Can we get clear info on Gear Achievements in 7.0?

merovejec

So at the moment we have gear achievements which you can complete by getting certain set-bonus gear sets from various sources. The hardest ones to obtain are the sets from NiM Dxun, which are dropped by random (not like before when you knew what drops from which boss). These sets you can also get from Kai but thats even more random.

During the last interview it was said that current set-bonuses will become useless which means that these achievements might be moved to 0 point achievements. In that case the farm at the moment is really pointless. So it would be really good to hear the Devs on this, how these achievements will be treated in 7.0!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if they tell us that they are removing the cheevos or setting them to 0 points who is going to murder Golden Fury for the next four months?

You want to tell me all those people are just after gear achievements? :) I hardly believe so.

During the last interview it was said that current set-bonuses will become useless which means that these achievements might be moved to 0 point achievements. In that case the farm at the moment is really pointless. So it would be really good to hear the Devs on this, how these achievements will be treated in 7.0!

..and here goes me, living is some "hope bubble" that the bonus sets will REMAIN the same, that we will only need to grind the mods, enhancements, etc for upgrading gear.

So, we have spent ALL that time to gather the BIS gear, just to throw it away within a year?

I am aware how it was going before, i am here for almost 10 years (oops!) but the set-bonus gear was lasting usually longer than a year....

That + the potential absurd with "loadouts" might be a game-stopper for me. I for once would wish to have all my chars geared to the max and left alone, so i can play them for the pleasure and not for hamsteren!

..and here goes me,

Not sure you understand. This isnt about specific set bonuses. For these set pieces Devs decided to actually add achievements! I dont care about the set bonuses specifically, what they do, but about the achievements you get for them. This hasnt been here before. Like imagine you would have Dread Master gear achievements, Obroan gear achievements etc.

This question really needs to be answered.

What should happen is they put all of the remaining sets on the Class vendors on fleet before 7.0 so we have time to finish off what set's we're missing for the achievements.

Well the problem is that there are already players who got 100% gear achievements. They have gotten it via raiding Dxun NiM and then buying off Kai, spending a ton fragments. I myself spent 300k to get one last item for sniper. I still have many sets remaining which means it will take millions of fragments.

If you would just put a vendor with the gear it would be unfair to those that already got it.

Not sure you understand. This isnt about specific set bonuses. For these set pieces Devs decided to actually add achievements! I dont care about the set bonuses specifically, what they do, but about the achievements you get for them. This hasnt been here before. Like imagine you would have Dread Master gear achievements, Obroan gear achievements etc.

ummm, yes, it seems i simply forgot to mention that part. Mostly because I barely noticed any achievement regarding gear sets. I vaguely remember some pop-up screens with "you have completed XYZ set" but since they disappeared after 3 seconds I did not care.

It does not seem those achievements grant the players with better gear of CC or anything of even virtual value so i just do not pay attention. If that's the only effect they imposed, i can perfectly live with that. I however understand that other players may feel opposite to me.

Well the problem is that there are already players who got 100% gear achievements. They have gotten it via raiding Dxun NiM and then buying off Kai, spending a ton fragments. I myself spent 300k to get one last item for sniper. I still have many sets remaining which means it will take millions of fragments.

If you would just put a vendor with the gear it would be unfair to those that already got it.

I know I've spent countless tech frags on Kai myself. In truth I lost count a long time ago, however since the gear will useless once the expansion comes out it's time to make them available other then Horrible RNG for those still attempting for the achievements.

Edited by Toraak

No achievement's "point value" should ever be changed to zero. There is no logical reason to assign point values and later remove them. If something happens and an achievement can no longer be obtained, so what? It doesn't mean the people that did obtain them all of a sudden didn't. Clearly they did. If new players are upset because their "point total" is less than a person that has played since launch, too bad. That should be expected.

If you want to view it as unfair then yeah it's unfair. Or you could just use it as an excuse to lord over your fellow players with your actual achievement and not the fake vendor trash ach that noone will care about.

ummm, yes, it seems i simply forgot to mention that part. Mostly because I barely noticed any achievement regarding gear sets. I vaguely remember some pop-up screens with "you have completed XYZ set" but since they disappeared after 3 seconds I did not care.

It does not seem those achievements grant the players with better gear of CC or anything of even virtual value so i just do not pay attention. If that's the only effect they imposed, i can perfectly live with that. I however understand that other players may feel opposite to me.

Yeah, for example before there have been gear achievements but the gear was special stuff which you really needed to focus on to get it. I mean ofc, some you got when you finished a few reputation purchases, but for some you actually needed a combination of currency to buy. So that achievement would pop just like that :)

I was fine with those, they had a login in that, but this..... this is different and a bit silly.

I know I've spent countless tech frags on Kai myself. In truth I lost count a long time ago, however since the gear will useless once the expansion comes out it's time to make them available other then Horrible RNG for those still attempting for the achievements.

Yup, but as I said, if they do that, what about the people that already farmed the fragments and NiM ops to do it?

No achievement's "point value" should ever be changed to zero. There is no logical reason to assign point values and later remove them. If something happens and an achievement can no longer be obtained, so what? It doesn't mean the people that did obtain them all of a sudden didn't. Clearly they did. If new players are upset because their "point total" is less than a person that has played since launch, too bad. That should be expected.

All the achievements should still be attainable. I mean there are a few bugged ones, there is a list by Randomno, but they should be all still available. Even the one that wasnt available for killing players with the party jawa was solved later on.

There have been achievements that were reduced to 0 like the Eternity Vault and KP NiM achievements or the Galactic Command rank achievements. Yes, that shouldnt be done, but Bioware is the king of the hill here so....

If you want to view it as unfair then yeah it's unfair. Or you could just use it as an excuse to lord over your fellow players with your actual achievement and not the fake vendor trash ach that noone will care about.

I do not want it to be unfair, but yes, I would love the option of simply buying it later on, but as I said, people already got it and it doesnt feel right to trick them this way.

Of course very few people care about this. The thread is meant for Dev attention rather than player attention.

All the achievements should still be attainable. I mean there are a few bugged ones, there is a list by Randomno, but they should be all still available. Even the one that wasnt available for killing players with the party jawa was solved later on.

There have been achievements that were reduced to 0 like the Eternity Vault and KP NiM achievements or the Galactic Command rank achievements. Yes, that shouldnt be done, but Bioware is the king of the hill here so....

Perhaps they should be but with new gear at level 80 and seeing how it was done with 6.0 I'm not holding my breath. Of course this time there are achievements to consider, so perhaps they'll throw you a bone and let there be a trader where you can buy the older gear for the new currency that will replace tech frags. Of course it will still be RNG, but hey.

All things considered, I think it'd be wise to not count on it and get going on those achievements.

Yup, but as I said, if they do that, what about the people that already farmed the fragments and NiM ops to do it?

I'd argue how fair is it to people putting in a real effort, and having horrible luck with the rng? that unfairness works both ways.

So, we have spent ALL that time to gather the BIS gear, just to throw it away within a year?!

This is such a unique occurrence, it never happens. Nobody ever experiences this.

This also isn't a parody of another song describing the situation:

..and here goes me, living is some "hope bubble" that the bonus sets will REMAIN the same, that we will only need to grind the mods, enhancements, etc for upgrading gear.

So, we have spent ALL that time to gather the BIS gear, just to throw it away within a year?

I am aware how it was going before, i am here for almost 10 years (oops!) but the set-bonus gear was lasting usually longer than a year....

That + the potential absurd with "loadouts" might be a game-stopper for me. I for once would wish to have all my chars geared to the max and left alone, so i can play them for the pleasure and not for hamsteren!

I agree with that. Since the set bonuses are tied to the shells, I dont see a reason to make them obsolete.

I would like to see new gear sets with the new update though, since some of the sets available today are not that impressive. I would support bringing back old retired sets even.

I am always going to support the "more toys" option, and whatever gives us More options is better IMO.

Maybe even remove the level restriction on all shells, so you can collect and use set bonuses while you are leveling alts. There are general set bonuses like victors set, that would be awesome for running around questing on an alt..

Edited by kirorx

Yeah, though 6.0 was a change where they made the old set bonuses obsolete and that sets the stage for them becoming obsolete again. But more importantly you may have to do the amplifiers all over again. Just think of how much it will cost you to do that. You could think that you'll just keep your crafters at 75 for example, but I'm sure they'll update the amplifiers as well.

Well it's a LOT easier to get the gear in 6.0 so in that sense if you spent a lot of time on it, that's kinda your own choice.

Well the original set bonuses were always the same, they did get updated regularly but that was applied retro-actively. What did change is that they were moved from the gear to the armorings early on. And with 6.0 they changed it back to the gear. That was a mistake in my view that they should fix with 7.0, but I feel that they might have completely different set bonuses in mind as it is. If not, it'll be the biggest uproar yet.

are you Dutch lol? The only MMO I know that hasn't raised their level cap and hasn't changed their BiS gear pretty much since the beginning is GW2. But SWTOR has a big problem in that there's not enough variation and not enough in game to collect and go for. The rewards for playing the game are just very poor.

So they need the gear grind to give people at least some goals. And that to me is the real problem. And no, beating FP bosses 50 times is not something to go for. Especially when it's not rewarding enough. I mean what do achievement points get you? There's not even a track with special rewards associated with it.

You forgot the biggest grind fest: The Dark vs Light event some years ago, where we had to play through all content again. It was a lot cheevo points and a lot of effort to complete it, but they were also just reduced to 0 later. So yeah, they have done it multiple times in the past.

I'd argue how fair is it to people putting in a real effort, and having horrible luck with the rng? that unfairness works both ways.

This is true, the frustration with the RNG is just incredible. Yet, I am still surprised that it somehow works. For the past few months I have been farming like 50k fragments a week and trying to get the last piece for a sniper set. It was interesting that i wasnt getting any unique set bonus pieces, just the general pieces and tacticals so as if the system knew what i was after.