Battle Scout Challenge - Contest / prizes (Not open to Aces or veteran Scout pilots)

Battle Scout Challenge Contest

The idea is to encourage people to advance their skill by flying the ship with the highest skill ceiling in the game. So to that end the contest is not open to anyone who can already fly the T2S to a reasonably high standard. You must be someone who currently only flies Gunship or Strikes, or struggles in Scouts. So, Yui, Invis, Vilgrim, Jhingo, Roland, and many others, you know who you are, sorry, this is not open for existing Aces or strong Scout veterans.

RULES

1. Contestants must play Tier 2 Scout (Flashfire / Sting) Or Cartel variant (Skybolt / Ocula)

2. Weapons must be BLC and Rocket Pods (no clusters) - rest of the build is up to you.

3. Game cannot be a stomp. Wins in excess of 1000-750 or 50-35 will be excluded from the contest.

4. Domination and Team Death Match both allowed.

5. Contestants must use their main toon, or one that is known to be them, and can be verified with a legacy check.

The Contest will run until the June 30th 2021. This gives you plenty of time to get practicing. To submit an entry take an end match screenshot and a Performance tab screen shot from the same game, and post them here. Do not spam the thread. Your first screenshot submitted will be taken as your final entry, so probably a good idea to hold onto your best screenshot until June 30th.

PRIZES

1st place. Any item/s up to the value of 1400cc from the Cartel Market. (you will be gifted the coins via a code), or tell me what you want to buy and I will buy it and send it to you.

2nd place. 100 mil credits.

3rd place. 50 mil credits.

How the winners will be chosen

Ideally in this ship you should be playing objectives (<5m from a node) but without video submissions that is an impossible pre-requisite. And the objective of the contest is to get people to mechanically fly the ship. So to that end, the winner will be the person with the most kills. 2nd and 3rd accordingly. I debated basing it on accuracy and damage, but at the end of the day, in this ship, kills matter. Accuracy leads to damage, damage leads to kills.

While the final decision will be mine, I will be in consultation with several other Ace level pilots to judge this. So if you try to fudge this by playing GS then switching to Scout for the final minute, or any other way, the chances are we will be able to tell. It's too much to require video submissions, and not everyone has a PC capable of recording without compromising game play. So if we even suspect you are cheating your way into the win, we will remove you from the contest. In the extreme and unlikely event that we aren't sure whether a prize worthy submission is genuine, you will be asked to participate in a private 1v1 match where your Scout abilities can be evaluated as worthy of the screenshot submission you entered. In short, don't try to cheat it.

Edited by Ttoilleekul

While the final decision will be mine, I will be in consultation with several other Ace level pilots to judge this. So if you try to fudge this by playing GS then switching to Scout for the final minute, or any other way, the chances are we will be able to tell. It's too much to require video submissions, and not everyone has a PC capable of recording without compromising game play. So if we even suspect you are cheating your way into the win, we will remove you from the contest. In the extreme and unlikely event that we aren't sure whether a prize worthy submission is genuine, you will be asked to participate in a private 1v1 match where your Scout abilities can be evaluated as worthy of the screenshot submission you entered. In short, don't try to cheat it.

This is a noble thought, but I’m highly doubtful that you can actually adjudicate this. Do you know every single alt of those ace pilots you mentioned? How can you tell that someone used a T2 scout just from the scoreboard alone? What if the winner submits a screenshot from a game full of newbie/far less skilled pilots? There are just so many variables that make it really hard to do this without video.

This is a noble thought, but I’m highly doubtful that you can actually adjudicate this. Do you know every single alt of those ace pilots you mentioned? How can you tell that someone used a T2 scout just from the scoreboard alone? What if the winner submits a screenshot from a game full of newbie/far less skilled pilots? There are just so many variables that make it really hard to do this without video.

Do you know every single alt of those ace pilots you mentioned?

Legacy check means an existing Ace cannot play on any of his toons, known or not, because you just legacy check them and the legacy will be revealed. So let's say "Ace X" decides to create an entirely new legacy so that he cannot be tracked, then dumbs down his performance just enough to win, without looking like an Ace. I don't mind telling you I have Invis, Krubbs and Vilgrim helping me adjudicate this. This is when we pull said person in for a private game, to asses them. Assuming here that we cannot verify said person's legacy against a known "Scout noob legacy. "I do not believe that an Ace can fudge his own performance well enough in a private 1v1 to look like a noob. No Scout noob would stand a chance against any of us 4 even if they won the contest. So in the private game he has to make sure he loses. I think that will show. It will be obvious that he is trying to play badly. You can tell the difference between an honest noob doing his best, and an Ace dumbing himself down. There are things to look for. Particularly with three other excellent Scout pilots carefully watching his every move. Unless all four of us are convinced its an honest pilot, he is removed from the competition. Its such a fine line to balance for the Ace faker, that I don't think you can successfully pull the wool over the eyes of the amount of experience we have among myself, and the other three. We will spot a faker. What's more, we will out the faker.

How can you tell that someone used a T2 scout just from the scoreboard alone?

Srria solved the issue of knowing if they played Scout the whole match. The performance tab tells you they did. So we need a Performance tab screenshot from the same game to go along with the end match screen shot.

What if the winner submits a screenshot from a game full of newbie/far less skilled pilots? - This is why stomps are not allowed. The game has to have a degree of balance. As stated in the rules, no wins in excess of 1000-750 or 50-35 will cover this scenario.

Edited by Ttoilleekul

This sounds like lots of fun! Nice roadsign for a pilot moving from new to "experienced!" to look into once there's some hair on chest. It is a shame demanding videos is idd just too much..They'd be interesting and useful to watch for one.

Even so, it is kinda hard to imagine anybody bothering with some elaborate loopholes to somehow "scam" in this.

Hopefully you get lots of contributions. I have a guildie who is already hard at work at least. Since the very same guildie is perhaps the only person in the world combining burlesque imp fleet scenes and GSF matches into movies, I bet you get some videos from him at least!

Edited by Stradlin

This sounds like lots of fun! Nice roadsign for a pilot moving from new to "experienced!" to look into once there's some hair on chest. It is a shame demanding videos is idd just too much..They'd be interesting and useful to watch for one.

Even so, it is kinda hard to imagine anybody bothering with some elaborate loopholes to somehow "scam" in this.

Hopefully you get lots of contributions. I have a guildie who is already hard at work at least. Since the very same guildie is perhaps the only person in the world combining burlesque imp fleet scenes and GSF matches into movies, I bet you get some videos from him at least!

LOL. Good to know Pan is stepping up to try!:D At the very least he will see himself improve a lot from the effort . Which is the whole objective. For once you get a love for Battle Scouts, anything else just seems not as much fun.

Quick question: I know the rules state Sting/Flashfire specifically, but are the cartel market equivalent scouts also allowed?

Yes, Skybolt / Ocula are allowed. They are identical in every way, no reason to ban them. Still a Tier 2 Scout. I'll amend the rules to show this.

• 2 weeks later...
For conduct unbecoming of the established GSF community, and for insulting and offending multiple veteran members of the GSF community, Pan is hereby banned from entering this competition. By collusion, the ban also extends to Alma and Babylon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I guess I'll get the ball rolling. This was a fun match, and a lot of my kills in this one came from a very stubborn T1 Scout pilot who didn't get the hint that he might have been trying to punch outside of his weight class, lol.

https://imgur.com/a/MYrUlbf

Reply to my private message anyway, but this submission is not valid based on the team scores. So as to exclude one-sided matches, scorelines in excess of 1000-750 for a Domination are not allowed.

Noted. I always forget about private messages, lol. Could I make another submission? I took a bunch of screenshots deform different matches in case something like that happened.

Of course by all means submit another one.

Please reply to my private mail, or contact me on discord. Still need to speak to you.

Edited by Ttoilleekul

Of course by all means submit another one.

Please reply to my private mail, or contact me on discord. Still need to speak to you.

Okay, I've replied to your message. Here's a screenshot from another domination match where the score was a lot closer. The match actually ended because of time instead of the score, which meant I had the entire match to rack up kills. I honestly hope the numbers are too ridiculous, lol.

https://imgur.com/a/PtGAFaS