2 Months Since Galactic Season Companions Were Pulled

LordValnor

I think at this point it "feels" obvious that they won't bring them back till a later season. Makes no sense to now since most people probly spent tokens and would be all the more outraged if they brought them back after the fact. Edited by JYthelifesaver

What happened, exactly? I wasn't very active until GS started, so I might have missed something.

Something to the effect that after you bought the companion there were issues. Either the alert didn't trigger, the token you got to to gain the companion without an alert either wouldn't work or sometimes it wouldn't even show in your inventory. And also it wouldn't show that you collected it, and thus couldn't unlock in collectibles for your other characters.

Recently they said they were going to put them on some rotating schedule on the vendor sometime during this season. There are around 13 more weeks, but with the July holidays coming next week I really don't foresee them doing this, and will just put them all on the vendor at once.

The two persons left working on this game have to agree on who needs to take care of this.

This isn't Guild Wars (yet). When they all went to work on Guild Wars 2 there were no more new items for the Halloween event or the Wintersday (Christmas) event, they just made all the old ones available instead, and for Cantha New Year (Chinese New Year) all the celestial animal minis were made available instead of just the current yea'r's.. Most disappointing nothing happens on April Fools Day anymore. No more logging in to find your character has swapped gender or got shrunk down to mini pet size. I love GW1 my first online game. I hate GW2. I should thank Arena Net though for driving me here.

I have my tokens, came back to SWTOR to buy Shae Vizla, so no not everyone spent their Tokens, I paid real cash to get Shae quickly WEEKS ago and been sitting on my tokens since. A refund would work as well, as that is all I bought the tokens for was instant companion access...

To be fair to them.. its not quite 2 months yet, although it is over 7 weeks

The purchase of all Companions from the Galactic Seasons vendor Jaleit Nall has been temporarily disabled with a hotfix deployed on April, 29th. While we investigate reports of Alliance Alerts not being granted when using the corresponding Holocommunicator, all Companions have been temporarily removed from Jaleit Nall's inventory to prevent players from experiencing this issue.

I think at this point it "feels" obvious that they won't bring them back till a later season. Makes no sense to now since most people probly spent tokens and would be all the more outraged if they brought them back after the fact.

I'll be hanging on to my tokens till the very end of the Season...

The only danger is you're limited to 15 tokens so I'll have to spend some before next season, but even then it will be just enough to ensure I dont breach the threshold. The only reason I'm doing Galactic Seasons is for the companions.

Bioware have until the 6th July to release the patch with the companions added back in or their own schedule won’t work.

Season 1 End Date

Our current plan has always been for Season 1 to last 5 months. Given the Season 1 start date of April 27th, that would put the end date for Season 1 in the September time frame, however we acknowledge we never stated the official end point.

Season 1 will end on Tuesday, September 28 at 12:00PM GMT. This information will be available on the Galactic Season screen in an upcoming update.

To help make this a more predictable schedule, we will be simplifying and unifying the rotating cadence with Game Update 6.3.1 such that all rotations will occur once every week at 12:00AM GMT. This will line up more appropriately with Kai’s current rotation cadence, and we hope will help make her inventory more predictable.

Group A will remain active for 1 week, and then cycle out for 3 weeks. Group A will consist of the following rewards:

• HK-55 Jetpack
  • Lucky 77 Swoop
  • Makrin Creeper Seedling
  • Model Gravestone
  • Nico Okarr
  • Nico Okarr's Duster
  • Nico's Blaster
  • Propaganda: Fight For The Meatbags Replica
  • Tauntaun Ram
  • Title: The Illustrious

Group B will begin a week after Group A, remain active for 1 week, and then cycle out for 3 weeks. Group B will consist of the following rewards:

• Eternal Empire Patroller
  • Galactic Alliance Statue Replica
  • Gannifari
  • HK-55's Blaster Pistol
  • Kakkran Daggerstar
  • Model Zakuul Battlecruiser
  • Rapid Recon Walker
  • Shae Vizla
  • Title: Test Pilot
  • Title: The Intrepid

Group C will begin a week after Group B, remain active for 1 week, and then cycle out for 3 weeks. Group C will consist of the following rewards:

• Grand Statue of Revan Replica
  • HK-55 Helmet
  • HK-55's Sniper Rifle
  • JA-3 Subversive Battle Droid
  • Mini-Mogul NM-1
  • Model Mach 2
  • Paxton Rall
  • Title: Scourge of the Hutts
  • Umbaran Patrol Tauntaun

Group D will begin a week after Group C, remain active for 1 week, and then cycle out for 3 weeks. Group D will consist of the following rewards:

• Chiss Talon Interceptor
  • Dazh Ranos
  • Heliotropic Subteroth
  • HK-55's Vibrosword
  • JA-3 Speeder
  • K1-W4 Astromech Droid
  • Makeb Gazebo Replica
  • RE-1 Scout Droid
  • Title: The Risen

We want to thank you for your continued feedback. We are very actively gathering and using it to refine what Season 2 may look and feel like.

Based the info in the post. We will have 1 week out of 12 total to buy specific things from the vendor after 6.3.1 is patched in.

But I can see a very fast approaching problem. You’ve not released 6.3,1 yet and there are only 14 weeks left for your possible 12 weeks to rotate through these different items at the vendor. So if you don’t release it soon, you are going to have no margin for error or bugs, which has me worried.

As a backup to your plans, why not put everything on the vendor the last 4-6 weeks and not rotate it out again. That way anyone who misses a week between now and the end will still have a chance to get the item they want.

Bioware have until the 6th July to release the patch with the companions added back in or their own schedule won’t work.

Its a 4 week rotation. They could launch it on 3rd August and allow everyone two chances to pick up their chosen companions.

3 Aug 2021 - Group A (Nico Okarr)

10 Aug 2021 - Group B (Shae Vizla)

17 Aug 2021 - Group C (Paxton Rall)

24 Aug 2021 - Group D (Dazh Ranos)

31 Aug 2021 - Group A (Nico Okarr)

7 Sep 2021 - Group B (Shae Vizla)

14 Sep 2021 - Group C (Paxton Rall)

21 Sep 2021 - Group D (Dazh Ranos)

When they say "and then cycle out for 3 weeks" they mean that that group will return in 3 weeks time. During this time they offer the other groups. They don't have 3 fallow weeks where nothing is available !!

Edited by Whirlmeister

Yes 2 months its laughable.

How many people work on this game.Cant be much.

Im actually really mad at this point because i paid for the pass to get fast the companions i want. Now i would have done this in time because they are still not in the game.They advertise stuff and then take it out for such a long time...

Edited by KobraKing

Could be that this bug is harder to fix than we know.

But I agree that 2 months is a long time, and BW is silent on the matter, wich is not a good thing.

Some update would be greatly appreciated, but I doubt we'll hear anything until patch notes appear.

I think at this point it "feels" obvious that they won't bring them back till a later season. Makes no sense to now since most people probly spent tokens and would be all the more outraged if they brought them back after the fact.

Not everyone has spent their tokens already. The reason I, and I think some other players were excited for GS was for the companions being available again

It would be very disappointing if they just decide to shelve them to the next season

Not everyone has spent their tokens already. The reason I, and I think some other players were excited for GS was for the companions being available again

It would be very disappointing if they just decide to shelve them to the next season

Edit: Ninja'd by CommunityTeam!

From the dev tracker.

Hi ceryxp,

We are targeting 6.3.1 for next week. When we finalize details, we will share them. I've been reading your and others' feedback on announcing when patches will be launched. There is a lot that goes into the messaging surrounding when a patch goes live, so we take more care in the timing of posting that info. However, I also want to say that we will be more mindful of giving a general timeline when possible.

Secondly, regarding the vendors for Galactic Seasons:

Jaleit Nall will always be available regardless of the season being active or not. Her inventory will continually cycle through the same rotation as noted in the David's post. Once Group D is done, the rotation will cycle back to Group A.

Ki'at Thavo will have Season 1 items until Season 2 starts, then his Season 1 items will be removed and replaced with Season 2 items.

David's post will be updated to reflect this info.

Companions are slated to return with update 6.3.1. Update 6.3.1 is slated to be released next week. Jaleit's inventory, the vendor with the companions, will continue to be available after the end of the season.

Edited by ceryxp