Safes and Data Stations bugged

Fumouffu

Its not just splicing, its everything. My alt has 3 gathering (arch, scav, and bio), but all the nodes are not clickable... plus for some reason slicing nodes show up on the map.. making it even more annoying, especially when you go out of your way to get to the node.

The theory is that these glitched nodes are caused by people scanning them, but not fully looting them. It happens far too frequently for there to be so many inept people not looting the nodes. Hopefully with the next patch they will force the nodes to despawn after a certain amount of time.

Just been in the Works in Coruscant and only 4 of 17 Slicing Data Stations I found could be harvested. As these pretty much only ever give credit lockboxes I can't see how it is people not looting them fully. They are just plain bugged.

What a lot of people don't realize is if you try to auto loot a resource node by holding your auto loot button(shift, in my case) it won't actually autoloot the node and they may take off without realizing they didn't loot. Best to just right click on the node and let your companion do it since it will autoloot it to your inventory.

People...People. It's not like this game was made by a huge design company with a budget of millions and millions of dollars, ok?

There were obviously many, many shortcuts and design options that were put in to make it easier to program. Small companies often have to rush games out the door knowing they are not 'finished' because of budget constraints. If the game doesn't crash and burn in the first few months, they may be able to hire a few more people to track down these persistant bugs. Its not uncommon for known bugs not be fixed at launch because because they ran out of time or moneye, specially one made on a budget or with an understaffed design team.

Keep in mind that if we are patient with the game, they may be able to afford to staff up to a point where they can...

What? This game wasn't made by a small independent company? What's that? Budget of hundreds of millions of dollars? Really? Well.. Oh, that's how many people were involved in making this game? All those... wow

Umm... never mind.

• 10 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Holy **** give me $10k and repo access I'll fix it in 1 hour. Just start their respawn timer on "opened" event instead of "looted", done problem solved facepalm

There's apparently(1) a way to glitch them so that they have been harvested but the materials have not been taken, which is how they end up in this "not clickable" state. (In this state, the node must not respawn because it hasn't been taken, but nobody else can take it.)

Or so some people have said.

(1) I have a good idea what it is, but I shall not describe it on these forums, not even in private messages.