Your Goodbye Song

DarkTergon

We've seen a lot of people leave recently, and know others who's sub is running out. So inspired by a post in Willoughbian's thread, I'd like to see people who are leaving/unsubbing/letting their sub lapse, pick a song that describes how they feel, etc.

Only post if you sub is nearly up :)

EDIT: THis isn't meant to be a F*** Y** to BW, nor a complaint thread, or anything negative, just play a last song before you leave, like DM did,

Edited by DarkTergon

We've seen a lot of people leave recently

While the little white knight in me (obliquely akin to a shard of Voldemort residing in Harry Potter) sees this thread as possibly the most negative post on this forum ever, aside from MCB/BCM's thread several years ago, I'll just stick to my second, more analytical reaction.

I wouldn't conflate forum announcements about quitting with the overall player population quitting, most of whom never post on these forums.

It's equally misguided to assume that 1 poster here can be extrapolated as x number of players in the game.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I wouldn't conflate forum announcements about quitting with the overall player population quitting, most of whom never post on these forums.

It's equally misguided to assume that 1 poster here can be extrapolated as x number of players in the game.

You're reading things into Dark's post that aren't there. The only conflations and assumptions seem to be yours.

Edited by JediQuaker

Then perhaps he should clarify, as I most likely won't be the only one who read it the way I did.

That's simple. Dark was only talking about the people who say they are leaving. He in no way said anything about the game losing players, or this representing others leaving, or any such thing.

Of course, this just exemplifies the way in which public discourse is dying because people constantly read their own biases into what other people say. 😏

Edited by JediQuaker

I'm talking about DM's last post, which was from the incredible hulk, tv series, the tune where david walks away sadly.

(hopefully this video will play, it's an incredible song) {pun intended}

I thought it was an incredible way to say goodbye, the sadness that he's leaving, but also the hope that down the road, he finds his 'cure' .

Edited by DarkTergon

I'm talking about DM's last post, which was from the incredible hulk, tv series, the tune where david walks away sadly.

(hopefully this video will play, it's an incredible song) {pun intended}

I thought it was an incredible way to say goodbye, the sadness that he's leaving, but also the hope that down the road, he finds his 'cure' .

Honoring DM's feelings is fine, but creating a strip of flypaper of a thread that'll attract nothing but a one post after another of "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" references from angry people quitting would simply distract from DM's memory, I'd imagine, not to mention get everyone else down who still want to play who read a thread full of such posts.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Well, I am not leaving. In fact, my main account just re-upped for 180-days and my alt account is about to in a few days. That said, this is the only song that matters if you are leaving.

As the dolphins said as they were leaving the planet just before the Vogons destroyed it. So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Honoring DM's feelings is fine, but creating a strip of flypaper of a thread that'll attract nothing but a one post after another of "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" references from angry people quitting would simply distract from DM's memory, I'd imagine, not to mention get everyone else down who still want to play who read a thread full of such posts.

We might also just get as many nice posts as DM's, or funny ones. No one is forced to read these threads, And if they are going to get 'down' because of an off topic post, when there are far worse ones out there...well /shrug

Well, I am not leaving. In fact, my main account just re-upped for 180-days and my alt account is about to in a few days. That said, this is the only song that matters if you are leaving.

As the dolphins said as they were leaving the planet just before the Vogons destroyed it. So long, and thanks for all the fish.

good song, and quote :)

good song, and quote :)

That song was my anthem throughout much of my teen years. Funny that it came out the same year I was born. There are still times where I will lie in bed, put in the earbuds, crank it up to 11, and run that on repeat four or five times.

• 1 month later...

The fact you have people giving you a hard time for trying to express your discontentment in song form is... Accurate of just how negative and antagonistic SWTORs community is.

Having found 14, it does not have to be this way and I myself am only keeping a subscription for my gaming community's guild to have a safe non toxic environment on there. So my song choice...

Megadeth - Trust just bc of the first two lines really remind me of the projection from devs and then the results being usually the exact opposite.

"Lost in a dream nothing is what it seems

Searching my head for the words that you said"

There's just no end game, the community on average is self defeating & makes excuses for bad decisions, the devs aren't accountable for their mistakes, and while yes there's some things SWtor does better then others... Its just not enough. But I'd genuinely say its the trolls/devs who ruin the game more then anything. And its not like we've been impatient or unwilling with em.

So cue the drum riff and fade to black.

Edited by TheVoyant

Those times I waited for you seem so long ago.

I wanted you far too much to ever let you go.

You know you never got by, I feel it too.

And I guess I never could stand to lose.

It's just a pity to say goodbye to you.

Goodbye to you-ooh

Goodbye to you!

Edited by TonyTricicolo