The Max credit limits for Guild Bank, Legacy Bank & Personal Inventory

TrixxieTriss

Personal inventory is limited by the 32-bit integer max value (2^32-1). Since that doesn't apply to the banks, BW most likely used a 8-Byte variable type, all of which can go so high, that we're very very unlikely to ever get to the max, but BW may have capped the amount to what fits into the UI.

Without UI-based limit, the max would be between 2^52 (4 million billions in a double precision float without rounding) and 2^64 (18 billion billions in a 64 bit integer) or even up to 2^1024 (308 zeroes, float with rounding above 2^52.)

Edited by Mubrak

The guild bank limit is the same as the personal limit.

Just tested it,

it's 4294967295, which is 150k or so over the personal limit ...lol

Can I borrow a few billion from some nice people so I can test the legacy bank ;)

Edited by DarkTergon

Character credit limit: 4,294,817,295.

Guild bank limit : 4,294,967,295.

The legacy bank soft limit: 100,000,000,000

The legacy bank hard limit: 104,294,817,294

Thanks Drew. Can I ask where you got the legacy bank info from? I’m assuming no one actually has that amount of credits “yet“ to personally test.

Thanks Drew. Can I ask where you got the legacy bank info from? I’m assuming no one actually has that amount of credits “yet“ to personally test.

I learned simply by trying to make a deposit and it would not accept anymore.

The trick around the soft limit is to be 1 credit below 100 billion and then you can pass the 100 billion up to the character limit. Since there is a character limit there is no way to pass the hard limit.

Edited by Drew_Braxton

I learned simply by trying to make a deposit and it would not accept anymore.

The trick around the soft limit is to be 1 credit below 100 billion and then you can pass the 100 billion up to the character limit. Since there is a character limit there is no way to pass the hard limit.

Thanks Drew.

Edit: thank you to the people who provided this data.

just to play devil's advocate for arguments sake, you are missing a variable here:

what is the escrow limit for F2P? :p

one would hope escrow + on hand = player limit... but not sure anyone ever really tested this

Edited by Kaveat

just to play devil's advocate for arguments sake, you are missing a variable here:

what is the escrow limit for F2P? :p

one would hope escrow + on hand = player limit... but not sure anyone ever really tested this

Sorry, I’m not sure what it is for F2P or Preferred. Maybe someone can advice and I’ll update the first post again.

• 5 months later...

I need help from those that max'd the legacy bank. I just maxed it and I need advice.

I had more fun than I thought amassing my wealth but now that my legacy bank is at the 100 billion cap and all my alts will eventually max out as well, what are my options if I want to continue to amass more wealth?

I could keep making alts and maxing their wealth but eventually I'll max my character limit and its only 4 bil I can put on each character. I could create a guild and have a guild bank but that would only give me another 4 bil.

What I really need is another 100 bil bank that I can work on filling up and the only thing I could think of is starting fresh on a new server or buying another monthly account. What are my options?

I need help from those that max'd the legacy bank. I just maxed it and I need advice.

I had more fun than I thought amassing my wealth but now that my legacy bank is at the 100 billion cap and all my alts will eventually max out as well, what are my options if I want to continue to amass more wealth?

I could keep making alts and maxing their wealth but eventually I'll max my character limit and its only 4 bil I can put on each character. I could create a guild and have a guild bank but that would only give me another 4 bil.

What I really need is another 100 bil bank that I can work on filling up and the only thing I could think of is starting fresh on a new server or buying another monthly account. What are my options?

Use multiple alts to open new personal guilds to give you guild banks. I think the character limit per server is still 100. So theoretically you could have 100 personal guild banks, 100 character banks and 1 legacy bank.

Alternatively, you could do a server character transfer and move some wealth to another server 😉

Thank you, Those are good options that I need to consider.

If I were to make a character transfer, am I right in thinking that the max wealth I can bring to the new server would be 4 billion that I carry on my character?

Thank you, Those are good options that I need to consider.

If I were to make a character transfer, am I right in thinking that the max wealth I can bring to the new server would be 4 billion that I carry on my character?

Yeah, it would be what ever the transfer character can personally carry

Welcome to the club! if you are on starforge send me mail at my noomo character and i will provide some options. I dont want to widely telegraph things and shoot myself in the foot if lots of people start doing them.

• 3 weeks later...

bit late but have you considered buying a bunch of high value items like say B&B dye and using those as credit "sinks"