Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galactic Seasons Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ranadiel_Marius
04.05.2021 , 08:20 AM | #161
So three days of tracking my daily objectives and it seems that they have not changed. Next week I'll try being logged in during the day switch over and see if that works again since that seemed to work four days ago.

On a different note, I just noticed that in collections the Mythran armor entry does not have a x/7 counter like the Mythran Hunter Armor or Altuur's Superior Armor Set's 0/6 counter. Probably a sign that it needs to be tweaked in the back end so that it works properly.

DavidStaats
04.06.2021 , 11:48 AM | #162 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi all,

As we enter week 3 of PTS for Galactic Seasons, we wanted to take a moment and give you some information on some changes and updates we have made to Galactic Seasons. Let’s dive in!

Reward Track and Galactic Seasons XP
We have continued iterating on the Reward Track and Galactic Seasons screen. Here are some updates you should expect to see with the Reward Track and Galactic Seasons screen this week:
  • The Galactic Seasons experience bar should now correctly track your progress.
  • Tooltips are now enabled for the Reward Track.
  • Previewing is now available for rewards on the Reward Track.
  • Altuur’s Ornate weapons, the Albino and Arid Teithek, and Altuur’s Infiltrator customization previously found only on Ki’at Thavo, the Galactic Seasons Seasonal Rewards vendor, are now also available on the Subscriber Reward track.
  • Decorations granted through the Reward track will now grant 10 copies of themselves.
  • Each page of the Reward track now displays 5 Reward Levels.
  • The Login Rewards screen has been updated to reflect the opportunities to earn Galactic Season Points simply by logging into the game any 4 days of the week. This is available to all players regardless of their Subscription status, however Subscribers will earn more Galactic Season Points per week.
  • Galactic Season point values from Login Rewards have been changed. The new values are as follows:
    • Subscribers will earn 8 Galactic Season Points per week from Login Rewards (down from 12).
    • Free and Preferred players will earn 4 Galactic Season Points per week from Login Rewards (down from 8).

Priority Objectives
We are continuing to make adjustments to Priority Objectives based on feedback, both in terms of how to locate them as well as what their requirements are. Here are some updates you should expect to see with Priority Objectives this week:
  • Clicking on the Daily Priority Objectives and Weekly Priority Objectives portion of the Galactic Seasons screen will now correctly take you to your assigned Priority Objectives.
  • Priority Objective filtering should now be in place to only show you your active Priority Objectives which will earn you Galactic Season Points.
  • Priority Objectives will now display the number of Galactic Season Points you will earn for completing them in the rewards section of the description panel of each Priority Objective.
  • Priority Objectives have now been given a different background than standard Conquest Objectives to help differentiate them a little more on your list when viewing them in the Conquest Window.
  • Priority Objectives will now display as purple when being tracked to help differentiate them from Conquest Objectives or other tracked Achievements.

Priority Objective Refresh
You will now be able to Refresh Daily and/or Weekly Priority Objectives to remove ones you may not have desire to do and replace them with another option. Players will be allowed one Refresh per day for Daily Priority Objectives, and one Refresh per week for Weekly Priority Objectives.

When viewing your Priority Objectives in your Conquest list, there will be a “Refresh” option in the description panel for Objectives eligible for a Refresh. Activating this will remove the assigned Priority Objective and replace it with another.

There is a known issue with this first implementation. Please see the known issues section below.

Priority Objectives List
When Galactic Seasons goes live, players will be given Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives based around a section of the Galaxy. For PTS, we will cover the Coreward Worlds section of the Galaxy, which includes planets such as Alderaan, Balmorra, Corellia, Mek-Sha, and Onderon. Below is the list of all potential Priority Objectives available during this week of PTS. Note that while this list encompasses all potential Priority Objectives, this does not mean that all players will encounter all of these during any given week. Rather, this is the pool for which Priority Objectives are assigned to players from.

Daily Priority Objectives
  • Daily PO: Defeat Coreward World Enemies: Defeat non-player opponents across Alderaan, Balmorra, Corellia, Mek-Sha, or Onderon.
    • Requires 75 defeated enemies
  • Daily PO: Defeat Alderaan Insectoids: Defeat insectoids across Alderaan. Insectoids include: Geonosians, Killiks, Colicoids, Shaclaws
  • Daily PO: Defeat Balmorra Insectoids: Defeat insectoids across Balmorra. Insectoids include: Geonosians, Killiks, Colicoids, Shaclaws
  • Daily PO: Coreward Heroics: Complete [HEROIC] missions on either Alderaan, Balmorra, or Corellia.
    • Requires any 3 from either Alderaan, Balmorra, or Corellia
  • Daily PO: Black Hole Daily Missions: Complete [DAILY] Missions in the Black Hole.
    • Requires 6 Daily Missions
  • Daily PO: Onderon Daily Missions: Complete [DAILY] Missions on Onderon.
    • Requires 5 Daily Missions
  • Daily PO: Unranked Warzones: Compete in any Unranked Warzone match.
    • Requires 1 completed Unranked Warzone match
  • Daily PO: Galactic Starfighter: Complete any Starfighter match.
    • Requires 1 completed Galactic Starfighter match
  • Daily PO: Defeat Capital Enemies: Defeat non-player opponents across Coruscant or Dromund Kaas.
  • Daily PO: Defeat Home World Enemies: Defeat non-player opponents across Hutta, Korriban, Ord Mantell, or Tython.

Weekly Priority Objectives
  • Weekly PO: Coreward Flashpoints: Complete any of the following Flashpoints on Veteran difficulty mode through Group Finder: Assault on Tython, Depths of Manaan, Kuat Drive Yards, Red Reaper.
    • Requires any 3 completed Flashpoints
  • Weekly PO: Coreward Worlds Operations: Complete any of the following Operations on Story difficulty mode: Nature of Progress, Scum and Villainy, or Hive of the Mountain Queen.
    • Requires 1 completed Nature of Progress or Scum and Villainy, or 3 completed Hive of the Mountain Queen
  • Weekly PO: Unranked Warzones: Compete in Unranked Warzone matches.
    • Requires 3 completed Unranked Warzone matches
  • Weekly PO: Galactic Starfighter: Complete multiple Starfighter matches.
    • Requires 4 completed Galactic Starfighter matches

Known Issues
Below is a list of known issues for this week:
  • Deactivating your Vaiken Spacedock or Carrick Station Penthouse will prevent you from being able to reactivate them. Please do not deactivate them if you intend to participate in testing and/or providing feedback on them
  • New characters who unlock Altuur will have the intended version of him which includes a fix preventing him from equipping head gear. Currently unlocked and active versions of Altuur will not demonstrate this, and as such there may be some clipping issues if you attempt to place a helmet on him (specifically while using his Customizations).
  • The functionality for Daily Priority Objective Refresh is unintentionally only resetting if the account is logged in during our daily reset time (6AM CST/12PM GMT).

Questions For the Week
Here are a new set of questions for this week’s PTS!
  • Are you able to quickly locate your Priority Objectives and efficiently track them?
  • Do you feel like you have agency to make decisions regarding your Priority Objectives (which aspects of the Objectives to complete, being able to complete them with friends)?
  • When tracking multiple types of objectives, is it clear which ones are your Priority Objectives versus those which aren’t?
  • Are the Priority Objectives clear as to what needs to be done to complete them?
  • Is it clear how Priority Objectives contribute to the progression of Galactic Seasons?
  • What feedback, if any, do you have regarding the new Refresh feature on Priority Objectives?
  • Any additional feedback you may have regarding this latest update to Galactic Seasons is welcome!

Thank you all again for helping us shape Galactic Seasons!
David Staats | Systems Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Lakemine
04.06.2021 , 12:31 PM | #163
Question. Will there be any rewards for after we get to lv100? Like how in Destiny 2 after we reach lv100, every 5 levels you get a free eververse (lkinda like the Cartel Market) engram (basically a gamble loot box of random eververse items. some ships, speeders, dyes, currency, ghosts or armor/weapon skins)

So wondering if like every 5-10 levels after lv100 if we can get some extra galactic season tokens? or some other reward. Obviously not a lot and not every level, just something for the people who get to level 100 before the 5 months is up is all.
I love Star Wars.

Sarova
04.06.2021 , 12:39 PM | #164
(quote spoiler-tagged to reduce length of post)
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidStaats View Post
Spoiler
The changes look good. I'm currently patching the PTS and if all goes well will take a look later.
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - || Quinn Treats™
Darth Rivix as Permanent Companion & Romance Pls!
My Rishi

EHKodiak
04.06.2021 , 12:45 PM | #165
Are you able to quickly locate your Priority Objectives and efficiently track them? No, they are mixed in with the conquest objectives

Do you feel like you have agency to make decisions regarding your Priority Objectives (which aspects of the Objectives to complete, being able to complete them with friends)? I mean, I know what to do for them, but I don't feel like I have agency to make decisions regarding them - I either do them or not

When tracking multiple types of objectives, is it clear which ones are your Priority Objectives versus those which aren’t? My daily objectives aren't showing due to the bug you mentioned, only my weekly ones. It is still confusing having them in the conquest objectives list.

Are the Priority Objectives clear as to what needs to be done to complete them? I got Complete Story Operations in the Outer Rim, which says to either clear Nature of Progress OR Scum and Villainy OR Complete Hive of the Mountain Queen multiple times, but it does not tell me how many 'multiple' is. (I know it's 3 because that's what you've said in your post, but in game it doesn't say that!)

Is it clear how Priority Objectives contribute to the progression of Galactic Seasons? It is clear how many points they give, though 12 points for a weekly - I don't know how much 12 points is worth compared to the levels

What feedback, if any, do you have regarding the new Refresh feature on Priority Objectives?

Low res button for refresh, as many of the UI bits are. Very simple, it rerolls the objective. It's fine.

Any additional feedback:

When claiming the decorations (now they are 10 of them, hooray), they go into your inventory unstacked as the items cannot be stacked (so taking up 10 inventory slots!). Image here if its easier to show than tell https://imgur.com/a/n7zV0Jx

Some levels of the Galactic Seasons track are lit up, and there's no reason for it. In album levels 1 and 5 are lit up, then on next page level 10 is lit up. https://imgur.com/a/FNcp7zL

Missing lines seperating levels throughout Galactic Seasons now. See album above, between levels 6 and 7

Same feedback as last time really, low res UI graphics and not enough rewards spread throughout so very sparse. Needs more filler

Credit catch up for the final levels is looking like 9 billion. Personal inventory credit cap is 4.2 billion, so it's impossible to actually pay for these. May need toning down to cap at 4 billion instead. I completely agree it's a much needed credit sink though

casirabit
04.06.2021 , 12:57 PM | #166
Questions For the Week
Here are a new set of questions for this week’s PTS!
Are you able to quickly locate your Priority Objectives and efficiently track them?
I Can find the weekly ones but the daily is not on my list and if this is all you are going to do then I am just going to forget it. (1) No daily at all for me (2) The weeklies I would not do so this is not something I will do. Thank you very much for helping me make a decision.
https://imgur.com/gallery/gUaB5aI

Do you feel like you have agency to make decisions regarding your Priority Objectives (which aspects of the Objectives to complete, being able to complete them with friends)?
I frankly could care less what you think I should be playing. I hate PVP and there is nothing you could do to get me to play it. GSF the same. What is wrong with adding some of the weeklies like Black Hole, etc to the mixture that way people who don't do groups have a choice. Forcing a person to do something they don't like will never work. Most will not do it no matter how much you want them to. Some may try it but most will skip it and if it keeps coming up with things they don't like they could eventually leave and that will not do the game very well.

When tracking multiple types of objectives, is it clear which ones are your Priority Objectives versus those which aren’t?
Yes but again no dailies objectives for me for the second time in two weeks.

Are the Priority Objectives clear as to what needs to be done to complete them?
Yes, if you do the weeklies but again no daily for me.

Is it clear how Priority Objectives contribute to the progression of Galactic Seasons?
Yes though why I should care is another question.

What feedback, if any, do you have regarding the new Refresh feature on Priority Objectives?
Still gives me weekly instead of a daily which is of no use to me.

Any additional feedback you may have regarding this latest update to Galactic Seasons is welcome!
(1) Needs to make sure there are dailies instead of two blasted weeklies. (2) The weeklies I will not be doing unless my guild is on and in the mood to do the flashpoints. Pvp-No GSF-No Operation-Maybe
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing.

Saeten
04.06.2021 , 01:07 PM | #167
Daily PO: Lvl 18 char test gave Section X Daily. Was able to refresh, but it gave me Balmorra Insectoids that I can't travel to yet. Seems like level appropriate missions are not set properly.

Weekly PO:. Lvl 18 char test gave gave GSF and Unranked WZ, I did a refresh on GSF and it gave "Coreward Flashpoints". Assault on Tyhon, Depths of Manaan, Kuat Drive Yards and Red Reaper. Only one available is Kuat at level 18. Also not level appropriate for them. Should allow Story Mode as well. Athiss, Hammer and Kuat are the only ones in the Vet FP list. Solo Activity Finder tab shows The Esseles and Objective Meridian plus Heroic Missions: Coruscant. Need to remove Obj Meridian.

POs need to be reworked for level appropriateness.

Level 55 Catch up is near 200million to buy. Ouch!

Refresh is Legacy wide. Needs to change for level appropriateness.

POs need to be similar to personal conquest. There is a conflict between legacy wide and character specific objectives when trying to grant for different level ranges. Increase the points required to grant rewards and allow multiple characters to crank up points towards GS. There are no character specific POs, they are legacy only?
RIP referral code
If you ain't laughing, you ain't living - Carlos Mencia

Ranadiel_Marius
04.06.2021 , 01:15 PM | #168
Are you able to quickly locate your Priority Objectives and efficiently track them?
Yes

Do you feel like you have agency to make decisions regarding your Priority Objectives (which aspects of the Objectives to complete, being able to complete them with friends)?
Ehh not really. I would hardly say a single refresh is enough to give any sort of agency.

When tracking multiple types of objectives, is it clear which ones are your Priority Objectives versus those which aren’t?
Yes

Are the Priority Objectives clear as to what needs to be done to complete them?
Yes

Is it clear how Priority Objectives contribute to the progression of Galactic Seasons?
Yes

It works fine, but I honestly probably would just overlook it if it had gone live without any mention of it. Maybe add somethin informing people they have a refresh available in the Galactic Seasons menu?

Any additional feedback you may have regarding this latest update to Galactic Seasons is welcome!
  • The non-seasonal vendor still hasn't changed her wares despite the first post mentioning the non-seasonal items would change weekly
  • The Mythran armor set in collections doesn't appear to be properly set up as an armor set as it doesn't seem to register the individual pieces
  • The Mythran Hunter's Chestpiece is the reward of both levels 54 and 71 while the boots are not provided as a reward anywhere.
  • When I logged in today, I had the same weekly and daily POs that I had yesterday. So the randomization appears to not be properly occurring. My suspicion is that it is borked the same way as the Daily Priority Objective Refresh. I will try and do testing this week to confirm.
  • I think the decrease of points for the weekly log in was unnecessary.
  • Can't test whether the catch up system actually takes money now since my next level is 200 million and I only have 40 million. XD

Screaming_Ziva
04.06.2021 , 01:22 PM | #169
Catch-Up from level 55 to level 95 is 9,584,206,848 credits.

That's pretty steep (but it should be). I'll have to transfer a few more characters to try it out.
THIS is the Referral Link you are looking for.
Click for 7 days Free Access, 1 Free Server Transfer, and a Free Jumpstart or Preferred Bundle.

Screaming Ziva's Stronghold Tour

Screaming_Ziva
04.06.2021 , 01:37 PM | #170
Ok, I caught up to level 95 but there is an issue:

https://i.imgur.com/CNGiFOb.jpg

Many of the levels were marked claimed even though I didn't claim them (I never got the Legacy Title). This happened on all of the screens.

Seems like a pretty big issue if someone is going to catch-up with credits and then cannot claim the rewards.
THIS is the Referral Link you are looking for.
Click for 7 days Free Access, 1 Free Server Transfer, and a Free Jumpstart or Preferred Bundle.

Screaming Ziva's Stronghold Tour