Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

I frankly am quite frustrated with this process. I purchased my game, via the origin/EA store and using my registered account which I will play with, on July 21st. However, I did not read the "fine print" (aka I didn't scroll to the bottom of my pre-order receipt email) so I did not know I had to take the extra step of applying it to my account. After all, I bought the game through my account to begin with.

The result is I did not know I had to apply it until November 4 when a friend mentioned it to me. So, I essentially paid $5 (pre-order fee beyond the game purchase itself) for the privilege of being frustrated. I emailed Customer Support regarding this including all pertinent details such as order number date and email address it was registered to and basically got a "sorry we're not going to do anything" reply.

To be blunt, I'm half a step away from demanding a refund on the pre-order fee, and seriously doubt I will ever again pre-order anything from EA/Origin due to their lackluster response to this issue.

The process for entering your code at swtor.com was in the emails you received when you pre-ordered your game.

As for your "demand' for you pre-order fee, the "fee" is $5 of the total of the game. You are not being charged extra.

Where is a facepalm emote? :rolleyes:

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just like to thank you, while I and the rest of my guild and friends wait, for NOT giving the RP-PvP community any support and creating a confusing launch for us.

If some of us get on a server in early launch and then the rest of us who is in later waves get block out of that server. I will remember that and that will colour my longevity in this game.

Wow I gave these people my money early for a whole day?

**** everything about this.

Sure is fun being a second-class citizen getting ROFLstomped by level 50s a whole TWENTY FOUR HOURS before everybody else does! Oh boy! So glad I forked over $60 of my hard-earned money for that great honor.

Ignore that guy. He has no clue what he is talking about. You should only listen to what official Bioware employees tell you. From what the originally said about this Dec 13th access, they stated that everyone would be getting two days extra. So, I figure you'll get at least 3 days. But I would say there's a decent chance it'll be more than that.

What friggin joke ... my friend redeemed his code later then i did .. he's been on over an hour now ... i am choked what the frig is the point of getting a preorder for early access when people that order after you get in before you do .... great friggin job bioware!!:mad:

Shut up, jesus

Haha, the funny thing about the homepage is that it still says if you pre-order now you can still get up to 5 days of EGA! So you are saying if I pre-order now I get to play 0 days? Good stuff!

"Up to" is the crucial bit here. That preorder message has been there a while. While beta was random, early access is first come, first serve... as it should be. Props to BioWare on this policy.

Edited by myrdinn

I was kind of hope that today BW let in the game most of August preorders...i redeemed at 3rd of October...and i was hoping to be in at 14th-15th....but now i see it difficult and it's dissappointing Edited by Saizor

I pre-ordered on the 22nd of July and registered on the 23rd of July. I'm still hopeful I'll get in sometime today.

For me, I don't care about missing a day or two of game time. I care about getting the names I want!

Yeah, same here. I got today off so I could be sure to get my names at least, but if I don't get in today, then I won't be able to play until the evening of whatever day. There's two names I want that MIGHT be taken early... One more likely than the other. (the 2nd actually is on WoW's list of names not allowed under any circumstances (but that list gives no reasons according to the GM, who kinda agreed it's a weird name ot be on the list, but since it's on THAT list, it's totally off limits)... no npcs have it, it's not offensive, no players on any server have it... must be a dev's kid's real name or something and it's saved in case they ever want it? lol only thing i can think of)

People calm down. I doubt anyone is getting 2 or one day.

I'm sure if everything goes to plan everyone will get 5-4 days. Lets just hope their servers don't crap up.

^ this for sure.

If the servers can handle it, there's no way they'll just sit around and keep people waiting.

- Elim

What friggin joke ... my friend redeemed his code later then i did .. he's been on over an hour now ... i am choked what the frig is the point of getting a preorder for early access when people that order after you get in before you do .... great friggin job bioware!!:mad:

They got YOUR money ! So of course its a GREAT FRIGGIN job they did ! Scam - worked !

I feel that ' code redemption' in an unfortunate pre-requisite. I pre-ordered in July, I have been religiously listening to pod casts but apparently will not be playing until the last because I only redeemed my code yesterday. Oh, well. I suppose it probably is the fairest way to go about it, but it just leaves all of us clueless folks out in the cold. :(

Goofing up the pre-order codes is one thing I will blame the retailers for. Amazon e-mailed me within minutes of my order. Not sure what the huge technical difficulty for everybody else was.

these waves are epicly evil i have dun everything people hav said to do, i have had a bath gone out and dun stuff even spent time with my family. I even walked my cat outside and I get home and still no star wars

Best!

3 weeks of vacation, it comes early, my certificiation goes to ***** because its 2 days EARLY! QQ QQ QQ QQ!!!!

Half the guild is in...other half isn't. Fantastic broken system there guys. Half the players will be in the mid teens before the other half can even join them to do stuff.

They never promised to put guilds in all at once. Its always been based on individual orders and when you input your code. They put your guild in yes, Your members will get in based on when they input thier codes.

The result is I did not know I had to apply it until November 4 when a friend mentioned it to me. So, I essentially paid $5 (pre-order fee beyond the game purchase itself) for the privilege of being frustrated. I emailed Customer Support regarding this including all pertinent details such as order number date and email address it was registered to and basically got a "sorry we're not going to do anything" reply.

To be blunt, I'm half a step away from demanding a refund on the pre-order fee, and seriously doubt I will ever again pre-order anything from EA/Origin due to their lackluster response to this issue.

You did NOT pay a pre order fee, its a deposit that will be taken from the total cost of the title when you are billed on or after the 16th.

Typical, i buy my CE the second its announced but because of Game not sending out the codes for a week after i get screwed over. Happy to take my money though im sure.

Why didnt bioware work harder to ensure these codes were distributed faster?

log into launcher and see if play button is not greyed out . The email could take a while