Juggernaut Feedback Thread

JackieKo

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I play mostly Immortal spec and I find the changes for the most part fine for PVE not ideal but I can live with them. As far as PVP there seems to me there is a lot more issues with Juggs in general in PVP. Until bioware separates abilities in PVP and PVE they will never get PVP balanced.

i would prefer if dd was just "playable" you know? but if you look at rage for example....well enough said....it will go life as it is. just play immortal and skank again.....till what? 7.2?? where they **** us over even more.

and still no answer from the devs. they even dodge the questions regarding juggs on discord. really nice. :rolleyes:

i mean they needed almost a year for the bugged jump-utility :D -so maybe 2025? but then again they couldn´t even rescale ed....:(

Edited by -_Richtus_-

i would prefer if dd was just "playable" you know? but if you look at rage for example....well enough said....it will go life as it is. just play immortal and skank again.....till what? 7.2?? where they **** us over even more.

and still no answer from the devs. they even dodge the questions regarding juggs on discord. really nice. :rolleyes:

i mean they needed almost a year for the bugged jump-utility :D -so maybe 2025? but then again they couldn´t even rescale ed....:(

can you elaborate which questions on dc are being asked and dodged?

I absolutely hate the change to pick between saber reflect & mad dash. I don't even care about the mobility of mad dash but I'm basically being forced to choose between 2 different DCDs, the 1 second of immunity during mad dash is amazing & I will most likely be taking this for most fights, and giving up saber reflect which is an iconic juggernaut ability is utterly ridiculous to me.

Why does bioware hate juggernauts? Don't even get passive AoE DR still.

So the latest patch is here and we have some changes for the jugg:

in vengeance the second jump has now the same cd as overhead slash. thats good the rotation is save now. but it is clunky af. sometimes you get portet some time after the skill....and the second one is searing strikes crit is boostet from 10% to 20%. overall some really minor changes. No boost to our defence whatsoever. so my feedback stays the same.

focus: focused meditation: enables you to spam concentrated slice 2-(4 with force barter) times when combat focus is running. this kills your normal rotation and makes force exhausstion questionable because you end up just using leap, burst and concentrated slice xtimes+filler till you can go again. feels like smash one trick. boring. And in pvp we still have zero cc immunity so we jsut get cced in this little burst window.

critical conditions: gives us double autocrit with combat focus and jump. yet still we do less dmg than the marauder.... why?

because mara has: autocrit + zen(autocrit+25%crit extra+legendary zen 5% dmg boost) + 15% critical multiplyer from concentradet slice

jugg has: autocrit+autocrit+5% more passiv critical multiplyer than mara + legendary (5%crit was boosted to 20%?)

so in camparison we have less in everything like always :(, have still no def cd, still no cc immunity and our double crit is bound to focused burst, the mara can stack it pre fight, use it on concentrated slice, get instant 30stacks and use it again on focused burst for maximum instant burst. and after zen he has still more crit chance then the jugg :D.

furthermore his rootbreak is not bound in his rotation (predation vs combat focus).

if you really are this unimaginative let us at least hit like a truck. let the 2 autocrit stacks apply on both zealous leap and force leap! and till it seems like you want to bound everything on combat focus, give combat focus cc immunity and maybe a dps increase (15%).

And Zealous discovery gives us 3sec less cd on combat focus vs the mara who gehts 10zen stacks....that is not even! 29/3 vs 30/10....

And when you play any of these new features which tactical is intendet for us? almost all focus tacticals don´t give us anything good....the dot on concentrated slice seems wasted if i am just spamming it 4 times and just refreshing it instantly. force barter is to weak and joiners pressure is just garbage. but on the other hand we have no good def tacticals either. grit teeth is useless on dps. you will never life long enough for a second saber ward which is even weaker than the mara saber ward btw.....

we have a fokus and so a 'free hand' for force attacks and we still do less force dmg with focused burst than mara.:rak_02: ***!

i really like the idear behind critical conditions. to utilize your free focus hand to get a big focused burst except it is far to weak now. much weaker then the mara version.

and pls buff our def cds.

Edited by -_Richtus_-

• 1 month later...

The new utility trees just seem designed to give us terrible non-choices. In other games that give a tree with choices, the basic function of the 3 choices are the same, but there are some minor differences/perks to the different choices. In the new system most of the choices are so different, and one is usually a core mechanic that there is no real choice.

I am an Immortal Jugg since pre-launch, so my discussion is mostly from that perspective as it is the one I know most, though the above statement applies to every discipline I have tired.

Immortals first choice is at level 27. To start with, how everything has been drawn out across 80 levels feels terrible, you get so few abilities and feel so weak. To be 27 levels into the game before you get a choice doesn't feel that great either.

The choices at this tier are all passives. They aren't terrible but are really niche. A tank is likely going to have to pick Through Strength most of the time. I guess Targeted Assault is targeted for PvP, and Taunting Strike might be ok for speeding up solo play, or easy content.

The level 35 choices are Sweeping Slash, a passive to make Ravage immobilize it's target, and an option to make Force Screen a AOE Conal attack. The issues with the weakness of Sweeping Slash notwithstanding, having our only semi-spamable AOE be a choice is just awful to begin with. Immobilize on Ravage is at best a niche PvP choice, so I would likely never take it. The cone on Force Scream is so terrible that it won't hit more than 2-3 targets at most, and usually only 1-2 targets, because the cone is so narrow and mobs just spread out too much, especially larger mobs. This has been a long time problem with SWTOR directional AOEs, they really should have at least a 270 degree cone at minimum. So as poor a choice as it is, Sweeping Slash is the only decent choice here.

Level 43 again has some reasonable choices, and again they are all passives. Both Crushing Rage and Critical blow have some interesting uses, and again Crushing Mark looks more PvP focused.

Level 47 choices feel ok.

Level 60 choices feel ok.

Level 68 choices feel ok.

Level 73 choices are terrible. A tank has to have Saber Reflect, it's not even a choice, and it sucks to lose Mad Dash, which is a fun, but very niche ability over it. Intimidating Roar doesn't even have a chance, maybe not even in PvP.

Level 78 choices feel ok.

You also totally eliminate Chilling Scream/Piercing Chill. This wasn't a very strong combo, but it was really useful for having a decent size 360 AOE dot which combined with Sweeping Slash made our terrible AOE tanking a bit more manageable, and the small speed boost is helpful in a few situations in the game. I really hate that this combo was removed entirely.

If I could change two things about the changes to Immortal Jugg, I would get to keep Mad Dash with Saber reflect, and I would get to keep Chilling Scream/Piercing Chill combo.

I transferred my light side jugg to the pts to play her as guardian, and noticed the combat voice seems to be different. Has it changed? It seems different than on live, and I don't like the change.

Also, is the intention to fix it so that when you swap combat styles, your UI locks in place to revert back when you switch back to the other style? It's very annoying as it stands, to have to fix abilities all over again as they don't remember where you put them. :(

I transferred my light side jugg to the pts to play her as guardian, and noticed the combat voice seems to be different. Has it changed? It seems different than on live, and I don't like the change.

Also, is the intention to fix it so that when you swap combat styles, your UI locks in place to revert back when you switch back to the other style? It's very annoying as it stands, to have to fix abilities all over again as they don't remember where you put them. :(

The ability to swap from imp to rep class is just a switch all the combat barks use the voice actor they used for that class (story) so no it hasnt changed you are just hearing what guardian players have been hearing since forever.