why do i need slicing stuff to craft grade 11 attachment and some lightsaber hilts?

SithNalyx

why do i need slicing stuff to craft grade 11 attachment and some lightsaber hilts? when i dont even have slicing on my 75 character. should i just buy them in gtn?

It affects all crafting skills, not just Artifice, and it's done to make life complicated for us. You have a few different ways to deal with it:

* Train another character to do Slicing. Log in to that charcter to accept rewards and launch new gathering missions every time you play, even if you then just log out and log in to the character you really want to play. (For added materials, when it's time to stop playing for the day, do another cycle on the Slicing character to get more stuff.)

* Buy them from the Jawa vendors on the Fleet (in the Cartel Bazaar area). These cost what I call "Jawa Tokens" == scrap, junk, and assorted droid parts, the ones you get from deconstructing level 75 gear and from failed Grade 11 crew skill missions.

* Buy them, as you say, from other players, directly or via the GTN.

EDIT: should have said that you'll need to level the other character up in order to have enough companions and enough companion-sending allowance to make the process worth-while. If you have a free "start-at-high-level" token lying around, and you don't mind spending it, use it to create a Republic-side start-at-70 character who will have lots of companions available, drop one of the provided crew skills (click the little X by the name of the skill), and take Slicing.

Edited by SteveTheCynic