Is there world pvp in this game?

RuunPalmer

often you'll find pve players trying to farm quests/mats in pvp instances. that's b/c pvp instances are generally empty. and in 6.x, I don't think there's even any reason to do dailies anymore (like Ossus in the previous xpack). so I'd temper your expectations.

But people might be walking around the world map with their pvp flags turned on? I have mine on, if I remember. So it would be down to who wants to engage in pvp (they would have their pvp flags on usually)?

There's no pvp flags as such, when you are in the pvp instance, you are automatically 'flagged' for pvp, it's not like the old days where some can be flagged, some not, everyone on the PvP instance is fair game. It's the chance you take for a quietier instance :) So if you meet anyone on the instant, you can attack them, they might not want to pvp, but they've chosen to to be on a PvP instance, so it's their own fault if they get ganked.

I quest on the pvp instances a lot, I don't do it to pvp, it's just quieter , I fi see people I usually give them a wide berth, and most of the time, they do the same, but sometimes, they attack. If they are better than me, and insist on staying there waiting for me to respawn, I just go back to base, then switch back to a pve instance. If I kill them I usually walk waay, it's their choice if they follow me.

Edited by DarkTergon

Oh so, in terms of if I see an enemy player in the world map outside of a pvp instance... can they be attacked? Or are they unclickable?

if you are in a rest area, or PVE instant, they are green, you can click on them, but just not target with any attack, or buff. But you can still 'emote' them.

Edited by DarkTergon

It can happen. Other day we had some PVP fun in the CZ (daily area) as a guildie called for help in the PVP instance with a roaming pack of repubs ganking people. We arrived en masse and then they also got backup. Was fun for about an hour. Only problem (or challenge I guess) was the constant spawning of NPC's which kind of just get in the way.

It can happen. Other day we had some PVP fun in the CZ (daily area) as a guildie called for help in the PVP instance with a roaming pack of repubs ganking people. We arrived en masse and then they also got backup. Was fun for about an hour. Only problem (or challenge I guess) was the constant spawning of NPC's which kind of just get in the way.

Doesn't happen as much as it used to, but then GS brought in the daily for rampage in cz , so it has increased again.

It can be fun, I prefer OWPvP to structured PvP

I was on Hoth near the Starship Graveyard and saw an Imperial, but had to get away because I didn't want to get attacked... I didn't try to click him, but could there have been a fight there? Edited by RuunPalmer

Oh I understand. There's two versions of every planet a Pvp and Pve version and if I'm on the PVP version according to the pvp flag then I'm there with all the other pvpers....

awesome :)

basically, if you are on a PvP instance , it's open season :)