Who Ever Thought of the Credit Sink in Galactic Seasons is a Genius!!!!!

CKNORTH

hopefully they introduce more credit sinks, higher repair cost, lower mission credit rewards, increased gtn taxes and similar, think it will help the game in the long run

I don't think the money sink is helping at all with the inflation issue. although it's definitely working to drive more ppl into the CM (if for nothing else than to sell CM items on the GTN). so yay! for BW, but not doing anything for me as a person who plays the game not the GTN.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the money sink is helping at all with the inflation issue. although it's definitely working to drive more ppl into the CM (if for nothing else than to sell CM items on the GTN). so yay! for BW, but not doing anything for me as a person who plays the game not the GTN.

There are a lot of easy ways to earn credits from not playing the GTN but at some point using the GTN doesn't mean the same thing as playing it. For my original thread seeing credit sinks are a good thing, you don't need to use the CC market to make money regardless of what anyone tells you. If you think that is the only way to make millions you are just feeding the machine. Also I am not going to point out how simple it is because if you don't know well, just keep playin the game at some point you will figure it out. I do not have billions of credits however I can still get anything I want from the GTN I desire without needing to pay for CC items or play a "Market", all because I played the game from launch, Subscribed for six years and I know the game. Regardless if you think credit sinks are good or not, its better to pay for the Ranks in GS and CC items from the GTN with credits than it is to pay real money.

EDIT: Ok got to thinking. people think prices are too high across the board? I can fix that for people struggling to make credits.

Things Required:

8 characters slots - 8 level 10 character's

each character must have 1 gathering skill and one crew mission i.e. treasure hunting etc.

and all characters must take slicing.

so each character has slicing and all 8 characters cover all the gathering skills and crew missions such as treasure hunting and UWT etc.

get all skills to 700, with slicing don't sell the bonus missions you get, this is important to remember, you get between 1-8 Embers and legendary mats with them...

That is what you are mostly after, However sell all other materials as well...

Lastly depending how many people follow this if any. market will tank a bit. simply run another few characters feed them for crafting and research all schematics. Place all Artifact gear on the market. rinse repeat with characters depending on sales. never worry about gear again or credits. its simple and after a while you can deco your Strongholds to enjoy them while crafting. So if this helps anyone even one person then ill call this short guide in making credits a success ;)

this also doesn't take a long time to take care of even for the most causal players. be proactive with it and enjoy.

Side note: get companions to rank 50 and use the reroll on gear for efficiency you want to Crit those slicing missions you get as well get them done as fast as possible...

Edited by CKNORTH

There are a lot of easy ways to earn credits from not playing the GTN but at some point using the GTN doesn't mean the same thing as playing it. For my original thread seeing credit sinks are a good thing, you don't need to use the CC market to make money regardless of what anyone tells you. If you think that is the only way to make millions you are just feeding the machine. Also I am not going to point out how simple it is because if you don't know well, just keep playin the game at some point you will figure it out. I do not have billions of credits however I can still get anything I want from the GTN I desire without needing to pay for CC items or play a "Market", all because I played the game from launch, Subscribed for six years and I know the game. Regardless if you think credit sinks are good or not, its better to pay for the Ranks in GS and CC items from the GTN with credits than it is to pay real money....

no offense, but I play the game. I pvp. I quest. and I craft. I don't sell crap on the gtn. I don't buy barbie **** on the gtn. I go there for basic mats when I'm at an impasse with a prof. basic mats are obscenely expensive. or only available for a FULL STACK (9999?) for 250 million credits. I mean...really? for blues and greens? this is all since I've come back.

I used to only pvp and level toons and always had a comfortable bank account. again, didn't buy expensive bling, but when I needed some mats or an occasional armor slot, it was there and I could buy it. now...it's like holy f(*(**ing s*&t! is this for real?

I used to craft everything my leveling toons needed. now it costs MILLIONS. like...I don't have MILLIONS. and that's before I try to min/max anything with amps. omg. what a cluster**** that's going to be.

edit: I actually paid for some 50s comps. and they still come back with failed missions at max lvl. wth?

Edited by CheesyEZ

no offense, but I play the game. I pvp. I quest. and I craft. I don't sell crap on the gtn. I don't buy barbie **** on the gtn. I go there for basic mats when I'm at an impasse with a prof. basic mats are obscenely expensive. or only available for a FULL STACK (9999?) for 250 million credits. I mean...really? for blues and greens? this is all since I've come back.

I used to only pvp and level toons and always had a comfortable bank account. again, didn't buy expensive bling, but when I needed some mats or an occasional armor slot, it was there and I could buy it. now...it's like holy f(*(**ing s*&t! is this for real?

I used to craft everything my leveling toons needed. now it costs MILLIONS. like...I don't have MILLIONS. and that's before I try to min/max anything with amps. omg. what a cluster**** that's going to be.

edit: I actually paid for some 50s comps. and they still come back with failed missions at max lvl. wth?

If your only doing normal missions for crafting you are doing it wrong you need to do slicing missions as well you need all the crafting characters I stated below the part you edited out with slicing without slicing your crafting will be gimped and you will be forced to use the GTN the part you decided to edit out makes you roughly 90-99% self sufficient without ever needing the GTN also who cares what prices are some people have a hard time making credits obviously so do you so you can put away the jaded chip on your shoulder and use some advice get some slicers mixed in with your crafting…

I think OP has a very naive outlook. The super wealthy will never run out of credits. They have so many, they don't even have to hesitate thinking on spending them to bypass the effort of seasons. And because they will make CC from seasons, they will continue to make a fortune converting those back into credits via the CM and GTN, since many of them probably made their fortunes using the Referral Exploit or some old credit exploit, such as the Chair Exploit. It's a positive feedback cycle:

1. They use their stores of credits to buy out of Seasons
  2. They are rewarded CC as part of Seasons
  3. They spend CC "earned" from CC on CM items
  4. They sell CM items for credits
  5. They use credits to buy out of Seasons

If this is just done on a single server, they might run out of CC eventually. But if they have fortunes in their legacies on each server, this is a self-sustaining cycle. Their coffers will never be empty!

Edited by Tofu_Shark

While leveling, the drops are adequate to keep one geared; no need to craft or buy on GTN. Just equip anything that has a Green up-arrow on it. Until you reach level 75. After that, use the drops and the vendors in the Supplies section of the Fleet. Only exception: Augments and Augmentation Kits which are only required for characters doing harder group content after reaching level 75 and equipping set-bonus gear; craft these or buy on GTN.

As a lark, I recently leveled a character in iRating 8 gear up to level 32; the presence of the companion helped, of course. Then I switched to level 32 (or so) gear and leveled up to mid-fifties. At that point I switched to mid-fifties gear and leveled up to 75. All on Story from Chapter 1 through end of Ilum and the end of Makeb. So gearing during leveling is a non-issue.

Edited by mike_carton

If your only doing normal missions for crafting you are doing it wrong you need to do slicing missions as well you need all the crafting characters I stated below the part you edited out with slicing without slicing your crafting will be gimped and you will be forced to use the GTN the part you decided to edit out makes you roughly 90-99% self sufficient without ever needing the GTN also who cares what prices are some people have a hard time making credits obviously so do you so you can put away the jaded chip on your shoulder and use some advice get some slicers mixed in with your crafting…

I'm talking about making money w/o selling **** on the GTN. of course I have the crew skills for crafting. That takes time and RNG to accumulate. When I go to the GTN, I do so because I want the mats now not 60 mins from now. I realize that is and always has been more costly than gathering them myself. HOWEVER my point, which you seem to be avoiding, is that the cost of everything has jacked up but the rewards for regular activities have not. in fact, some were nerfed. therefore, if you aren't selling your **** on the GTN, you're forced to eat outrageous price gauges. And as I already stated, that's a SIGNIFICANT change from pre-5.0 SWTOR.

edit: thus money sinks haven't affected "real world" costs. that's it. the only point I was making.

Edited by CheesyEZ

I think OP has a very naive outlook. The super wealthy will never run out of credits. They have so many, they don't even have to hesitate thinking on spending them to bypass the effort of seasons. !

Not sure it's naïve, but more that he hasn't been around for a while. As for the super wealthy, as I've said (here I think) they won't ever have to play catch up, as they play regularly, and will probably do the objectives. It's 6 billion to skip a whole season, which is a lot, even to the super rich. Not to mention, the honest ones got it by working hard to gather the credits, they won't throw them away on this, when there is no need.

since many of them probably made their fortunes using the Referral Exploit or some old credit exploit, such as the Chair Exploit. It's a positive feedback cycle:!

This is not entirely true, I'm sure some people did make a fair whack, but most of the wealthy people here, did it the 'honest' , so you can't tar us with the same brush

At the moment, I'm sitting on 40 billion, none of it was from an exploit. I started off small, using my free cc's to buy stuff from the gtn, and resell it, the more I made, the more I was able to buy. Over time, I was able to spot what would make a great deal of credits. On top of this, I crafted a lot of stuff people wanted, including 306 when they first came out, and were in hot demand, and stopped before they tanked, so I gained a lot of credits, and lost none.

About a year ago, I gave away 10 billion to people in game, in guilds, etc, cleared out my bank, and used what I had in storage to start again. And if I was to do the same again, this time next year, I'd probaly have it all back. Because I buy low, sell high, hold on to till it becomes valuable. I still have about 500 cargo bays full of items, stuff in multiple stacks. I'm not the only one.

There has been some cheaters, and BW has been very slack to stop it, them, or even remove the credits from the game. But please, don't tar us all with them.

Not all PvPers are hackers, not all gsf are cheats, not all billions exploited, and not everyone on the forums are <redacted> . I respect your opinion, even when i don't always agree :)

I'm talking about making money w/o selling **** on the GTN. of course I have the crew skills for crafting. That takes time and RNG to accumulate. When I go to the GTN, I do so because I want the mats now not 60 mins from now. I realize that is and always has been more costly than gathering them myself. HOWEVER my point, which you seem to be avoiding, is that the cost of everything has jacked up but the rewards for regular activities have not. in fact, some were nerfed. therefore, if you aren't selling your **** on the GTN, you're forced to eat outrageous price gauges. And as I already stated, that's a SIGNIFICANT change from pre-5.0 SWTOR.

edit: thus money sinks haven't affected "real world" costs. that's it. the only point I was making.

So let me get this straight then, your entire beef is you only buy exclusively off the GTN but are morally outraged at the prices because you refuse to use the GTN as a tool for selling at other peoples “market” prices? If it bothers you that much regardless of how long it takes you to gather you should still gather if making a profit morally bothers you in the first place. After all you are feeding those people credits that you are against paying it really makes no sense to me that you seem entitled to tout your unrealistic sense of morals because you in fact use the GTN for your own purposes of cutting time. I mean if you have all the crafting gathers set on rotation there is absolutely 0 need to bother with the GTN.

Edit: basically what I’m summing up for you is if you intentions are to run heroics for buying things on the GTN you will be utterly disappointed, heroics are not meant to farm for items on the GTN if you want to buy high end stuff from the GTN sadly you need to actually use the GTN as it’s intended to be used as a “market” for “buying” AND “SELLING”

Just so you know…

As for not being around a while on the credit sinks if there are other ways to drop the drastic inflation then please offer up a suggestion to something that works.

Edited by CKNORTH

So let me get this straight then, your entire beef is you only buy exclusively off the GTN but are morally outraged at the prices because you refuse to use the GTN as a tool for selling at other peoples “market” prices? If it bothers you that much regardless of how long it takes you to gather you should still gather if making a profit morally bothers you in the first place. After all you are feeding those people credits that you are against paying it really makes no sense to me that you seem entitled to tout your unrealistic sense of morals because you in fact use the GTN for your own purposes of cutting time. I mean if you have all the crafting gathers set on rotation there is absolutely 0 need to bother with the GTN.

As for not being around a while on the credit sinks if there are other ways to drop the drastic inflation then please offer up a suggestion to something that works.

WTH are you smoking, dude? I'm not morally outraged and I don't care if ppl play the GTN. it's an observable fact that the prices for basic things, not just the barbie bling, have gone up, well beyond the point where just playing the game and only spending on basic crafting items is affordable. and it wasn't always this way. what I'm saying is the cost has gone up but the quest rewards (actual quests not crew skills missions) have not kept pace with the increasing cost of general goods on the GTN. I don't know why that's so hard to follow or why you think I'm morally outraged at ppl playing the GTN.

there WAS a point where just PVPing left me with an excess of credits. now, just getting credits from PvP and dailies/heroics leaves me with a dirth of credits (when it comes to buying fairly basic GTN items). they nerfed the $$ rewards for pvp a long time ago, which was fine, but the PRICE of things has skyrocketed since then.

Edited by CheesyEZ

WTH are you smoking, dude? I'm not morally outraged and I don't care if ppl play the GTN. it's an observable fact that the prices for basic things, not just the barbie bling, have gone up, well beyond the point where just playing the game and only spending on basic crafting items is affordable. and it wasn't always this way. what I'm saying is the cost has gone up but the quest rewards (actual quests not crew skills missions) have not kept pace with the increasing cost of general goods on the GTN. I don't know why that's so hard to follow or why you think I'm morally outraged at ppl playing the GTN.

there WAS a point where just PVPing left me with an excess of credits. now, just getting credits from PvP and dailies/heroics leaves me with a dirth of credits (when it comes to buying fairly basic GTN items). they nerfed the $$ rewards for pvp a long time ago, which was fine, but the PRICE of things has skyrocketed since then.

I am looking at prices now I mean a stack of normal mats sell for next to nothing the price it costs to take the time to gather those mats are nearly as low as some of the suggested default prices most the time people add like 1 0 to the default pricing so my

Question is what are you smoking that these mats are unaffordable??

Edit: also it’s simple math if mats are high sell those mats until prices drop it’s not rocket science.

Lustrous blue crystals 800 stack is currently 59,200 74Credts each… Upari Crystals 7k each guess what people do? Sell the dang Upari stock up on other mats

Edited by CKNORTH

I am looking at prices now I mean a stack of normal mats sell for next to nothing the price it costs to take the time to gather those mats are nearly as low as some of the suggested default prices most the time people add like 1 0 to the default pricing so my

Edit: also it’s simple math if mats are high sell those mats until prices drop it’s not rocket science

It does depend on the mats, some are extremely bad, some are great. It all comes down to how badly something is needed, used, etc. Those can be quite expensive.

It does depend on the mats, some are extremely bad, some are great. It all comes down to how badly something is needed, used, etc. Those can be quite expensive.

Yeah I know but spending 15 minutes to an hour waiting and watching items gives you enough knowledge to know be patient and watch prices to just run up to the GTN see an inflated price and rage I mean I see prices on every item have a lowball price it isn’t hard to watch and just take your time if that is an item you need.. right?

It’s like running into Walmart seeing a watermelon for 99cents raging at the clerk the prices are outrageous and running out… most people today wait for a lower price. If it’s not in there budget.

Edited by CKNORTH

Yeah I know but spending 15 minutes to an hour waiting and watching items gives you enough knowledge to know be patient and watch prices to just run up to the GTN see an inflated price and rage I mean I see prices on every item have a lowball price it isn’t hard to watch and just take your time if that is an item you need.. right?

It’s like running into Walmart seeing a watermelon for 99cents raging at the clerk the prices are outrageous and running out… most people today wait for a lower price. If it’s not in there budget.

But a watermelon at 99c might be good, but if that watermelon is in constant demand, it will be $99 , and that is the gtn prices on certain mats at the moment, some have gone really high, and don't change, believe me, I've searched.

Edit: also it’s simple math if mats are high sell those mats until prices drop it’s not rocket science.

Lustrous blue crystals 800 stack is currently 59,200 74Credts each… Upari Crystals 7k each guess what people do? Sell the dang Upari stock up on other mats

i don't know what server you're on, but Upari Crystal right now on SF is listed for 7k ea. from two sellers for a stack of 20 (which is fine). another person wants 9.8k for a 6 stack. ok. EVERYTHING after that is over 1 million credits. to the point that it really doesn't matter how "cheap" they are per crystal. one guy wants 98 million for 9999 stack. by the time you get to the bottom of the page (there's only one page? lol) you're up to 43k per crystal.

all it takes is one person looking to craft with upari and any reasonably affordable prices disappear. do I blame the sellers? no. but there's a metric F-ton of credit flying around in this game (for ppl who farm credits), and they don't bat an eyelash at dropping 40 million on mats.

I'm not at all opposed to money sinks to diminish this, but as I said like 4 posts ago, it hasn't "trickled down" at all that I've seen.

Edited by CheesyEZ

i don't know what server you're on, but Upari Crystal right now on SF is listed for 7k ea. from two sellers for a stack of 20 (which is fine). another person wants 9.8k for a 6 stack. ok. EVERYTHING after that is over 1 million credits. to the point that it really doesn't matter how "cheap" they are per crystal. one guy wants 98 million for 9999 stack. by the time you get to the bottom of the page (there's only one page? lol) you're up to 43k per crystal.

all it takes is one person looking to craft with upari and any reasonably affordable prices disappear. do I blame the sellers? no. but there's a metric F-ton of credit flying around in this game (for ppl who farm credits), and ppl don't bat an eyelash at dropping 40 million on mats.

Another point that needs to be considered, is that since they nerfed crafting, and harvesting for CQ, there are less available, so less people are putting effort in, less people selling, means higher prices....

I seem to remember people saying something about tis a good while back...:cool:

I see what you are all saying but perhaps the balance just isn’t fully developed yet. It’s possible that with a gathering nerf and prices rising it’s a good time to switch your platform from crafting to gethering in the short term? Perhaps gather enough you give other people demanding to spend on these mats a break there is nothing wrong with selling a stack of upari crystals ( if that’s your intentions ) to fund your Legendary embers you need. Look at it this way you helping someone else at a lower price and they are helping you afford stuff you need. With a high end cash flow at some point you will want to get something you want which was what the game needs to develop more rewards from that are sold Via high end credits and if they are unwilling to fully unlock the GS with that intention perhaps they can do it with older content somehow perhaps in the form of rolling Cartel Unlocks for accounts. Here is an example/suggestion a NPC Vender has on rotation every account wide unlock for sale upwards of 100,000,000 credits but those who can afford it would need to subscribe for those months they want the unlocks.

The dev team has the brain power, I hope to find ways to bring the credits floating around the servers down its just a matter of implementing something

Another example is the casino coming in the summers event should be permanent with a lot higher end exclusive prizes such as penthouses on NarShadaa or other planets real estate is always a good win. It’s all a matter of implementation.

Edit: another good credit sink would be having collections unlock able with large amounts of credits the opportunity are there but they need to implement them

Edited by CKNORTH

Edit: another good credit sink would be having collections unlock able with large amounts of credits the opportunity are there but they need to implement them

They should allow subscribers to make changes at the appearance customization station for credits. With the RP community this game has there would be people changing their hair style daily if they could do it with credits.

Edited by ceryxp

They should allow subscribers to make changes at the appearance customization station for credits. With the RP community this game has there would be people changing their hair style daily if they could do it with credits.

Wow!! That is a really good idea!!

This is a good idea, I'd spend credits to change chars looks , probably a lot, but i wouldn't spend cc's

Edited by DarkTergon

You should add this to an official suggestion thread I think it’s a really good idea! And most likely not the only one who agrees!

You should add this to an official suggestion thread I think it’s a really good idea! And most likely not the only one who agrees!

I was working on a proposal but scrapped it. I was working off of a credit to CC conversion ration based upon the cost to unlock a species: 1,500,000 credits to 600 CC. The problem with that is that things like changing one's hair (40 CC) would only cost 100,000 credits. With that conversion ratio the credit costs to make appearance changes would be between 50,000 to 200,000 credits for appearance changes up to 1,980,000 credits for changing one's species, which is not enough to make a difference as a credit sink. Of course, realistically, BW, if they implemented it, would ignore my suggested costs anyhow and implement their own: 1,000,000,000 to change one's species, 100,000,000 to change one's body type, etc., because they do not know how to properly implement credit sinks.

Edited by ceryxp

I was working on a proposal but scrapped it. I was working off of a credit to CC conversion ration based upon the cost to unlock a species: 1,500,000 credits to 600 CC. The problem with that is that things like changing one's hair (40 CC) would only cost 100,000 credits. With that conversion ratio the credit costs to make appearance changes would be between 50,000 to 200,000 credits for appearance changes up to 1,980,000 credits for changing one's species, which is not enough to make a difference as a credit sink. Of course, realistically, BW, if they implemented it, would ignore my suggested costs anyhow and implement their own: 1,000,000,000 to change one's species, 100,000,000 to change one's body type, etc., because they do not know how to properly implement credit sinks.

I’ll be honest I think you should go along with the proposal of low costs vs outrageous. For these reasons it gives free players and pref chances to change. Also low costs means that people can change consecutively on the fly at a whimsicle decision which in effect would delete more credits than high costs in the long run

I’ll be honest I think you should go along with the proposal of low costs vs outrageous. For these reasons it gives free players and pref chances to change. Also low costs means that people can change consecutively on the fly at a whimsicle decision which in effect would delete more credits than high costs in the long run

Sure, I will put it up with that. Probably tomorrow.