BioWare, you have to make it clear when items rotate out from Galactic Seasons vendor

Phazonfreak

I just wanted to buy the HK Jetpack because it is one of the few subscriber rewards that I am still missing. I earned the tokens needed to buy it by playing your game and was severly disappointed to see that the jetpack is gone all of a sudden. To make matters worse, you are still showing it off in your item display next to the Seasons vendor like you are trying to mock us.

I hope you realize that this is pretty bad form and not at all customer friendly. You make us work for the items and suddenly you pull the rug from under our feet without any warning. I was so furious when I realized what you did that I immediately stopped playing and switched to some other game to cool off.

That was really needed though, because if I hadn't done it before writing this thread I would have used more colorful language to describe how I feel about your decision making process. This is the first time in almost 10 years that I seriously thought about quitting your game for good.

Edited by Phazonfreak

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently you not seen the announcement.

Jaleit Nall

Jaleit Nall, one of the two new Galactic Seasons vendors, features classic and previously unobtainable promotional rewards with a few new things sprinkled in, such as the Carrick Station and Vaiken Spacedock Penthouse Strongholds! Everything available from this vendor can be purchased with the new Galactic Season Tokens earned through the two Seasonal Reward Tracks. Jaleit Nall’s inventory will rotate over time, ensuring that players always have something interesting to work toward.

While the new Fleet Apartment Strongholds will be available all the way through Season 2, all of the other rewards will be on a varied 3-5 week rotation. Using the Companion Dazh Ranos as an example, after being available for five weeks, she’ll then be unavailable for five weeks before appearing again. Not all rewards will be available on the vendor at the same time.

Regardless, if it's a 3-5 week varied rotation (the quoted text says so), it's sort of nice if they tell us "and the next weekly reset will change what's in the Seasons vendor(s)", so we can grab the things we want *now* before it changes. If it is absolutely totally regular, always four weeks, say, then there's less drive for that sort of notification, because we will be able to predict when it happens.

Actually, I have seen that announcement and I knew in advance that items will rotate in and out. But as Steve touched upon my point with this thread is that I find it incredibly frustrating not to get a concrete time frame of when a change will happen in advance and ideally what items will be affected by that change. It's not like all of the initial items are suddenly gone, most of them are still there.

They didn't even make the changeover during the weekly reset time which would make sense, but apparently one or two days ago and completely out of the blue. I was not the only one on the fleet who was "surprised" by that sneaky changeover.

This is just completely random nonsense and utterly infuriating if you are trying to work for something specific and next thing you know it is gone without rhyme or reason.

Edited by Phazonfreak

IMHO "changes" and "work toward" are in conflict with each other.

Spend 3 weeks working toward something that's gone from the vendor when you finally have the tokens!

Even if they rotate back in, on a 3-week rotation cycle, depending on how many rotations there are, it could take months to buy the item I saw, fell in love with, and worked toward.

All anyone is asking for is some communication from Bioware. How hard can it be for the dev team to tell the community team to post something to say the vendor items will change this week, next week or when.

Its about 2 mins work for someone on the dev to delegate to the community team. And about 5-10 minutes work for a community team member to type up a post and get it approved before posting it.

Anyone else think else think this isn’t not too much of an ask?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

They didn't give us a schedule for Kai Zykken either. I'm pretty sure it's on purpose. These vendors -- and a lot of the interface "improvements" -- are following a mobile app strategy. I wouldn't be surprised if the 10 year anniversary was to make this game for mobile lol.

Also, I'm sure players will create a schedule once it repeats.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

They didn't give us a schedule for Kai Zykken either.

Yes, but at least with Kai Zykken you know exactly when he is available and when he is not after he was introduced to the game. And all of his items rotate every single week. It's much worse with Galactic Seasons. Only some of the items rotated out and they didn't even stick to the 3-5 week timetable that they announced in the post. It happened before the third week was over at a completely random time.

So not only do you not know which item will be gone and which item will stay, you don't even know when it will happen. In addition to that they decided to show off their wares next to the vendor and don't even update it according to rotation. If you walk up to the vendor right now, you will see items on full display that you cannot buy and new items that rotated in are not on display. This is simply bad advertisement.

Edited by Phazonfreak

All anyone is asking for is some communication from Bioware. How hard can it be for the dev team to tell the community team to post something to say the vendor items will change this week, next week or when.

Its about 2 mins work for someone on the dev to delegate to the community team. And about 5-10 minutes work for a community team member to type up a post and get it approved before posting it.

Anyone else think else think this isn’t not too much of an ask?

Their communication has always been horrible. I have given up expecting better from them.

Their communication has always been horrible. I have given up expecting better from them.

It got better for a bit. But now it’s gotten worse than before. I’m actually wondering if Jackie is still with the company because she hasn’t been active for a bit.

Kai Zykken is more of a lucky gamble system that we spend the tech fragments that come with doing stuffs.

We buy things from the GS vendor with our HARD EARNED LIMITED TOKENS.

I don't see why the GS vendor can't have everything available at all time. Put two vendors side by side if it's a matter of the number of items limited in one vendor list.

It got better for a bit. But now it’s gotten worse than before. I’m actually wondering if Jackie is still with the company because she hasn’t been active for a bit.

She has posted twice this month. She isn't much of a liaison. A lot of her posts have become little more than curt reminders to individual posters about how or where they should post.

It will rotate back. No need to get your midichlorians is a tizzy.

Yeah I wanted to buy Paxton Rall and I didn't see him so i'll save my GS tokens and wait for him to appear back. I have all the other companions. Bioware, can you please add Vailyn as a special GS companion?

Comps were removed due to a bug whilst they work on the issue.

https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/05102021/game-update-6.3a

• The purchase of all Companions from the Galactic Seasons vendor Jaleit Nall has been temporarily disabled with a hotfix deployed on April, 29th. While we investigate reports of Alliance Alerts not being granted when using the corresponding Holocommunicator, all Companions have been temporarily removed from Jaleit Nall's inventory to prevent players from experiencing this issue.

OK, rotation, BUT rotate before even reach 3rd token?

If you do every weekly and every daily so far till todaym you can get ONLY 3 tokens.

they are mocking us for 3rd time.

Edited by Kissakias

OK, rotation, BUT rotate before even reach 3rd token?

If you do every weekly and every daily so far till todaym you can get ONLY 3 tokens.

they are mocking us for 3rd time.

When will people come to understand that Galactic Seasons was introduced as a monetisation mechanic. That’s all it is. A new way for EAware to add micro transactions to the game like they do with mobile apps.

They want you to use Cartel coins to get ahead. That’s why they removed stuff to incentivise people to use CC’s next time to jump ahead so you don’t miss out. It’s really an ingenious strategy, if not a little underhanded as well.

It will rotate back. No need to get your midichlorians is a tizzy.

Just to reiterate, I have no problem with their decision to rotate the items in and out of the vendor list. Sure, it would be nice to have all the items available all the time, but I understand that they want to "prolong the experience" by doing it this way. I also don't have a problem with waiting for the jetpack to finally come back and to buy it with my stored tokens. I don't even have a problem with the added option to buy Season levels with Cartel Coins for the impatient players.

But I have a big problem when they announce a very shaky time frame for those changeovers, don't indicate which items are gonna be affected by it, don't even stick to that very time frame and do it earlier than announced and don't give you the chance to buy that item with the third token unless you bought it with Cartel Coins.

Edited by Phazonfreak

Just to reiterate, I have no problem with their decision to rotate the items in and out of the vendor list. Sure, it would be nice to have all the items available all the time, but I understand that they want to "prolong the experience" by doing it this way. I also don't have a problem with waiting for the jetpack to finally come back and to buy it with my stored tokens. I don't even have a problem with the added option to buy Season levels with Cartel Coins for the impatient players.

But I have a big problem when they announce a very shaky time frame for those changeovers, don't indicate which items are gonna be affected by it, don't even stick to that very time frame and do it earlier than announced and don't give you the chance to buy that item with the third token unless you bought it with Cartel Coins.

Galactic Seasons has been live for three weeks. GS tokens are awarded at levels 5, 8, and 24.

3 ( 8 + ( 3 * 2 * 7 ) + ( 12 * 2 ) ) = 222

222 / 8 = 27.75

If you has done everything since the start of the season you would have been at level 27 by Monday of this week, which means you would already have had three tokens and could have bought the jetpack. No need to spend Cartel Coins.

Not a single one of these claims about monetization schemes has held up under scrutiny.

The other thing to note from the announcement:

Using the Companion Dazh Ranos as an example, after being available for five weeks, she’ll then be unavailable for five weeks before appearing again.

Which means that the jetpack was up for three weeks, so will now be gone for three weeks, and then will return for three weeks. I suggest a little more patience and a little less getting worked up over trivial things. It is better for your health.

Not a single one of these claims about monetization schemes has held up under scrutiny.

Either they rotate out randomly and without a warning like this out of thoughtlessness, or by design. If it is latter, then of course it is all about monetization. " get em while you still can!"

Edited by Stradlin

Either they rotate out randomly and without a warning like this out of thoughtlesness, or by design. If it is latter, then of course it is all about monetization. " get em while you still can!"

"before appearing again"

Or just wait a few weeks because that thing you want will be back.

"before appearing again"

Or just wait a few weeks because that thing you want will be back.

"Hey if you dont wanna pay, just wait for few weeks" is where most vicious monetization of garbage like F2P mobile games kicks in too. That isn't even at the heart of matters here though: cycles happening out of the blue is just..ruthless. fwiw no horses of my own in this race, Makeb thing was the only thing I cared about this time around. Bought it few days back.

Edited by Stradlin

It's useful to keep in mind that it's just a jetpack we're talking about. Yeah, I agree it's a bit jankey the way things get rotated in and out, but then again, it is just a jetpack. Today you're upset about the HK-55 jetpack; tomorrow you'll be wanting a different (better looking) jetpack.😇