Is Altuur the cheapest level 50 companion now?

I don't remember how much it cost buying low level gifts to level a companion to level 50 but, if you have unlocked Altuur and have gotten him to level 50, is he now the cheapest level 50 companion for the rest of your characters (with a one time 10 cartel coin unlock)?

If my math is right, you need the following to get him to level 50:

12 Legendary gifts @ 450,000 each

1 Prototype gift @ 250,000 each

That makes a total credit layout of 5,650,000 to get him to level 50.

I don't remember how much it cost buying low level gifts to level a companion to level 50 but, if you have unlocked Altuur and have gotten him to level 50, is he now the cheapest level 50 companion for the rest of your characters (with a one time 10 cartel coin unlock)?

for me.. i have found NO gift that increases his companion level.. also no mission.. no conversation bonus... no fighting... the ONLY thing i have found that will advance him is crafting... and of course the special gifts we get as prizes for galactic season...

at least that's my experience.. so i find him difficult to level.. only crafting works for me!

for me.. i have found NO gift that increases his companion level.. also no mission.. no conversation bonus... no fighting... the ONLY thing i have found that will advance him is crafting... and of course the special gifts we get as prizes for galactic season...

at least that's my experience.. so i find him difficult to level.. only crafting works for me!

Same here.

None of the regular gifts work. I was able to test that on Test Center.

There was a post that stated there were companion gifts that worked for him on fleet. I found the vendor, but no gifts that can be bought for credits.

Meh, the cheapest to level are the comps that have delicacies/maintenance as favorites or love, because you can use jawa scrap for that. I've always got much more scrap than I can use, whereas I'd rather save my creds and not use the few insta-50 tokens I have.

Same here.

None of the regular gifts work. I was able to test that on Test Center.

There was a post that stated there were companion gifts that worked for him on fleet. I found the vendor, but no gifts that can be bought for credits.

Once you level him to 50 on one character, Jaleit Nall will start selling his gifts for credits:

https://i.imgur.com/r1aB6La.jpg

Droids and creatures to 50 are cheaper because you can trade jawa bits for gifts for them. I vaguely recall that the price was about the same to level other comps to 50 if you actually buy the gifts from a vendor.

• 1 month later...

First, for any other companion, you need 477 legendary gifts @ 10k each, for a total of 4.77M credits. That is a lot of clicks, but cheaper than what you report for Altuur.

Second, you post this on May 1st, when GS barely started. How much Cartel Coins did you spent to unlock enough gifts from GS rewards to level Altuur to 50? Can you call this "cheap"?

First, for any other companion, you need 477 legendary gifts @ 10k each, for a total of 4.77M credits. That is a lot of clicks, but cheaper than what you report for Altuur.

Second, you post this on May 1st, when GS barely started. How much Cartel Coins did you spent to unlock enough gifts from GS rewards to level Altuur to 50? Can you call this "cheap"?

It could be she/he wanted to get enough to get the stronghold and then did some dailies as I did as I have already gotten max GS as I wanted the stronghold and I had cartel coins just sitting around for months as there was nothing I wanted from the shop to use them on so in my case it cost me no real money for the cartel coins, just to stay sub.

Hi. There is a way of reaching rank 50 with some companions, one that doesn't require spending credits. After lvl 75, when you start decomposing gear you don't need, you get jawa scraps. Save them and when you have many purple ones go to Cartel Bazaar and look for 3 Jawa npcs, one of them sells, among other things, companion gifts, two different sorts.

You can buy Delicacies and lv to 50 with them : Tanno Vik, Lana Beniko and Darth Hexid.

You can buy Armor Maintenance and lv to 50 : ship droids ( both Empire and Republic), HK 51, big droid from trooper class, little droid from Jedi Knight class and probably other droids too.

I hope you will find this useful.

It’s actually cheaper if you craft your own dark projects to buy the Commander's Compendium to level him up.

It’s actually cheaper if you craft your own dark projects to buy the Commander's Compendium to level him up.

Indeed as the cost of the compendium from the vendor is x3 dark projects plus 4.5million credits (iirc). Even with the Iokath Recombinators costing 260000 credits each & you need 3, the cost rises to 5,550,000 so still cheaper (assuming you make the invasion forces with mats you've gathered and bought the refined isotope stabilisers with blue quality jawa scrap which I do).

If your companions crit when making the Dark Projects you get extra/free ones. Since dark projects sell for anything between 500K-2million, you recoup any costs, making the vendor bought commander's compendium a much, much cheaper option. I have many many companions at influence 50 on my crafters so generally get double dark projects when I make them so I spend a lot of time at that compendium vendor.

I have many alts and keep making more; I lost the will to live feeding my companions gifts many, many years ago even thought it's cheaper than the compendium route 4,770,000. Ain't nobody got time...you know how it goes.

Edited by Sarova

Why would I spend any credits on him> Wont the gifts I get for doing GS take himt o 50? On a character I'm not using the gifts on I got him to level 6 (so far) by sending him on gathering missions. If I didn't have him I'd send somebody else, working on getting the gathering skills to 700.

Why would I spend any credits on him> Wont the gifts I get for doing GS take himt o 50? On a character I'm not using the gifts on I got him to level 6 (so far) by sending him on gathering missions. If I didn't have him I'd send somebody else, working on getting the gathering skills to 700.

Depends how many Alts you have ;)

Works good if you have characters that need to get skills on but if you are like me all my characters are maxed in gathering/crafting so....

Edited by casirabit