknowledge that PvE and PvP are two different beasts and at the highest level they differ so much that they should be kept separate. On low tier (aka conquest with rewards for story mode operations and unranked pvp) it is fine to push people to try everything to find what they like in game and what not, but once they find it and get good in their chosen area, trying to push them into the other direction will cause backlash and unhappiness. Let PvEers kill bosses, PvPers kill other players and those few that can and like to do both do whatever they feel like on that day.

Boy where should I start.

At first getting new augs won't be the killer of dxun. The guilds capable already can do it and the few that are able to complete it with the new augs will be so few. The main reason for people to get them, I already see will be pvpler and guys who want to flex on parsley.

The only thing they could be useful, would be if the other OPs would be scaled to 75... But even this wouldn't justify them completely.

Then on gathering. Bioware I don't play pvp... I hate pvp. Forcing me to play will end in a worse experience for everyone. I play since its f2p most time as sub and I run pve... Most of my chars still aren't able to play rankend because I just avoid it. That one char who could play rankend, has it only because of the ossus farming weekly, which I hated already hard and I am not the only one who thinks exactly like that. The problem with only few playing pvp won't be fixed by forcing more to do it. It doesn't make pvp attractive getting mats you want for pve. It is Illusion to think just because hundreds force themselves to Play ranked they all out of nothing start to enjoy it.

The cost alone is ridiculous. 32 resource matrixes. Why? For what reason that many. Why not make a new mat that drops a bit lesser in conquest and regular Ops but you don't need that many for one aug.

To the new Mats. Making them random drop in pvp makes it even worse. Make the pve ones drop only in Nim only that few by the cost that exorbitant high is best way to make peple frustatet. That nim drops more is right, but let them drop in hard mode and story mode to but just far less. If someone only doing SM (I know they aren't the targeted group) he should be able to craft one if he grinds a lot. Like two or three ops per day, maybe even less.

My biggest wish is ftom that whole text. Don't make it with mats that are only obtainable due to pvp or pve. Have one mat that drops in ranked and OPs that is needed for the new aug. End

Additional note: the fight against credit sellers won't work, if you make bis gear just expensive. There will be many like me who don't like pvp and still try to get the mats. So the good pvpler will farm their mats sell them to the gtn and now you can start guessing, where the credits will come from. Heck the whole gtn will be bought empty of the required mats the prices will skyrock and then again this will make credit sellers more attractive than they should be.

The new augments are a throwback to pre-6.0 designs in which only NiM farmers succeed in obtaining the highest level gear. That success is measured by the price of the new mats. In past cycles of gear, the high-end mats were controlled by the high-end teams and so too were the markets for those mats. The beauty of the 6.0 design was that all the mats could be obtained from doing multiple forms of content at typical levels of difficulty. So, prices of mats are pretty stable. As a result prices of crafted gear are pretty stable. The remnants of the past cycles design philosophy are evident is the 0ff-GTN price for a set of Wings. It runs 500 million or more to join a group capable of NiM content. That is an indictment of the design. The design philosophy of 6.0 can accommodate infinite game growth. Previous cycles rewarded better teams with better gear. Its sort of like giving an extra Queen to a chess player for winning more. Ask the Chess Federation if that's a good idea. It is in fact, an impediment to a growing customer base.

How are people supposed to test augment performance when there is no way currently to easily acquire them? No one is going to farm NIM and Ranked just to get the mats to be able to craft these augments. There's zero incentive to do so... Plus requires other peoples around to do the content...

If the PTS doesn't give mats quicker they will need to put this on the PTS for months before anyone will have a full set available to test.

And when it comes to the live servers, there will be just a year before the next expansion hits cause I do assume they will have an expansion planned for their 10-year anniversary. So realistically it means that they need to cut the requirements for this or else this implementation will server no purpose and it will only serve an extremely small part of the player base.

It just baffles me how BW keep coming up with these horrible ideas. It didn't work in WoW and chased a lot of people away there as anyone will tell you. Do BW not know this? And considering how gated this is, do BW not realise that this is out of reach for the vast majority of players and almost pointless for the small group of people that will get these, will not be able to enjoy the fruits of their labour for very long. If you only play one character maybe but most people have multiple alts.

It just makes zero sense for them to implement this but here we are and they'll go through with it regardless I bet.

I agree that it should be one mat that can be sourced in NiM Ops and Ranked and the drop rate should be increased. Besides, you basically get them in group ranked only (solo is negligible) and only if you win matches.

Are they expecting PvE'ers to go group ranked en masse? This only encourages win trading because now winning is essential and I suspect that a lot of PvE'ers will give up soon if they go there at all.

If the PTS doesn't give mats quicker they will need to put this on the PTS for months before anyone will have a full set available to test.

And when it comes to the live servers, there will be just a year before the next expansion hits cause I do assume they will have an expansion planned for their 10-year anniversary. So realistically it means that they need to cut the requirements for this or else this implementation will server no purpose and it will only serve an extremely small part of the player base.

It just baffles me how BW keep coming up with these horrible ideas. It didn't work in WoW and chased a lot of people away there as anyone will tell you. Do BW not know this? And considering how gated this is, do BW not realise that this is out of reach for the vast majority of players and almost pointless for the small group of people that will get these, will not be able to enjoy the fruits of their labour for very long. If you only play one character maybe but most people have multiple alts.

It just makes zero sense for them to implement this but here we are and they'll go through with it regardless I bet.

I agree that it should be one mat that can be sourced in NiM Ops and Ranked and the drop rate should be increased. Besides, you basically get them in group ranked only (solo is negligible) and only if you win matches.

Are they expecting PvE'ers to go group ranked en masse? This only encourages win trading because now winning is essential and I suspect that a lot of PvE'ers will give up soon if they go there at all.

Agreed, its nonsensical. Hardcore PvE'ers would have to optimize their gear, utilities and perhaps even rotation differently for Ranked PvP... and vice-versa, I don't mind having a tier of augments for the hardcore players that I as a casual cannot reach, but forcing either group to do the opposite activity is not going to work out well for anyone involved, nor will the "market" help anything here considering the amount of people doing those kind of content compared to the rest of playerbase.

I hope Bioware really reconsiders this because its clear most people aren't happy, and rightfully so, I don't usually tend to fully agree with the forums as the nihilism is strong with this one but this time even I am not pleased with this, makes no sense whatsoever.

This is an awful idea.....Maybe focus on balancing classes in PVP and add new maps. Make new Operations or add new exclusive drops for NIM like the dread helm. Pretty sure WOW tried the same thing as this augment idea and the players almost started a mutiny. This is literally my first post on this forum because i feel so strongly about this being a bad idea. I just hope this isnt the game killer. I also wonder how many more melee DPS will be lost in all content with the new guarding changes. Hmmmm, play a mara who has the most DPS or be one of the 4000 ranged dps players since Sin and Jugg lost its one advantage in PVP. That sounds like lack of balance to me not what you are saying you are trying to do. Edited by dustinbates