Is Deconstruct for Schematics Broken? Deconstructed 50 with 20% chance for schematic

PeregrineShadow

I understand there has to be some randomness, but how many fails are we supposed to live with?! It takes over 11 minutes each for me to make the Critical Augment 73 to try and deconstruct it for the Advanced Critical Augment 74 Schematic. It says every time that I have 20% research chance, that is 1 in 5!!! So I have tried singles, tried 3-4 at a time, and even did 10 at once; no schematic. This was on my Bounty Hunter, L75, switched to my L75 Vanguard and tried with Shield Augment 73, Deconstructed 3 and no schematic, so now I am waiting for more to finish crafting. Over 50 total tried and no success.

This is prohibitively frustrating; and I am finding the same sentiment among MANY other players. Is there something we can do to help the odds? Oh my companions are at Influence 50.

Help! And Thank you... :cool::confused::cool:

I also agree it's extremely frustrating and illogical that for cheap items the chance is much higher than for those most expensive. It's dumb to be honest and points me to a thought that crafting on highest tiers is for the whales only. It only draws many people off from crafting on highest tiers.

I think the % for crafting are totally bogus.

Like the supposed 80% chance to crit for some of my toons - I'm lucky when I get one crit out of 3...

tell me about it. out of 10 gold 306 augs i made i got 1 extra and my comp is lvl. 50. the % numbers for everything in this game are screwed up. those comp reputation boosters you get free from galactic seasons say you get 50% extra rep. since when is 22pts 50% of 122pts?

tell me about it. out of 10 gold 306 augs i made i got 1 extra and my comp is lvl. 50. the % numbers for everything in this game are screwed up. those comp reputation boosters you get free from galactic seasons say you get 50% extra rep. since when is 22pts 50% of 122pts?

It's less 'bogus' and more 'not the whole story'.

When you craft, the difficulty is taken into account and modifies your ability to crit. Nowhere tells you this expressively but try crafting certain items and you'll be able to build up the picture that cell grafts will crit close to 100% while with prefabs, certain ones like industrial crit more than synthetic.

Hidden modifiers will always lead people to believe 'it's bogus' but trying to extrapolate accurate data without knowing the full story is way more tricky than being told everything and seeing the code after all.