Bring back the old loot system in Ops

The old loot system was so much better than this really mentally imparied version that was recently pushed out. Needing and greeding was a clever way for groups to get or pass on items. I am sure the 1% of players that didnt like it are super happy but the rest of us are irritated.

The old loot system was so much better than this really mentally imparied version that was recently pushed out. Needing and greeding was a clever way for groups to get or pass on items. I am sure the 1% of players that didnt like it are super happy but the rest of us are irritated.

Yeah, because all those people who got (...)ed over by Master Loot trolls are so likely to want Master Loot back...

Devs could have removed master loot only, while keeping the the need and greed system until 7.0. But whatever.

I agree. The old system was better.

The other day I got a 3rd copy of some mount I already had. Under the old system I could have 'passed' and let someone else have it.

Uh no, you go into an ops , if you were a pickup you were screwed over, I was in a set group, and I remember our group if no one needed or wanted an item only then would the master looter let the person have an item other then that all other items and premiere craft items would go to the raid leader. This is way better.

Edited by Iceslasher

I actually came here to ask for that specific thing. The current loot system sucks. it has ruined all motivation to run Ops. I quit WoW and was excited to return to SWTOR to finish out my NiM ops that I had not cleared yet. Its now Master Mode and they demoted all of my NiM trophies to Veteran. That felt like a slap in the face but I decided to suck it up and go grab some Master Mode achievements. I began trying to figure out how to gear up and found that the gear was dropping by ILVL and found you can almost nearly completely gear without running FPs, Ops, Or PVP. I am dumbfounded by this change. It has completely killed end game. Final Fantasy may be the last place for MMORPG players to go. I am very sad to see this horrid loot system. I was looking forward to trying to convince my raid team to come back to SWTOR. It was so nice seeing my old characters and felt good playing them again. So frustrating...

Oh man, when i think back when people farmed EV NiM for gear and the group leader would changed to master loot shortly before final boss died, just to steal all the loot!

Pretty sure EV doesnt have NiM and I don't think a NiM guild would do something like that. They would be master loot from start to finish. Join a NiM guild and they will always have loot rules and make sure you're ok with them before you trial for the team.

Pretty sure EV doesnt have NiM and I don't think a NiM guild would do something like that. They would be master loot from start to finish. Join a NiM guild and they will always have loot rules and make sure you're ok with them before you trial for the team.

He said "when I think back". A long time ago EV and KP had a NiM.