Corellia's ending is the most disappointing part of the Empire story

Slowpokeking

At least it is the worst part of the planet storyline. Beside the last step of our class mission, on Corellia we rocked out the green Jedi, fought with awesome individuals like General Hesker. Darth Decimus is also a cool commander. The Empire also threw great effort in this battle, more than half of the Dark Council was involved, the head of the imperial guard was there to help, too. Each class got their own speech and receive the medal of honor. Everything seems perfect.

And then we were told that Corellia was lost, 3 council members got killed and we could do nothing but destroy everything valuable on this planet? We could do nothing but accept this end? It's really not fair.

Edited by Slowpokeking

I think my favourite part is the reason given - they're abandoning the core worlds because their supply lines can't support their forces there.

Well, it's good the Empire's military leadership learned their lessons in the last war, then.

Malgus' betrayal really hurt the Empire's supply line. If he didn't betray the Empire wouldn't need to send more forces on Ilum.

Malgus' betrayal really hurt the Empire's supply line. If he didn't betray the Empire wouldn't need to send more forces on Ilum.

I guess.

Still, the Empire losing Corellia didn't really surprise me if we assume that every class story happens, if not necessarily the planet stories. I mean

the Republic raids the Empire's field headquarters and captures/eliminates their top ground tactician, recovers a series of fortified positions described as being unassailable by any traditional force, exposes the Children of the Emperor and the First Son who was giving the Empire a significant advantage, destroys several Imperial ships in orbit around the planet and generally wrecks face.

The Empire disbands Imperial intelligence and generally engages in a bunch of petty power struggles. The best they manage - and this isn't even mandatory - is assassinate the Supreme Chancellor, which basically does the Republic military a favour.

Edited by Bleeters

I guess.

Still, the Empire losing Corellia didn't really surprise me if we assume that every class story happens, if not necessarily the planet stories. I mean

the Republic raids the Empire's field headquarters and captures/eliminates their top ground tactician, recovers a series of fortified positions described as being unassailable by any traditional force, exposes the Children of the Emperor and the First Son who was giving the Empire a significant advantage, destroys several Imperial ships in orbit around the planet and generally wrecks face.

The Empire disbands Imperial intelligence and generally engages in a bunch of petty power struggles. The best they manage - and this isn't even mandatory - is assassinate the Supreme Chancellor, which basically does the Republic military a favour.

The sith' powerplay really hurt this campaign.

Honestly if you play all the story lines (or at least one of each) you find out that the empire's planet quests take place first and then after the empire is done, the republic's planet quest comes into play. I've seen it like that on a few places, and here is another SPOILER DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT THE JEDI KNIGHT STORY RUINED, playing the knight you find out that the emperor wants to kill all life in the Galexy to fuel a ritual to make himself a god. My sith warrior is my main and is the one all other stories revolve around through my legacy. And if I found out that this was true, I would hunt down and kill the Emperor myself. So secretly in my headcanon my warrior knows the truth and while working to help the imperial army, he is not helping in places that will decimate the republic until he can find and destroy the Emperor.

Honestly if you play all the story lines (or at least one of each) you find out that the empire's planet quests take place first and then after the empire is done, the republic's planet quest comes into play. I've seen it like that on a few places, and here is another SPOILER DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT THE JEDI KNIGHT STORY RUINED, playing the knight you find out that the emperor wants to kill all life in the Galexy to fuel a ritual to make himself a god. My sith warrior is my main and is the one all other stories revolve around through my legacy. And if I found out that this was true, I would hunt down and kill the Emperor myself. So secretly in my headcanon my warrior knows the truth and while working to help the imperial army, he is not helping in places that will decimate the republic until he can find and destroy the Emperor.

Yes, Bio favor the republic more while the Empire got more players.

Poor Darth Lachris, why couldn't we have a chance to save her?

Edited by Slowpokeking

I did find it entirely appropriate that eventually, despite the thousands of years of effort by jedi, military and citizenry alike, the Republic is undone in a few years by moron politicians who apparently don't ever read the fine print.

I can hear my Trooper facepalming in her grave from here.

Edited by Bleeters

I did find it entirely appropriate that eventually, despite the thousands of years of effort by jedi, military and citizenry alike, the Republic is undone in a few years by moron politicians who apparently don't ever read the fine print.

I can hear my Trooper facepalming in her grave from here.

The Sith also spent 1000 years to overthrow the republic, especially Darth Plagueis was simply brilliant.

I love the Corellia ending. The Corellian politicians hand Corellia over to the Empire, but Corellia's people FIGHT BACK! It's a powerful message: Tyranny and oppression won't last if we are brave and fight together.

But seriously, the Empire was in the offensive for the entire war. They made some serious advances on Belsavis, and leiter they attack Corellia and Illum. I really hope that we will get a Republic counter attack soon, even if the Empire is able to repell the attack.

And remember, Corellia was handed to the Empire on a silver platter, because

the leading council member was a Child of the Emperor.

Without the council's betrayel, the Empire would never have taken Corellia in the first place.

Off topic: Spare Lachris? One death is to good for her. :wea_09:

I love the Corellia ending. The Corellian politicians hand Corellia over to the Empire, but Corellia's people FIGHT BACK! It's a powerful message: Tyranny and oppression won't last if we are brave and fight together.

Which, if you look at the Star Wars movie Prequels and original trilogy back-to-back, is actually one of the themes running through the entire series. Tyranny arises because of bad people abusing their power, and falls again because of the indomitable will of the people. Also Ewoks.

Actually, I thought it was brilliant that...

...as an Imperial player, you leave the Conqueror of Correllia, and then all of a sudden, you're told by the Black Hole quest-giver on Fleet that we've lost it, and we're pulling out. For me (and I love my Imp toons don't get me wrong), it was a stark example of why most of the Empire's wounds are self-inflicted. As someone already pointed out, what happened in-between was Sith Lords/Council members trying to destroy each other at the expense of the war effort, Imperial Intelligence is scuttled, Malgus catching everyone off guard by his betrayal, and the Jedi Knight doing "whatever it is that he does" to the Emperor.

If you look at all the story lines, it seems obvious to me that while it may have started with an advantage, the Empire ultimately got its @ss handed to it, which means there's no where to go but up for future updates. :)

Actually, I thought it was brilliant that...

...as an Imperial player, you leave the Conqueror of Correllia, and then all of a sudden, you're told by the Black Hole quest-giver on Fleet that we've lost it, and we're pulling out. For me (and I love my Imp toons don't get me wrong), it was a stark example of why most of the Empire's wounds are self-inflicted. As someone already pointed out, what happened in-between was Sith Lords/Council members trying to destroy each other at the expense of the war effort, Imperial Intelligence is scuttled, Malgus catching everyone off guard by his betrayal, and the Jedi Knight doing "whatever it is that he does" to the Emperor.

If you look at all the story lines, it seems obvious to me that while it may have started with an advantage, the Empire ultimately got its @ss handed to it, which means there's no where to go but up for future updates. :)

Sadly if the council members could work together and NOT disband the Intelligence, Corellia would be the Empire's. The Sith never learn their lesson.

During the agent storyline on corellia

keeper/watcher 2 tells you that 3 competing sith lords on the dark council have diverted troops and resources from the battlefield for their own personal power plays, and the pubs kill at least 3 major dark council members in the pub corellia storyline. It's disappointing, but I have no sympathy for the imps, they did this to themselves. Disbanding imperial intelligence? ***? Feuding sith lords? Sort out your petty squabbles on your own time. Malygus's betrayal diverting more troops to ilum? The icing on the cake.

But hey, during the bh storyline at least you get some comeuppance

you kill a jedi master who would have otherwise liberated corellia, due to his decades of military experience and his endless winning streak in battles, you also see darth tormen kill the corellian prime minister, and you also kidnap/kill the heads of the furballs on corellia, the head of corsec, who helped the resistance. So the bh definitely helps delay the inevitable republic victory.

Also you kill the supreme chancellor, nuff said, in orbit above corellia, whilst also killing his supreme guard and generally demoralizing the republic. Alternatively the supreme chancellor can live but will resign, either way, he's replaced with governer suresh, the hardass twilek from Taris, and she's leading the republic to be far more aggressive. So honestly, even with the bh your actions will end up hurting the empire as well.

During the agent storyline on corellia

keeper/watcher 2 tells you that 3 competing sith lords on the dark council have diverted troops and resources from the battlefield for their own personal power plays, and the pubs kill at least 3 major dark council members in the pub corellia storyline. It's disappointing, but I have no sympathy for the imps, they did this to themselves. Disbanding imperial intelligence? ***? Feuding sith lords? Sort out your petty squabbles on your own time. Malygus's betrayal diverting more troops to ilum? The icing on the cake.

But hey, during the bh storyline at least you get some comeuppance

you kill a jedi master who would have otherwise liberated corellia, due to his decades of military experience and his endless winning streak in battles, you also see darth tormen kill the corellian prime minister, and you also kidnap/kill the heads of the furballs on corellia, the head of corsec, who helped the resistance. So the bh definitely helps delay the inevitable republic victory.

Also you kill the supreme chancellor, nuff said, in orbit above corellia, whilst also killing his supreme guard and generally demoralizing the republic. Alternatively the supreme chancellor can live but will resign, either way, he's replaced with governer suresh, the hardass twilek from Taris, and she's leading the republic to be far more aggressive. So honestly, even with the bh your actions will end up hurting the empire as well.

I know, I went through all Empire classes, keeper was saying Vowrawn, Baras and Thanaton were powerplaying rather than fight the republic.

I know, I went through all Empire classes, keeper was saying Vowrawn, Baras and Thanaton were powerplaying rather than fight the republic.

Why I feel no pity for the imps in a nutshell ^

If anything the sith weaken the empire as a whole, not strengthen it.

To people mentioning end of act 3 storylines for empire.

Sith inquisitor becomes one of the most powerful sith on the dark council, even though she killed thanaton, it still got an incredible sith into power, which will help the war.

So far, we know that all dark side options are canon for empire classes (that MIGHT change) which means imperial intelligence didnt dissolve.... because im pretty sure dark side is handing it over to the sith, and becoming head of sith intelligence, like my beta IA did.....

Why I feel no pity for the imps in a nutshell ^

If anything the sith weaken the empire as a whole, not strengthen it.

Yeah, and it was the Intelligence who saved the Empire from Star Cabal even after they were disbanded. Many people dislike Darth Tormen but at least he was trying to strike the Republic rather than backstab other sith.

You're not winning a war by trying not to lose it.

Without succesful Corellia and Balmorra campains - Republic would lose. And now we've a draw. At the end of chapter 3, Republic is without War Trust (a.k.a. Strategic High Command) and their new toy, supreme chancellor, whole super weapon R&D department and everything they created. Balmorra is a mess, left to rot, witout former goverment, it engineers. Suresh position as a Supreme chancellor is weak becouse she lost Taris, that was to be a hope, a symbol that even this planet can be saved. Jedi Order is still taking hits. Master Din is dead, Kira's former master is incapacitated, and her condition can be seen on Corellia.

And on the other hand Sith infight are about to come to an end. Both Baras and Malgus are dead or exile. Darth Nox will fulfill the prophecy. Plus it's Republic that is fighting for life not Empire.

So for now i'm good and i'm waiting for a next chapter.

And sorry for my bad english it used to be better :p

I think the ending is fine... I mean come one don't delude yourself you knew when you chose empire you were choosing to be the "bad guy" and what happens to bad guys in fictional works in the end?

They take over the galaxy and kill all of the good guys?... Just kidding! :D