Presence is broken

Carba

There might be a cap.

Don't forget that most of the Presence you see on your character when you're looking at a high-Influence companion comes from the companion's Influence - your character contributes at most a few hundred out of several thousand.

Anyway, how are you assessing the effect of Presence on the companions' stats?

I fitted out a Taskmaster suit with lvl50 amps for both armorings and mods. The presence is shown on the character sheet but the stats on the Companion's sheet are not affected. The should be an effect on bonus damage from the +900 presence on top of thee comp50 bonus. Edited by Carba

I fitted out a Taskmaster suit with lvl50 amps for both armorings and mods. The presence is shown on the character sheet but the stats on the Companion's sheet are not affected. The should be an effect on bonus damage from the +900 presence on top of thee comp50 bonus.

Yeah, I confirmed this.

Reproducible steps:

1.) Have a set amount of presence on your character. In my case, this was a level 75 scoundrel with no presence on gear but all the presence datacrons. Be in a non-level synced area. In my case, this was my stronghold. My presence with no companion summoned is at a baseline of 1470.

2.) Summon an influence rank 50 companion. In my case, this was Theron Shan, in damage stance. Presence went to 3970, a 2500 point difference which correctly corresponds to the presence bonus from influence ranks.

3.) Make note of the figurea under the "Ranged" and "Tech" tabs of the companion sheet. In my case, it is Tech Bonus Damage 8840.2 with Critical chance 27.75%, critical multiplier 57.18%, alacrity 5.48%, accuracy 102.88%, Mastery 9259, Endurance 10574, Power 5742, Ranged Bonus Damage 7361.3, primary damage 7362-7366.

4.) Equip a Taskmaster set. In my case, I have several presence amplifiers on armorings and on mods. The total of the amplifiers is +510 presence. When I equip this set, my presence increases to the expected 4480, but none of Theron's Stats change, except for the known +3000 effect to [companion] Alacrity Rating, which increases the companion's alacrity percentage from 5.48% before to 17.49% while wearing the set.

5.) Make note that Theron Shan's other stats have not changed, with the same outcome to bonus damage, endurance, etc.

6.) Onderonian Clear Punch is a presence buff drink, buyable from the cantina droids on the fleet in the center of the ring, which adds +116 to presence. In my case, this increases my presence to 4596. Interestingly, Theron's stats DO change in this scenario. His Mastery and power don't change, but the primary ranged damage and the tech bonus damage do, as does his health slightly.

7.) I then bought a stack of Premium Kyrprax Command Stims which add 288 to presence, bringing the total to 4884. Theron's health goes up again, as does his primary ranged damage and tech bonus damage.

8.) I then un-equip my Taskmaster Set and go back to my regular Tactitian's set, presence goes down to the expected 4374, but Theron's health and damage stats remain as they were.

So, presence itself is working just fine, its just the presence amplifiers that are NOT working.