Tacticals that need to be Removed

TmoneyTime

At this point, I think we should look into removing certain Tacticals from the game that are unfun to play against, or can never be balanced.

1: Defel Spliced Genes. Maras should not have more stealth and vanishes then sins and ops. The class doesn't need it to be competitive. If you removed it Fury would still be S tier right now.

2: Cut to pieces. Its a bad design that results in ability spam. Fanged God was already removed due to a similar issue albeit not nearly as abusive as Fanged God.(Re-work Carnage)

Also would like to See Juggs get some antifocus Tactical, I would suggest something like the Original Undying Rage, They loose all their health just like the original and take no damage Since they have ways to manipulate their health, They could essentially be immune to taking damage while healing to full.

At this point, I think we should look into removing certain Tacticals from the game that are unfun to play against, or can never be balanced.

1: Defel Spliced Genes. Maras should not have more stealth and vanishes then sins and ops. The class doesn't need it to be competitive. If you removed it Fury would still be S tier right now.

2: Cut to pieces. Its a bad design that results in ability spam. Fanged God was already removed due to a similar issue albeit not nearly as abusive as Fanged God.(Re-work Carnage)

Also would like to See Juggs get some antifocus Tactical, I would suggest something like the Original Undying Rage, They loose all their health just like the original and take no damage Since they have ways to manipulate their health, They could essentially be immune to taking damage while healing to full.

1) I would instead like to see a nerf to predation. 30%, predation doesn't need to be higher. I think that would fix the issue with Defel gameplay without being forced to remove the tactical entirely. Not to mention that this fixes a lot of dsync, fps, graphical stutter, and lag issues in the game... But at this point I'd settle for removing Defel Spliced Genes.

2) Can you be a little more specific? What gamemode do you see this getting abused?

In my opinion, they should bring back Grit Teeth and allow it only for dps juggs. Most dps juggs would run this anyways over cut to pieces. There are only a few gamemodes where cut to pieces can be abused imo.

There are a few tacticals that work similarly. For example, Neural Dart has similar issues where it can be abused by AP powertechs since they don't necessarily have a better tactical. If they removed power yield energy burst baseline, and brought back Powerlode tactical. AP PTs would be forced to no longer use Neural Dart. This way you could fix most abuse issues by incentivizing other tacticals.

Edited by septru

I don't agree with removing ctp because you have counters for that with AOE DR . If you're playing ranged and sitting in cleave you're playing ranged wrong. However i do agree that Defel is a stupid tactical and imo was a lazy remedy for the class. Juggs need a better dcds than saber ward or at least give it damage reduction and not absorption rating which is a meme within its self. Another thing is making Endure Pain a non timed dcd. Just make it like a mini med pack. Give both dps specs the 20% dr instead of just Vengeance. Or if they don't want to bother improving **** dcds just add more passive damage reduction to the class( atleast for rage, 10% dr on raging burst is a joke with the cd in between XD)

Edited by Xerekfell

Yeah people are always crying about the Cut to Pieces tactical, crying about how op it is while stacking around a veng jugg, even as ranged, like bruh...

The best part is when those people who cry about how overpowered ctp is and how thats the only reason juggs can do so much damage get called out to try it out for themselves, they end up with 6k dps (I have personally been seeing ranked players using it and ending up with only that much damage, some platinum players make it to 9k, and Im still here hitting 10k+ with arsenal, the single worst class for dps in the game, should arsenal be nerfed as well? lol).

I'm not trying to attack you, I just want to make it clear that ctp is not as simple to use as you think, yes it can pull some great numbers when the other team is stacked, or when you find ways of creating AoE situations (as you would with sorc or sniper dot spreading, by pushing targets into a cluster to AoE) however otherwise you're using a spec that does way less single target damage than Rage, so its a trade off.

What they CAN do, is lower the aoe radius of lethality operatives on their toxic haze, which would slightly balance out their massive dps output. Veng is fine. Just don't stack.

Edited by Crazykidddd

1) I would instead like to see a nerf to predation. 30%, predation doesn't need to be higher. I think that would fix the issue with Defel gameplay without being forced to remove the tactical entirely. Not to mention that this fixes a lot of dsync, fps, graphical stutter, and lag issues in the game... But at this point I'd settle for removing Defel Spliced Genes.

2) Can you be a little more specific? What gamemode do you see this getting abused?

In my opinion, they should bring back Grit Teeth and allow it only for dps juggs. Most dps juggs would run this anyways over cut to pieces. There are only a few gamemodes where cut to pieces can be abused imo.

There are a few tacticals that work similarly. For example, Neural Dart has similar issues where it can be abused by AP powertechs since they don't necessarily have a better tactical. If they removed power yield energy burst baseline, and brought back Powerlode tactical. AP PTs would be forced to no longer use Neural Dart. This way you could fix most abuse issues by incentivizing other tacticals.

Predation in no way needs to be reduced to 30%, for you do not gain root immunity from it like hydraulic over-rides like powertech (also melee class). It may be more reasonable to grant an option for them to morph pred to where it only increases speed by 30% but also grants root immunity for the duration.

However I think you are right: Spliced genes needs to be redesigned. Fury marauder is the only spec who can use it without suffering a tremendous damage loss inside of pvp where you will most likely use it. Still, both annihilation and carnage need some love in a PVP sense. Carnage needs its single target burst restored, and annihilation needs some better cleave capability.