Manaan Daily Area Feedback Thread

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Please offer any general feedback you have about the daily area here.

• For the heroic area, please let us know if the are feels correct for max level. It should not be too easy or too difficult. If it is, give details on your experience.
  • Was it difficult completing the Vital Intelligence and Deep Dead Drop missions? If so, please list why.

** Reiterating that for this phase of PTS, players MUST use a character that has completed the 7.0 story to play the Manaan Daily Area.

Thank you!

Edited by JackieKo

Cannot find a way to start this. and

Yes, all 3 of my characters on PTS have completed the entire story so?????

I was able to fly to Manaan and start it there, you start out on a shuttle platform and have to take an elevator down into a larger area where the mission terminal and rep vendor are. I was on an Imperial character at the time in case there's a difference between Republic and Empire.

I was able to fly to Manaan and start it there, you start out on a shuttle platform and have to take an elevator down into a larger area where the mission terminal and rep vendor are. I was on an Imperial character at the time in case there's a difference between Republic and Empire.

I have been all over Manaan and no elevator is there for either character. I only find the shuttle which takes me back to my ship and where the flashpoint is. I even went into the rope area and nothing there so not sure what is going on. I been on both sides.

I have been all over Manaan and no elevator is there for either character. I only find the shuttle which takes me back to my ship and where the flashpoint is. I even went into the rope area and nothing there so not sure what is going on. I been on both sides.

Are you in the Invasion Zone or the old Manaan area from pre-SoR? When you check Manaan on the galaxy map, it has a thing similar to Belsavis/Corellia where you can choose to go to the old pre-7.0 Manaan section or the new Invasion Zone. You have to be in the latter to access the dailies. It'd be smart of them to add a shuttle to the old Manaan area to take you to the Invasion Zone, especially since the SH drops you out in the old Manaan area.

On Republic side there's no taxi or other way to travel from the starting platform where you pick up the quests to any of the other platforms where you actually do them.

As a workaround you can kill yourself by jumping into the water. After that you'll respawn on one of the other platforms and unlock the quicktravel point there. This platform actually does have a taxi droid but it can't be used and there doesn't seem to be any way to get to the other platforms where the rest of the dailies have to be done.

Edit: After being able to actually download the patch from the launcher there are taxis now.

Edited by SilverChap

1. Okay found the entrance but consider putting another entrance on the main area and adding to the activity list for those that have finished the required story line.

2. Stop with the kickbacks already. Come on now.

3. When traveling underwater let us see the scenery.

4. Datapads should drop better especially on live.

Vital Intelligence

It took a bit to find the item we needed for this, not too long but not sure how it will work on live if you have more than one person looking for the item and searching in the same spot you are.

Heroics:

Note: I was doing this solo with a level 50 companion. Jedi Consular-Combat Style-Lightening Sorceress

Heroic 4-Tried but since it is a heroic 4 it a bit much for solo so serious doubt I will do it.

Heroic 2--Supply Justice

(1) Too many Npc in one spot- You many want to not have so many in the area, especially those that like to wander. I was able to do it but there may be some that will have trouble, especially those that wait for you to engage them and then run through the area, like cowards, while you are killing them.

(2) The fight at the end is okay, just a little drawn out especially with the droids, but doable, even solo, if you remember to get out of the way.

The other heroic 2

It can be done but it can take a bit of time. You will need to pay attention to the NPC and if possible stun one (either the medic or the highest NPC)

Edited by casirabit

I traveled to the Manaan Daily area on a character who had finished the Nul story line. I picked up all the dailies and weekly, but when I clicked the taxi, the taxi map came up but there were not transit points on the taxi map.

Update: When I restarted the game, later in the day, a new download started and once completed, that resolved the problem with the map. Now, I do not know why this occurred. Based on what I have read in Devtracker, apparently, not all players got a download to update the PTS.

Edited by Lars_Ariva
Updated

HOW TO GET TO MANAAN DAILY AREA

To access the Manaan Daily Area, follow the steps below:

Via the Galaxy Map, travel to the Manaan Invasion Zone

Near the base where you land, you should see a mission board next to the taxi stand. This will have all the available missions for you to try out

------

I've had multiple players confused about how to get to the new Manaan dailies (they didn't read the forums to find out it's not on normal Manaan) and another player who did get there say their imperial taxi had not destinations (strange, couldn't replicate).

ELEVATOR BUG -

- "This elevator is super broken. When you run towards it you can see the button but it disappears and starts moving when you run towards it LOL. You can still click it but it is invisible and moved way down. I think the other one is funky too." My team mates also experienced strangeness with this elevator.

HEROIC FEEDBACK - We had a team of 3 and a companion. All the heroics were quite easy no struggle at all (Republic side). We were amused by the selkath that could kill its friends.

OTHER DIFFICULTY - I don't think we ran into anything we didn't button-mash through. Nothing was too confusing that I could see (Republic side).

Did the daily area on Rep side today with a group of 3 players + 1 comp. The pacing seemed good, no difficult fight in there which is good, because daily areas will be done often so shouldn't be too difficult/tedious, in my opinion.

The only significant bug we encountered werer the elevators to the heroic area. The close you moved towards the elevator, the lower the button moved. So if you stood directly at the elevator, you couldn't use it because the button was below the floor and unclickable. You had to move some steps back and sort of guess where the button might be, then it worked.

Of course I have no idea about the story tie in, but so far everything looks fine to me. The quests themselves also don't seem to take too long by themselves, which again (imo) is a good thing for a daily area haha.

Imperial Merc heals...50 comp tank. Did everything with no issues, except of course the Heroic 4.

Heroic 4 is sort of a letlown. I get it that adds keep coming, but thats really the only mechanic. The main guy just interrupt and kill. 2 people and 2 comps was pretty simple.

The crafting NPCs in the invasion zone are pretty useless. No new schematics. How about new schematics at legend standing at least.

The armor sets are underwater diving suits pretty much, I guess.

If I do this rep when it goes live, it would be to pass off time. I'm not into decorating, but for those that do you will have quite a bit to decorate your Manaan strongholds.

1. Okay found the entrance but consider putting another entrance on the main area and adding to the activity list for those that have finished the required story line.

2. Stop with the kickbacks already. Come on now.

3. When traveling underwater let us see the scenery.

4. Datapads should drop better especially on live.

Vital Intelligence

It took a bit to find the item we needed for this, not too long but not sure how it will work on live if you have more than one person looking for the item and searching in the same spot you are.

Heroics:

Note: I was doing this solo with a level 50 companion. Jedi Consular-Combat Style-Lightening Sorceress

Heroic 4-Tried but since it is a heroic 4 it a bit much for solo so serious doubt I will do it.

Heroic 2--Supply Justice

(1) Too many Npc in one spot- You many want to not have so many in the area, especially those that like to wander. I was able to do it but there may be some that will have trouble, especially those that wait for you to engage them and then run through the area, like cowards, while you are killing them.

(2) The fight at the end is okay, just a little drawn out especially with the droids, but doable, even solo, if you remember to get out of the way.

The other heroic 2

It can be done but it can take a bit of time. You will need to pay attention to the NPC and if possible stun one (either the medic or the highest NPC)

For those like me that have the manann strongholds, there are some nice decorations for the stronghold so the only reason I do it is for that and of course I have to max out the reputations, but you do not have to do the heroics to get the dailies so if you don't feel like traveling all over then there is that option.

Three small glitches discovered:

1. The central island has no name on the taxi terminal map. When present in the area, it's called "Imperial Kolto Refinery," which can't be right, since that's the north-west island's name.

2. Mounts can't be used anywhere across the Manaan Invasion Zone. Disappointing, and hopefully a glitch. Dailies are usually supposed to be completely relatively quickly, right?

3. Funnily enough, the taxi submersibles travel BACKWORDS when traveled on. They also don't show our character in the pilot's seat. It's funny, but definitely not intended... right?

Three things that are great:

1. Wow, the environment is STUNNING. This is exactly what I wanted out of Manaan. Walking on the covered ocean floor is just great. I wanted to explore Manaan, and now I can. Well done. Very, very well done on environmental design. And it's not too dark! I was afraid it would be in the thunderstorms.

2. Reputation rewards are nice-looking. Lots of decorations. I like them. Understandably, will go great in the Manaan stronghold. Especially liked the outfit, will make for a unique Trooper costume.

3. I saw a Personal Phase entrance in the Republic base- so there will be a story here? That's incredible! I found the LOTS story to be a bit underwhelming, so I really like we have a second attempt at a story on Manaan. Looking forward to learning more about the Isolationist Selkath and the status of Manaan in the Republic.

And three questions about future Manaan content:

1. Will there ever be a Datacron on Manaan? Most new explorable planets come with one nowadays.

2. Will there ever be a World Boss or instanced Lair Boss on Manaan? Ziost and Ossus had Lairs, Mek-Sha had a World Boss, and Onderon had a full Operation. Personally, I was expecting an Order of Shasa Force-User.

3. Are virtually ALL the achievements for Manaan meant to be hidden? Maybe that's a glitch, I'm not sure.

Really looking forward to this daily area. Potential to be my favorite.

Edited by Anysao

Love the detail on the environment of the new daily area, as far as the quests themselves I didn't had issues with them (though I should mentioned I'm fully augmented in Supreme Decurion gear, Irating 326 with a rank 50 companion). Heroics were also doable, only heroic that was a tad boring was the heroic 4. Couldn't complete it as a dps so had to respec to tank, and it took a long time, though considering its a heroic 4 its probably to be expected to require at least another player if not a full group. I'd probably have found it fun if I was running it with someone else.

So I did the missions imp side and everything went fine except that I literally can't complete [Daily] Deep Trouble, it's asking me to slice into the Refining Platform Monitor and I have nothing on my map telling me where to go, nor did I saw any blue console or anything of the like while running around the whole area I'm in, the Ancient Selkath City. Other than that everything was good.

Edit: I went back to the transport and it's now telling me I need to go to another zone. And I do get the symbol in this zone. It's not super intuitive I must say.

Edited by LittleEwina

I did these last night on a 330 geared (not from the Mek Sha vendor I didn't know about until afterward but from the conquest gear vendor after I found a way to do it past the weekly cap on the currency - not a bug...many character transfers from lives with unopened crates) and augmented Arsenal Merc with a companion at influence level 50.

I didn't have any issue with the mobs. The golds took awhile...not "risky" but like they had a large amount of HP.

The only daily mission I didn't care for is the VITAL INTELLIGENCE / DEEP DEAD DROP MISSIONS.

That's a personal annoyance...scanning specific spots on the ground 3-4 times is just not fun and I tend to skip those missions. I'm going to echo what someone else, above, wrote...when that mission has many people scanning the same spots back to back the success rates need to be much higher. It's not a treasure hunt, it is a daily mission that shouldn't take longer than any of the others.

I also wonder about any players trying this is the 320 gear you can get when you hit level 80, with companions who aren't up to 50.

If 326 or 330 greens are meant to be the "base level" for this zone, you're going to have a lot of annoyed players who want to do it solo instead of grouped.

I did see one person say there were too many mobs, in general, and that would significantly slow down people playing that area. I have to confess I was looking for ways to skip the mobs rather than fight them. However, at least for the first several months, with as many players that will likely be there, and with shared tagging (still the BEST part of 7.0) I don't see the number of mobs being an issue for awhile.

Played as Merc - Arsenal, grabbed 330 gear + 286 mods from mek-sha. Rank 50 companion (zoom)

Hardest part was finding how to get there. Even after coming to forums here to look for help, took embarassingly long time to find.

So if anyone still struggling:

1) Go to your ship

2) Look at galaxy map and find Manaan

3) Then have to zoom in on the planet screen and select Invasion Zone.

I kept just trying to go to the galaxy map from Fleet and QT there; which only puts you in the regular manaan zone, not the invasion zone.

============================

Couple general things I noticed, might just be something with PTS in general, but it showed I am a legendary player, but only gave class buffs for merc (Hunter's Boon). So I suspect with full buffs everything will be a bit easier.

Like everyone else has pointed out, the no speeder issue and the disappearing elevator was annoying but manageable.

I noticed that the reputation items auto-turned in. Which is kiinda cool, but will also be annoying once you hit cap and can't stock them until the next week. Assuming this is just something specific to PTS but figured I'd mention it.

I was able to solo all the heroics, including the H4 with relative ease. However I suspect the H4 will not be soloable for melee classes due to the silly amount of adds. Was able to los them, zap the boss, run to healing thingers, rinse and repeat. Was under 100k HP a couple times and had to focus down mobs to save zoom a few times but otherwise was doable. I imagine anyone with a class that isn't mobile or doesn't have strong aoe will have more difficulty.

Seconding another player above that mentioned not liking the scan droid missions. RNG is awful and needs to go away forever.

Other things someone mentioned putting in some kind of railings so people don't yeet themselves into the death water would be a good idear. There were a few spots on the various peers where it was a bit dark and I could see some folks needlessly walking into the water.

I liked the maps, I liked that even without being a stealther it was possible to avoid large bits of mobs.

I think once this goes live, probably be able to finish it around the same amount of time to run Yavin dailies.

Otherwise, didn't notice any other things that weren't previously mentioned above.

Floor bug: There is a small gap in the floor in one part that I ran across, got stuck, tried to jump, and then vibrated downward until I slipped through into an unintentional enclosed room underneath, with no exit. Map: https://imgur.com/a/kG18AQP

The Impside H4 mobs are overtuned, making it soloable only by a few classes (tried with 330 gear + augs, i50 companion). This might be by intent, since H4s weren't really meant to be soloable, but if it's going to be required for the weekly, then it's a bit much.

The rest all seemed pretty balanced. Have not tried Repside yet.

Floor bug: There is a small gap in the floor in one part that I ran across, got stuck, tried to jump, and then vibrated downward until I slipped through into an unintentional enclosed room underneath, with no exit. Map: https://imgur.com/a/kG18AQP

The Impside H4 mobs are overtuned, making it soloable only by a few classes (tried with 330 gear + augs, i50 companion). This might be by intent, since H4s weren't really meant to be soloable, but if it's going to be required for the weekly, then it's a bit much.

The rest all seemed pretty balanced. Have not tried Repside yet.

It Doesn't seem to be that the heroics are actually required to complete the weekly from what I saw on the republic side so that might be a good thing.

With Deep Deep Drop, I was confused about how to find the Code Cylinder in the first place. The first time I did the mission, I didn't notice that I needed to kill some enemy to get it and thought the first step was the Seeker Droid. On the second attempt, I didn't understand what I needed to do to get the Code Cylinder and had fought my way all the way to the bottom without finding it. I'd recommend removing this component from the mission, make it something you find, or make it a guaranteed drop from enemies.

I was able to figure out that I was supposed to use the droid on the dig sites, but since there's only a chance of each one finding something, I could definitely see how that would lead to more confusion from players that don't understand how the seeker droid missions work. I'd recommend replacing the thumbnail in the mission log for that mission with a shot of the dig site. That is what was done for the seeker droid missions on Oricon and Makeb. I would also recommend removing the RNG nature or removing / altering dig sites (maybe take away the yellow holotape and make them look more damaged) once they've been consumed.

Why is there not a mission in the Ancient Civic Center at the bottom of the Ancient Selkath City near the Kolto puddle? I feel like you should fight more than a random elite Jedi in there (that should not have a horizon guard mask btw). At least have a lore object or something.

I also don't like that I have to go back up the ramp to collect the enriched kolto after messing with the machinery, but I do like the visual of the whole area. Would be nice if we could just pick it up down there.

I would like for the kolto enrichment mission to be the last one in the area, and you pick up the dead drop yellow tape seeker droid things as you fight your way down. Same thing with slicing the monitoring station. The whole area is super cool though, probably one of my favorites in the whole game.

The insignias take way too long to collect. If you want me to fight my way through, just tell me to kill x number of something or collecting those insignias should amount to something. Collecting them should also absolutely be guaranteed.

The submarine scanning animation is cool, but having to do an 8 second channel 4 times is ridiculous. Speed up the channel and please cut it down to only 3 so you don't have to waste more time figuring out which dock has 2 subs vs only 1.

The Heroics felt like any other heroics, though I would have liked more interesting mechanics on the champion bosses besides that they both spawn adds.

I have a couple of general gripes about the trash:

In general, more care should be taken with the groupings of trash so that they are more consistently all within a 5m, some 8m radius of each other. The only time enemies should be outside those radii are when they're Weak enemies. It's annoying when you can't use many of the solo content ability tree builds you guys worked so create and waiting for them to group up takes too long or doesn't happen.

Having 1-2 of the adds in a single group of trash inleap to you as a ranged is super annoying, especially with all ranged dps specs needing the enemies to stay in one spot to do their whole combo. This prevents players from being ranged because they either need to run in so the enemies stay grouped up or invalidates the solo build and ranged playstyle, and no, I'm not gonna run out of range for a single group of trash. It's fine for enemies to jump if all of the enemies in that trash mob jump, but otherwise, they should all stay put or at least wait like 6 seconds before leaping in. This is by far the largest factor that incentivizes me against playing ranged specs for solo content. It's just not worth the effort when I can skip the problem entirely by playing as a melee without any downsides.

1 - Reputation rewards are very nice but I find there are some things missing :

No mount : It could be nice to add a submersible for this reputation.

We already have the Mana-D5 Submersible so another new submersible could be nice as mount.

This one could do the job => https://imgur.com/EzxN74V.png

No droid in the decorations : It could be nice to have some droids for our strongholds and this reputation is perfect for that. We need more droids as decoration.

There are many droids in Manaan. One or two droids sould do the job.

Here is an example I have in my mind, this one would be perfect with another one => Selkath Droid Guard (with silver skin) https://i.imgur.com/H47GWiB.jpg

2 - A Datacron on Manaan with some stunts could be fun.

3 - Some hidden achievements for this area could be fun too. The Dantooine hidden achievements were very fun and I enjoyed them. The rewards for these hidden achievements were nice. I hope the same thing for the Manaan daily area.

4 - Mounts can't be used anywhere across the Manaan Invasion Zone. I think when we are outside we should be able to use them

5 - I don't know if it's possible but I would like to come back in the Imperial Kolto Refining Facility for the imperial side. This area were amazing and so beautiful. I really hope I could come back again in this area again for the daily missions.

6 - Add a shuttle to the old Manaan area to take us to the Invasion Zone (similar to Belsavis and Corellia areas) and vice versa.

7 - The areas are beautiful and nice (as always). As old player of KotOR, I really like coming back on Manaan and finally having a daily area for this planet.:t_smile:

Edited by orichichan

For Imperial UNWELCOME GUESTS and WHISPER CAMPAIGN I think the circles that show on the map where you are supposed to kill enemies are both very wrong. For WHISPER CAMPAIGN I found Code Cylinders outside the radius (more to the right side of the map). For the UNWELCOME GUESTS I was having really garbage luck within the little radius so I left and went to the left of the map and had much better luck finding Isolationist Insignia items.

Map 1 - https://swtorista.com/articles/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/code-cylindar.jpg

Map 2 - https://swtorista.com/articles/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/isolationist-insginia-1.jpg