Uprisings - make them popular

KarlLagarfeld

I love uprisings. I think they are a great easily made content.

What I particularly appreciate:

- they're like flashpoints

- but without wasting time with dialogues

- without too much walk between bosses

- there are swarms of adds that are easier to kill than in comparable level flashpoints

- even for veteran it requires good working teams

- the weapons are fun to use

- the bosses can be more difficult than in comparable level flashpoints and offer very interesting mechanics

- I found out, story mode and veteran uprisings are great to level up from 75 to 80

Their content also changes from what we usually see. Try Trench Runner for example, or Destroyers of the World.

The issue is, uprisings are not popular at all, many don't even know they exist. It would however be a pity to lose them!

Here are some suggestion about what to change or improve to make uprisings popular.

1 - Some uprisings are buggy. Bugs should be listed and solved.

In most cases one can find a workaround. For example, the last boss of Crimson Fang is in a kind of invisible ship. One simple needs to bring the fight away from this area. It's perfectly playable, but it makes the game design sketchy.

In Inferno, it is a problem however. In story mode, after a wipe, the 1st boss goes directly enraged. In hard mode, the 2nd boss constantly fires missiles, there is no time to kill the adds.

It's like if the uprisings had never been proofread.

2 -open the uprisings to a larger public

For the moment, it's only subscribers between level 75 and 80. Subscribers do not pay to just play uprisings anyway.

Open story mode to non-subscribers? So that players get a taste of them?

Make story mode available in group finder?

3 - increase the rewards

Should mounts and holos drop rate be increased? Maybe, maybe not.

I read once uprisings were great to get CXP (command xp, from the 5.0 version). CXP does not exist anymore. But I myself found veteran uprisings perfect to go fom level 75 to level 80.

Maybe the master mode uprisings could drop a random piece of armor set, from limited number of sets? Like the seeker droid does?

Or maybe the master mode uprisings could randomly drop an end-game armor mod?

Or maybe some craft material, like the ranked pvp do?

It could be from the individual mission, or from the weekly.

In any case, I find that uprisings are a very great but very undervalued content to the game.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the uprisings content. I find it fun to play.

I am also trying to get the mounts.

It's however a hell of a difficulty to do.

Not many people know about uprisings and even less are interested in doing them.

I manage to assemble groups. But participants are mostly only interested in the achievements. Thus they do a specific uprising only once.

The uprisings offer very little rewards in comparison with flashpoints. I might have seen a mount drop once, a long time ago.

When I manage to get someone also interested in the mounts, however, as drops are very rare, they often lose interest quickly. There is no bait.

I remember getting groups to get their weekly conquest. This is not possible anymore.

Rewards could be much better, they work as an incentive. People do ops, pvp and gsf for the tech frags. Flashpoints for the experience, the items and the decorations/mounts.

Uprisings? near to nothing.

More tech frags than in flashpoints? To have something between flashpoints and ops? Some MM uprising bosses are extremely difficult.

Or a rare chance of dropping some material? OEM-37, RPM-13...?

Or the weekly conquest one more time?

Beside, bosses in general and in story mode in particular now have a lot of hp. It takes a very long time to kill them. In comparison, killing a boss as a solo in A Traitor among the Chiss, Crisis on Umbara, Nathema Conspiracy and Objective Meridian sm is very quick and offers good rewards (tech frags, decorations, amor set pieces).

(I noticed that with the latest patch, environment bugs in Landing Party and Crimson Fang have disappeared, at least this is good).

Edited by KarlLagarfeld

I'm not sure if you know but Bioware's intent for Uprisings is to be small-scale Operations. That's why they are subscriber only, just like Operations. I wanted Bioware to tune them like Flashpoints and put them in the same queue, but Bioware insists on them being mini-Operations. Maybes there's some people that really like them as is, but it's not a big group. The queues usually take forever. Opening them up to non-subscribers might help, but I don't know if it would be enough on its own to get players running them.

When Uprisings came out they were somewhat popular because of the speed of which they can be finished. The problem was that they ranged from cake walk to ridiculously hard in terms of difficultly. Ya never know what ya going to get. The one that I can recall is "Trial and Error" (Rakghouls) which was way over tuned. Not only that the reward was not worth the effort. Edited by TonyTricicolo

I'm not sure if you know but Bioware's intent for Uprisings is to be small-scale Operations. That's why they are subscriber only, just like Operations. I wanted Bioware to tune them like Flashpoints and put them in the same queue, but Bioware insists on them being mini-Operations. Maybes there's some people that really like them as is, but it's not a big group. The queues usually take forever. Opening them up to non-subscribers might help, but I don't know if it would be enough on its own to get players running them.

There is a need for some incentive.

Like everybody is now running GSF for the pvp gear, sm ops for the tech frags, NiM Nefra for the Rakata gear and WB for some other stuff.

I used to get groups to run the uprising weeklies to do conquest. As fast as GSF. And a good alternative when you have many toons.