Onslaught walker quests

Selout

I’ve never seen such a poorly executed vehicle quest chain as these walker quests in any RPG/MMO. Just awful combat and the end quest is the worst “boss” fight I’ve ever seen in 20+ years of gaming. The walkers are clunky, unresponsive and slow. Whoever thought this was fun needs to lookup the word fun for clarification. Horrid. Not sure I even want to complete this garbage quest chain. Takes all the fun out. Let me play my class not this crappy walker.

• 2 weeks later...
I’ve never seen such a poorly executed vehicle quest chain as these walker quests in any RPG/MMO. Just awful combat and the end quest is the worst “boss” fight I’ve ever seen in 20+ years of gaming. The walkers are clunky, unresponsive and slow. Whoever thought this was fun needs to lookup the word fun for clarification. Horrid. Not sure I even want to complete this garbage quest chain. Takes all the fun out. Let me play my class not this crappy walker.

Maybe you are thinking about The KOTET walkers. They were horrid. I hated those. I haven’t played Onslaught but from what I’ve heard there isn’t any in Onslaught.

Fairly certain (as others have said) Onslaught doesn't have walkers, and thank goodness for that.

However, KOTET had them, and so did Iokath. Holy piglets, Iokath. KOTET walker sections were pretty bad, but I'd say Iokath took the cake and smashed it into my face. There was that mission where you fight three (?) walkers in a small room. Maybe that's what you meant, OP?

I just completed KotET last night and as other said you may be thinking about the walker segments from that expansion. They were painful. I'm amazed that got through play-testing without being cut.

On release, some of the faults weren't there. To be sure, the walkers were clunky, couldn't strafe, etc. (just like today), but the general fighting difficulty was less ... stressful than today.

• 2 weeks later...