Can't Get Past Guardian Droid - Copero

So...I've tried this like 8 times now. I get the darn thing to around 50% health then the entire thing rains hellfire and my toon is stuck in explosion after explosion knocking her from 100% health to 0% in under 5 seconds, despite hiding in the corner by the health restore-thingy, being near her heal companion, and using heals. Plus avoiding the ranged attacks from the droid.

What do?

Story Mode?

You're probably standing in AOE. There's tons of it and you have to move.

Yes, story mode.

I thought so too, but I was in a corner with no red/yellow at all, no droids in range, etc... and it was basically instakill everytime.

Maybe the AoE was bugging out and not showing me the ones nearby me...maybe it's just something I'm missing...either way i do not know still

Ahh I am so happy (but regarding the issue, happy is probably not the right word ~sighs) for your question.

Because I played ...tried to play the FP on Copero yesterday and the very same happened to me. That sh.tface defeated me like fifteen times in a row. I even checked on YT how to defeat it. But around 50-60% droid health it is just instant death. It is so dissappointing. And upsetting. Duh.

I am not the best player, but I have been playing my JK since level one and know how she works. I don't understand what is happening here. :confused:

Yes, story mode.

I thought so too, but I was in a corner with no red/yellow at all, no droids in range, etc... and it was basically instakill everytime.

Maybe the AoE was bugging out and not showing me the ones nearby me...maybe it's just something I'm missing...either way i do not know still

Ok but here I am doing it earlier today:

Am I doing something very different to how you are doing it.

*If you're melee you need to take longer to be out of the AOE under the boss.

So scanning that fight again I noticed I did take two damage spikes and it was from the Armor-Piercing Cannon Burst which you can see coming because the droid does a 1.5s cast with that exact name and then smacks you for a large amount of damage 1 hit per second for the next 4 seconds.

It happened twice in the fight and the damage looked like this: https://image.ibb.co/hOOETn/tmp.png

How much damage you take depends on what you are but using no abilities at all I was taking almost 60,000 damage over 4 seconds and maybe that can finish you off.

But as I said you see it coming, there's a 1.5s cast then it takes 4s to do all the hits. You have ages to use a defensive ability or run to a healing station to cover that damage.

The rest of the fight as long as you dont stand in AOE I don't see any reason for you to die with your healer companion out. Also you don't need to be that close, your healer has a 30m range.

Edited by Gyronamics

I do it on Story Mode a lot/ solo with my companion. You do have to move all the time, or at least most of it because of all of the AoE attacks. My guardian seems to absorb quite a bit though. However the only time I had nasty problems, was when I didn't keep the adds under control. They keep coming out at very regular intervals. If I did not keep the extra droids down to 1-2, especially the tank (or tech?) droids, then the next set of adds overwhelmed my companion and myself at least once.

Although it takes forever, running in and out of AoE circles, making sure to put your comp on passive occasionally just to move them out of AoE circles, and killing the adds until the boss is under 25% health when you can burn it down seems to work for me.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...
cacophonycat is right! I tried this guy 10 times before I realized some things: 1) keep moving ... ALWAYS! Run in circles around him. 2) Keep the Guardian Droid locked as your target. Don't divert your attention to attacking the adds. Once your AoE or best damage attack is out of cooldown keep hitting the boss. This will keep him off of your comp. 3) Stay out of his blast zones 4) Skip the kolto stations. By the time you stop to heal up your dead. 5) Keep your buffs up, especially any damage reductions. It's a massive slog but I got him in under 10 minutes.

• 7 months later...

What a pain in the arse that damned droid is! 😡

So, I found this video on YouTube, and I'm amazed at the sheer speed with which this thing is demolished!

VIDEO HERE!

Can someone explain to me what this Jedi Consular is doing so differently from everyone else to beat this thing in only 3 minutes?  And how can their tactics be modified for use by a Powertech Bounty Hunter? 🤔

14 hours ago, ZUHFB said:

you shoot it with your blaster, it shouldn't be a problem usually.

Have you defeated this damned droid POST-7.2b?  Because something is different now, it's wiping my Level 80 Bounty Hunter WAY too fast, and as is too often the case in this game, the only tutorial videos I find feature a JEDI with different powers/attacks than my Powertech Bounty Hunter has!  I have NO clue how that Jedi Consular has an almost constant Absorb Shield protecting her, but Mandalorian Powertech Bounty Hunters don't seem to be able to do anything like that!

I HATE that this isn't an optional Flashpoint, either, if it was, I could just Abandon it, as I have others that wipe my character much too fast to be acceptable.  But it's a main Story Progression one, and that's the problem.

They FORCE me to use a new companion that isn't properly leveled, and I've spent at least half a million credits, maybe more, on Companion Gifts to level her up, and she's still only Level 18!  Meanwhile, I've got Mako at Level 30 who has helped me take down many bosses, but the game won't let me summon her instead.

This kind of stupid, bat crap crazy level design, combined with top level gear being too damn rare and too damn expensive, and unavailable to Solo Players, is WHY players leave the game and never return! 😡

Edited by ReKabNad

5 hours ago, ReKabNad said:

Have you defeated this damned droid POST-7.2b?  Because something is different now, it's wiping my Level 80 Bounty Hunter WAY too fast, and as is too often the case in this game, the only tutorial videos I find feature a JEDI with different powers/attacks than my Powertech Bounty Hunter has!  I have NO clue how that Jedi Consular has an almost constant Absorb Shield protecting her, but Mandalorian Powertech Bounty Hunters don't seem to be able to do anything like that!

I HATE that this isn't an optional Flashpoint, either, if it was, I could just Abandon it, as I have others that wipe my character much too fast to be acceptable.  But it's a main Story Progression one, and that's the problem.

They FORCE me to use a new companion that isn't properly leveled, and I've spent at least half a million credits, maybe more, on Companion Gifts to level her up, and she's still only Level 18!  Meanwhile, I've got Mako at Level 30 who has helped me take down many bosses, but the game won't let me summon her instead.

This kind of stupid, bat crap crazy level design, combined with top level gear being too damn rare and too damn expensive, and unavailable to Solo Players, is WHY players leave the game and never return! 😡

You should really provide a video of you doing it, it is impossible to tell what you do wrong but yoi're prpbably just not using the droids as cover

3 hours ago, ZUHFB said:

You should really provide a video of you doing it, it is impossible to tell what you do wrong but yoi're prpbably just not using the droids as cover

I'm literally attacking this droid using my Heroic Moment attack (the Legacy Flamethrower) and other high power attacks, all of which require me to be fairly close to be in range to do them, and he wipes me in like 2 seconds flat!  And Level 18 What's Her Face isn't doing enough to keep me alive!

Tried it with her on Tank, same result.  Tried it with her on DPS like in that Jedi Consular video, same outcome. 

The later Flashpoints are annoyingly hard for no good reason whatsoever, and enemies that should never be able to get the drop on a Player Character in like 2 seconds flat are being allowed to do so. 

Edited by ReKabNad

Finally beat it by doing the most counter-intuitive thing:  Running around in circles on the outside edge of the area just shooting the damn droid with my blaster.  No strategy, no use of my many other, much more powerful Mandalorian weapons.  Just run & gun like a damn action game.  Lame. 👎😒

• Confused 1

Also, I noticed only AFTER this fight that one of the Combat Support Droids that was assigned to me somewhere along the way (probably from a Flashpoint I abandoned because I kept getting wiped) was still summonable from the trinket in my Mission Items, and I was able to use the CSD after this fight.  So, check your mission items, and if you have a Combat Support Droid Summoner, call one in to help, it might make this fight go faster.  It definitely helped on boss fights that came after this one. :csw_fett:

"Spinny boy" is from Nathema, not Copero.

Anyway. Did a few runs for Conquest (or whatever is the new hamster wheel called) points lately, assassins level 75 to 80, companions melee 30-something level, ranged 40-something level, but did it with ~15 Temple before as well. A few tips.

Ignore adds, they do negligible damage, if they do any at all. Do not stand in stupid, particularly red conical stupid, also big yellow circle stupids, red small circle stupids are not too dangerous. That means you have to move around quite a bit, but that's just all that is. Run about when it starts telegraphing its attacks, hit it when it stops.

You can also ignore adds in the next boss fight, but not in the optional boss fight, damage from those adds up. It;s better to just kill 2 out of three to prevent respawning.