Can we please let Sage/sorcerer able to use double bladed saber as well?

Lyserus

^Unlike other classes, sage and sorcerer don't really have an issue with skill animation if we are allowed to equip double bladed or electro staff.

I would rather my sage and sorcerer weld an ancient staff instead of a saber that's never used in combat

Can we get this in 7.1? Pretty please?

^Unlike other classes, sage and sorcerer don't really have an issue with skill animation if we are allowed to equip double bladed or electro staff.

Well, except for the handful of sage/sorc abilities that wave the sabre around a bit, where they would wave it around like a one-blade sabre.

Well, except for the handful of sage/sorc abilities that wave the sabre around a bit, where they would wave it around like a one-blade sabre.

Except for the base attack (which, we don't really use it and can be replaced easily), I don't recall any skill animation that waves the saber in special ways (most of them are just holding the saber while moving hand)

Except for the base attack (which, we don't really use it and can be replaced easily), I don't recall any skill animation that waves the saber in special ways (most of them are just holding the saber while moving hand)

And without some work to put in a better animation, you'd hold the dualsabre the same way, usually near-vertical, which would look pretty stupid.

Theres no reason they can't do this I've held dualsabers on my sage with exploits over the years, looked great worked fine.

The problem is the current dev team wouldn't know what FUN is if it slapped them in the face.

Think about it, for the 10 yr anniversary we get this ****acular patch, you think they care about fun at all?

I would rather my sage and sorcerer weld an ancient staff instead of a saber that's never used in combat

Can we get this in 7.1? Pretty please?

Holy crap. NOOOO

1h Lightsaber is the most elegant.

I went Guardian/Sage to only use 1h

TERRIBLE IDEA

i like having the base attack as roleplay.

Do not assume everyone thinks like you... or speak for everyone

i like having the base attack as roleplay.

Do not assume everyone thinks like you... or speak for everyone

Curiously, the base attack ("Saber Strike"?) is the least problematic, since it actually has animations for one-blade and two-blade, since it's (historically) the same ability on Sagesorcs and Shadassins. The other Sagesorc-specific "use sabre" (above all) and "wave sabre while Forcecasting" abilities probably don't have two-blade animations, and putting the two-blade weapon into a one-blade animation would look ... weird.

It's fixable, but would require some work to add new animations. (Realistically, that's all it would require, once the stuff to enable Sagesorc to use two-blade was in place.)

I would be vehemently opposed to removing the basic attack with sorcerer.

For some of us, we head-canon our character as similar to Palpatine - adept at lightning and wielding a saber, even if they consider the saber "lesser".

Honestly, I'd prefer it if Assassin/Shadow could use a regular 1h saber, rather than being limited to only a double-bladed saber. At this point in the game though, there's no way they'd devote the time and resources to do such a thing.

Theres no reason they can't do this I've held dualsabers on my sage with exploits over the years, looked great worked fine.

The problem is the current dev team wouldn't know what FUN is if it slapped them in the face.

Think about it, for the 10 yr anniversary we get this ****acular patch, you think they care about fun at all?

The only person who needs a slap in the face is you for using an exploit. Just because it sounds cool, doesn't mean it is cool.