Underworld Syndicate Plans - will they still drop for rep after GS ends next week?

Sarova

Hey Dev peeps

As title really. Will Underworld Syndicate Plans still drop from mobs after Galactic Seasons ends next week? I still have a bit more Syndicate rep to get (I need 15K more rep to hit legend). Would be good to get some info on this please :) Or is there another way of getting this rep coming (I haven't done the PTS)?

Hey Dev peeps

As title really. Will Underworld Syndicate Plans still drop from mobs after Galactic Seasons ends next week? I still have a bit more Syndicate rep to get (I need 15K more rep to hit legend). Would be good to get some info on this please :) Or is there another way of getting this rep coming (I haven't done the PTS)?

I don't have any inside information or know the official answer. But I would expect the shadow syndicate "stuff" to remain around the galaxy until GS3 officially begins.

• Dev Post

Hey there!

When Galactic Season 2 ends, Underworld Syndicate Plans will no longer drop from enemies. Qi'us Dnar will remain on Nar Shaddaa allowing players to turn in any remaining Underworld Syndicate Plans even after the season has ended.

I hope everyone is able to make the most of the remaining time and reach their goals with the Shadow Syndicate!

I don't know if they'll drop after GS ends, but they still drop for me even after I have max rep.

That's interesting. I just hope they don't stop once GS ends. Can you sell your extras or do they just end up in the currency tab?

Edited by Sarova

Will there be a way to earn reputation after the event ends?

I haven't played as much recently, I'll probably end the season 5-10 levels short, so I'll buy those. What will drive me crazy as a completionist is that I'm going to be about 30,000 rep points short.

I don't remember the mechanism in Season 1, but I didn't have any problems maxxing out reputation in Season 1.

Oops ... I just started a thread asking this question. I guess I should have scrolled down.

I haven't played as much recently, I'll probably end the season 5-10 levels short, so I'll buy those. What will drive me crazy as a completionist is that I'm going to be about 30,000 rep points short.

I don't remember the mechanism in Season 1, but I didn't have any problems maxxing out reputation in Season 1.

Hey there!

When Galactic Season 2 ends, Underworld Syndicate Plans will no longer drop from enemies. Qi'us Dnar will remain on Nar Shaddaa allowing players to turn in any remaining Underworld Syndicate Plans even after the season has ended.

I hope everyone is able to make the most of the remaining time and reach their goals with the Shadow Syndicate!

Will the cheevos associated with rep become inactive or will you still be able to complete them for the titles even though the season will be over? The above statement says that you'll still be able to turn them in, but does not explicitly state that the cheevos will still be completable and titles rewarded.

Edited by Chryptyk

That's interesting. I just hope they don't stop once GS ends. Can you sell your extras or do they just end up in the currency tab?

When you reach legendary reputation, all Plans continue to accumulate in the currency tab. You can take them to Qi'us Dnar and she will trade your Plans for 125 credits apiece, with 100 plans for 12500 credits being the most you can trade at once.

You can't trade them for rep trophies any longer, not that you would need to, though I have no idea what the purple trophies were worth at the junk vendor before I hit legendary. You got 5 purple rep trophies for 100 plans. Hopefully a purple trophy was less than or equal to 2500 credits each, so that the exchange rate at Qi'us is equal or better than the junk vendor.

There has been no information given on whether or not you will still be able to earn reputation but the consensus seems to be no and that you better stock up as much as you can in you inventory.

There was no reputation for season 1. It was new with season 2.

[quote=Screaming_Ziva;10038163

There was no reputation for season 1. It was new with season 2.

I guess that's why I had no problem hitting it ... lol. I just know that the current rep is the only one I don't have maxxed out.

Come on Bioware, you guys have been swinging and missing at every step of this expansion and its downright embarrassing at this point. A limited time reputation during what is deemed one of the lowest points in the game's history? Is there no slack to be cut? Jackie, could you kindly pass my disappointment on to the right people? I'm having a hard time caring about anything these days with this game because of goofy misses like this.

Hey there!

Ok, what about the Shadow Syndicate Rep items? If we have a bunch of them saved up, will we still be able to consume those and get the "One With the Shadows" & "The Shadow of the Underworld" Achievements after the season ends? The Reputation cap for the Syndicate is annoyingly low, and I'm at least under 20,000 away from finishing the reputation track.

Ok, what about the Shadow Syndicate Rep items? If we have a bunch of them saved up, will we still be able to consume those and get the "One With the Shadows" & "The Shadow of the Underworld" Achievements after the season ends? The Reputation cap for the Syndicate is annoyingly low, and I'm at least under 20,000 away from finishing the reputation track.

The literal text of those achievements implies no, the rep has to be max'd during the season. Unfortunately I didn't read the achievements carefully enough to be able to hit max rep during season 2. And I wasn't using max rep each week because I saw more value in continuing to be able to use a rep token every day for conquest points. Since all my other reps were max'd long ago, it was nice to be able to get rep conquest points again. But now Manaan is going to be available, I didn't need to artificially slow my rep progress after all. Still, it's too late for me to make the achievements now. The weekly limit won't allow it.

Edited by Estelindis

Once I got max rep, the remaining tokens (~20) became unusable and I simply vendored them.

On a related note, what does Underworld Syndicate reputation do for you anyway? (Other than some useless cheevo.) There doesn't seem to be a reputation vendor to get decos or whatever?

Edited by JediQuaker

Hey there!

Thanks for answering. I thought this might be the case, hence the thread. Will there be a way to get this reputation up in the future?

Once I got max rep, the remaining tokens (~20) became unusable and I simply vendored them.

On a related note, what does Underworld Syndicate reputation do for you anyway? (Other than some useless cheevo.) There doesn't seem to be a reputation vendor to get decos or whatever?

At least extras will be vendorable (Oh, I made a new word) for those who are maxed out.

I asked about the point of this rep ages ago. I think there was a response that it was GS related rep only, with titles.

Edited by Sarova

With the disguise-chests and terminals already in place, why not make the "Syndicate Infighting" objective a weekly quest we can pick up from Qi'us Dnar, to slowly build reputation? Can't have too many questss, right?

Maybe even add an reputation vendor with some stuff we can buy for Syndicate Plans, including Fen Zeil and his companion gifts for those who missed out on the event?

What's the point of building a faction with its own reputation just for a one-time event?

Edited by Mubrak

Hey there!

Hey there! Please reconsider your illogical decision and read this post below! ....

With the disguise-chests and terminals already in place, why not make the "Syndicate Infighting" objective a weekly quest we can pick up from Qi'us Dnar, to slowly build reputation? Can't have too many questss, right?

Maybe even add an reputation vendor with some stuff we can buy for Syndicate Plans, including Fen Zeil and his companion gifts for those who missed out on the event?

What's the point of building a faction with its own reputation just for a one-time event?

.... since it makes much more sense than informing the playerbase a mere 5 days prior to 'Seasons' ending.

Or maybe, i dunno, let us know your BioWare thought-process and reasoning and justification, so the COMMUNITY can better understand why u guys do some of the things you do? :ph_use_the_force:

Edited by Nee-Elder
i try very hard NOT to "bash" you BioWare, but gosh you make it so difficult sometimes with your decisions... ugh

Hey there! Please reconsider your illogical decision and read this post below! ....

It's ok that some things are time limited. As we've seen, sometimes "exclusive" "limited-time" rewards don't remain that way for very long (see Master Ranos companion.) I agree that communication could have been better, it always can, but the achievement description does say that legend reputation and the 100 weekly objectives have to be completed during the season, and it was obviously entirely doable within the season, since I have it. Fear of missing out is real and game companies will take advantage of that to incentivize people doing something within a certain timeframe.

I'll never get the "Strike Team: Defeating Izax" achievement rewarding the legacy-bound version of the Wings of the Dragon mount for defeating Izax in veteran mode in the limited 44-day window between 5.8 (March 20, 2018) and 5.9 (May 3, 2018). I wasn't part of a team that could do it and I didn't have the money to pay for a sales run. Its really the only thing I wish I could have gotten over the years.

But that's ok too.

It's ok that some things are time limited. As we've seen, sometimes "exclusive" "limited-time" rewards don't remain that way for very long (see Master Ranos companion.) I agree that communication could have been better, it always can, but the achievement description does say that legend reputation and the 100 weekly objectives have to be completed during the season, and it was obviously entirely doable within the season, since I have it. Fear of missing out is real and game companies will take advantage of that to incentivize people doing something within a certain timeframe.

Whilst I appreciate the dev response (as I said earlier) I am a bit miffed that is wasn't clearly stated that this rep would only run during GS WITHOUT US HAVING TO LOOK UP THE ACHIEVEMENT (I didn't realise there was an achievement; I was just interested in the titles). I'm only about 10k away from the max rep (and was grinding for more plans to hand in, in the areas where they are known to drop) but there's no way to get enough underworld plans before Tuesday as a solo player. I spent hours grinding for them yesterday using the thing you can buy that's supposed to increase drop rates. I had more drop without the boost and after several hours I only managed to get 32 plans :(:( Even with the rep boost for turning in, this is pitiful.

If anyone has some secret plan grinding methods for soloers I'm interested.

Edited by Sarova

Hey there! Please reconsider your illogical decision

.... since it makes much more sense than informing the playerbase a mere 5 days prior to 'Seasons' ending.

Or maybe, i dunno, let us know your BioWare thought-process and reasoning and justification, so the COMMUNITY can better understand why u guys do some of the things you do? :ph_use_the_force:

lol I had stupidly assumed the rep would continue to drop even after GS ended and was taking my time on it --since afaik there has never been one-time only limited rep before--but I'm not surprised by BW's shortsightedness and inability to communicate this beforehand, i.e the beginning of the Season. We're all veterans, nothing these devs do should come as shocking by this point, unless it's because they did something right.

Hey there!

Here's what I get from this:

GS is a monetization scheme, so the timer is a hard stop to incentivize cash purchases. No, your subscription is not enough, and we'll continue to have content paywalled behind monetized grinds, with timers, on top of our subscription costs.

Edited by FlatTax