Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Spirit of Vengeance

SeCKSEgai
06.18.2021 , 04:42 AM | #11
I waited over a week after release to do it. I can't quite remember if I got it as a random FP in GF first or if I did the solo story first.

I can say that even with the level 1 default companion at the time I was able to complete it without much issue.

HOWEVER, as a player with both a lot of pvp and HM experience in 306 rated gear with a highly customized interface of course it shouldn't give me much of an issue. I've got defensive cooldowns on hotkeys and have options if my companion goes down.

But while changes have been made I still think it's overtuned for story.

Shadow of Revan gave us the "jesus bot" that basically could do everything.
Companions were eventually changed so they could perform any role.
We no longer have to gear companions but instead invest our resources into building their influence.

The companion Ai was never "great"
There are bugs that have been around for years.
There are bugs that weren't around years ago.

Story mode was meant to be accessible to even the most "casual" player. Just the other day a new guildie was raging as he kept failing to complete some basic story content. Luckily someone was kind enough to offer to help. There's definitely a point where you can't make things easy enough because eventually the player doesn't learn anything at all.

But SoV came after players were long conditioned to rely on the companion for solo content. I think my comp died 2-3 times my first time in, and despite being in a healing role at level 1 he was fodder if he managed to pull threat given the large groups.

With the minimal difficulty found in most of the story, it should be no surprise that people struggle when that trend is changed abruptly. I don't think it should be adjusted to be brain dead easy but to be more in line with everything else at that difficulty level.
Riyn - Maryss - Rlnd - Mony - Retrocide - Reiy

Rlentless - Reyn - Rlad - Ttiana

Enticy
06.18.2021 , 05:50 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by SeCKSEgai View Post
I waited over a week after release to do it. I can't quite remember if I got it as a random FP in GF first or if I did the solo story first.

I can say that even with the level 1 default companion at the time I was able to complete it without much issue.

HOWEVER, as a player with both a lot of pvp and HM experience in 306 rated gear with a highly customized interface of course it shouldn't give me much of an issue. I've got defensive cooldowns on hotkeys and have options if my companion goes down.

But while changes have been made I still think it's overtuned for story.

Shadow of Revan gave us the "jesus bot" that basically could do everything.
Companions were eventually changed so they could perform any role.
We no longer have to gear companions but instead invest our resources into building their influence.

The companion Ai was never "great"
There are bugs that have been around for years.
There are bugs that weren't around years ago.

Story mode was meant to be accessible to even the most "casual" player. Just the other day a new guildie was raging as he kept failing to complete some basic story content. Luckily someone was kind enough to offer to help. There's definitely a point where you can't make things easy enough because eventually the player doesn't learn anything at all.

But SoV came after players were long conditioned to rely on the companion for solo content. I think my comp died 2-3 times my first time in, and despite being in a healing role at level 1 he was fodder if he managed to pull threat given the large groups.

With the minimal difficulty found in most of the story, it should be no surprise that people struggle when that trend is changed abruptly. I don't think it should be adjusted to be brain dead easy but to be more in line with everything else at that difficulty level.
Im in the same boat. I beat this flashpoint with my Fury Mara the day it was released, and I had no problem whatsoever. Yes, the comp was virtually useless, but I also had fully optimized 306 gear, a full set of purple augs, a massive amount of HM/PvP experience, and an even more experience with my spec and class (Fury Mara was the first thing I ever played in this game).

Yes, story mode should be accessible. But at that point in the game, it should also be a challenge. Hell, parts of the KotFE/KotET expansions were challenging on story mode. While I generally dont like echoing the git gud sentiment, Im still going to say that eventually people need to learn about mechanics, DCDs, interrupts, and maximizing their dps. You cant just expect to coast through the whole game on the back of your companion.

eabevella
06.20.2021 , 11:17 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Not only that, but every time I Force Charge to a foe, the crazy b***h pulls it away to her.
She ruins my aoe every time... Bad Tank Lord Krovos will get a vote kick if she's a real person.

Toraak
06.21.2021 , 08:31 AM | #14
How is this complaining about SoV still going on?

1) it's not hard at all in Solo/Story. I did it when it 1st came out and it was a lot harder the with all the actual bugs in it, and if your struggling with it now after the bug fixes and nerfs, you may want to look at your class abilities better and learn what does what.

2) if you haven't even read the dev tracker they mentioned thinking of adding a God bot to this FP, so at this point, why bother complaining about this? In case you need a link to that post by the devs here you go. https://www.swtor.com/community/show...18#edit9949818

JYthelifesaver
06.21.2021 , 10:11 PM | #15
The only people who should be struggling with this are young kids, probly under age 10, or people with physical/mental handicaps that would (understandably) make it hard for them to perform well. Anyone else having problems should make room for the possibility that you just "suck". I mean that with all due respect, of course.

Hadsil
07.03.2021 , 09:48 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by JYthelifesaver View Post
The only people who should be struggling with this are young kids, probly under age 10, or people with physical/mental handicaps that would (understandably) make it hard for them to perform well. Anyone else having problems should make room for the possibility that you just "suck". I mean that with all due respect, of course.
We got our wish. We can finish it now. They fixed it. I'm so sorry of all the emotional anguish this will cause you. I mean that with all due respect, of course.