Bio says no to macros at Guild Summit.

Badlander

It was pretty much said that there will be no macros anytime soon if ever at the guild summit. It seems part of the Dev team hates macros and does not want them in game.

But, they did say there will be some things in game that will help healers and such. What that means who knows they did not explain it very well.

Which i think this is a good thing.

Edited by Badlander

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was pretty much said that there will be no macros anytime soon if ever at the guild summit. It seems part of the Dev team hates macros and does not want them in game.

But, they did say there will be some things in game that will help healers and such. What that means who knows they did not explain it very well.

they said no combat macros, not "no macros". i imagine we'll eventually see macros for emotes, readycheck, /say, etc... eventually

they said no combat macros, not "no macros". i imagine we'll eventually see macros for emotes, readycheck, /say, etc... eventually

Well no combat macros is pretty much what i was talking about. Sorry should have made it more clear :)

For the love of god what what do they have against macros.

-Combat macros makes combat easier

-When one group has easier combat and another doesn't (macro-users vs. non-macro-users), balancing content to work with both groups becomes impossible.

I think no macros is one of the few good things they did about SWTOR.

Macros are destructive, in many games there is a huge difference between what you can do with and without macros.

Run around owning everything by pushing a button to generate an automatic sequence of actions, that should not exist in games.

They did specifically address mouseover macros, and they are safe

Macros that include multiple combat ones are what I assume is not safe...

I'm cool with that. I basically only want mouseovers, random pet/mount ones, and emote related ones...

Edited by Alilynn

qft :)

No doubt - I have macros right now. I guess those of us with the "right" hardware will continue to enjoy an advantage. Doesn't seem fair... :D

I'm really starting to doubt that the BW team has any real "gamers" on it. Designing games and playing them are two entirely different things. In WoW the devs also play different classes - I wonder what James plays? I'm betting on Sorc... lol ;)

Edited by Rasstavad