Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Relationships

KwaiKang
05.04.2021 , 02:54 PM | #1
It's a shame after Onslaught, that's probably the last of the character's relationship after reuniting. It would have been interesting if something would develop. It's disappointing.

ChandrilaDeler
05.05.2021 , 01:01 AM | #2
The downside to relationships is that SWTOR forgot that they were simply sidequests, and gave more attention to them instead.

JuventusAndFCK
05.05.2021 , 08:25 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ChandrilaDeler View Post
The downside to relationships is that SWTOR forgot that they were simply sidequests, and gave more attention to them instead.
Rather, they completely stopped the concept of "side quests" so any relationships taking place from then on would have to happen during the storyline.

ChandrilaDeler
05.05.2021 , 08:22 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JuventusAndFCK View Post
Rather, they completely stopped the concept of "side quests" so any relationships taking place from then on would have to happen during the storyline.
To such an extent, they decided to just make SWTOR a star trek game, that's why the closest thing to a playable alien is the Nautolan.

SteveTheCynic
05.06.2021 , 02:43 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ChandrilaDeler View Post
To such an extent, they decided to just make SWTOR a star trek game, that's why the closest thing to a playable alien is the Nautolan.
So Twi'leks are humans?
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

ChandrilaDeler
05.06.2021 , 07:38 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
So Twi'leks are humans?
The difference between them and Nautolans is in the type of eye.

Jaxterone
05.20.2021 , 03:32 PM | #7
Swtor didn't forget, it's just that Boyd made the decision to kill off pretty much every class companion (even some non-class companion ones) except the Knights, so effectively most of the class companions are now bricked and will never be used much in the story. Blame Boyd, and also all the people who kept whining for character deaths, instead of simply not using the companions they hated so much, now more than half (nearly all) of the companions can't be used, and now we're stuck with companion list full of bricks. DS players fault.

Players opened this can of worms when they started complaining about not being able to kill certain companions after Bioware already took away that ability from the original beta and for good reason it turns out. And once they started complaining about the one, it opened the door for 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.

Funny how that works, last time I was invested in this game a couple years back. The complaints were the exact opposite, and everyone was FOR companions being killable. Now I come back to the game years later in the midst of the wasteland left, with almost all of the companions being bricked. Now there's a different climate and tune in the fandom altogether. Careful what you wish for.

ChandrilaDeler
05.21.2021 , 04:10 PM | #8
Other than that, do the interactions between (F) Troopers and Jonas Balker include "un-scenes" the same way (M) Troopers do with Sgt. Jaxo?

Sundjata
06.23.2021 , 10:12 AM | #9
I personally do not care about my companions because they don't really fit my characters personality arch. Him being a Sith assassin hell bent on Galactic domination. I never understood the appeal of having Sith/jedi-ish companions, if apprentices naturally seek to kill their masters, why on earth would I have one? Is there a way to kill all your campions?

SteveTheCynic
06.23.2021 , 10:27 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Sundjata View Post
I personally do not care about my companions because they don't really fit my characters personality arch. Him being a Sith assassin hell bent on Galactic domination.
Reliable assistants are difficult to find. Say what you like about the Inquisitor's class companions, but they *are* reliable. (Er, well, unless you let Z keep KV's body. Nothing on Earth could make me think that's a good idea.)
I never understood the appeal of having Sith/jedi-ish companions, if apprentices naturally seek to kill their masters, why on earth would I have one?
While the apprentice is biding his time, waiting for the right moment, he's probably more reliable than anyone else(1) as someone to delegate tasks to.
Is there a way to kill all your campions?
All? No. Some are killable, but only some, and none are killable before the beginning of KotFE.

(1) There is one exception that you meet after the class stories. If it all goes pear-shaped and everyone is killed, she will be there with you in front of the Gates of Hell, and she will have your back there with unwavering loyalty. She is not an apprentice.
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes