Buying old Sub Companions does not allow you to unlock said Companions

HamadKyron

Bought Nico from the Galactic Seasons vendor, but the box does not unlock the mission Mixological Profiling, and you are unable to use the Holocommunicator if you are already past KotFE Chapter 9, which means characters are completely unable to access the character they paid for. I'm pretty sure I mentioned this as an issue that could come up while they were testing, but it seems I was ignored, because I cannot access Nico Okarr on any of my important characters as of now. Having the purchase of the character not unlock their mission is beyond weird, this is the first thing that should have been tested when letting people unlock the sub companions. Edited by HamadKyron

Most of us are aware that the formerly exclusive companion Nico Okarr is now purchasable from the Galactic Seasons Vendor on the fleet for 5 tokens. I went ahead and paid enough money in cartel coins to advance all the way to Galactic Season lvl 42 so I could get 5 tokens to purchase the Nico Okarr item box. When I right-clicked the box, I received the holo-communicator in the mail, but the subject on the message read "This character has been deleted." Sure enough when I right-clicked the holo-communicator I received, it said I would need to complete the Alliance Alert "Mixological Profiling" which I recall is the mission to recruit him. However when I clicked "accept," the communicator simply disappeared but the Alliance Alert didn't pop up in my companions menu and neither did Nico Okarr himself. I am aware that I already completed KOTFE chapter 9 but I assumed this wouldn't be an issue since it's a bonus mission. Did I miss something or is this a genuine bug?

Absolutely same bug happens with item for new companion: Altuur zok Adon. I unlocked him in Collections for all my characters, then click on "box" icon, received mail with orbate kubaz box. But this mail was from "Character has been deleted" and i cant get ornate box from this mail.

• Dev Post

Hi folks,

Thanks for the report regarding Niko Okarr's Alliance Alert and unlock.

I've transferred the information provided to our team who is currently looking into it. I'll update you when I have more information.

To give visibility to this bug, I'll add it to the known issues list: Game Update 6.3 - Known Issues.

Edited by CommunityTeam

The issue isn't the Holocommunicator itself, that's not a bug. The issue is that we don't have access to Nico's Alliance alert even after using the Nico Okarr box. Even if you let characters use the holocommunicator after KotFE Ch. 9, that doesn't fix the fact that it's not granting us access to his alliance alert like it should be. Edited by HamadKyron

• Dev Post

Hi folks,

We're aware of an issue that players are experiencing with Nico Okarr’s Alliance Alert not being granted when using the Encrypted Holocommunicator. To prevent this issue from affecting more players, we have temporarily disabled the purchase of all Companions from the Galactic Seasons vendor Jaleit Nall and we will be removing them from this vendor in our next patch. The Companions will return to the vendor in a future patch during Season 1 once we have resolved the Alert granting issue.

Players who try to purchase Niko Okarr or future Companions’ Encrypted Lockbox will encounter the following error message:

• "You do not meet the requirements to purchase this item."

We are currently working on a fix for this, we will update this thread when we have more information.

Thank you for your patience.

Edited by CommunityTeam

My solution to solve the unfairness of players missing out of the companions is to rerelease all of the companions lockbox at the same time so that players don't get screwed over by rng when the bug has been fix for about 3 to 5 weeks Edited by emperorruby

My solution to solve the unfairness of players missing out of the companions is to rerelease all of the companions lockbox at the same time so that players don't get screwed over by rng when the bug has been fix for about 3 to 5 weeks

I would like to second this motion. I’ve only been playing for a short time, but I’m hardcore into the game, and it has bummed me out from the start that I have missed out on these great companions. Honestly, I’m not really even all that into the Galactic Seasons thing, but I am pretty excited about it giving me the chance to get the missed companions.

I would like to second this motion. I’ve only been playing for a short time, but I’m hardcore into the game, and it has bummed me out from the start that I have missed out on these great companions. Honestly, I’m not really even all that into the Galactic Seasons thing, but I am pretty excited about it giving me the chance to get the missed companions.

Agreed on all counts! I am really looking forward to Master Rhanos, Nico, et al., and that's the entire reason I was planning to fork over the 10k CC to skip to level 100 each time. I'm all about the instant gratification! Anyway, really hoping this gets fixed soon so my sage and shadow can both run alongside Nico!

Agreed on all counts! I am really looking forward to Master Rhanos, Nico, et al., and that's the entire reason I was planning to fork over the 10k CC to skip to level 100 each time. I'm all about the instant gratification! Anyway, really hoping this gets fixed soon so my sage and shadow can both run alongside Nico!

I was planning to buy 14500 cartel coins to get Nico Okarr and Master Ranos as i already have Shae Vizla and Paxton Rall but now i cant because of this bug

I hope the issue will be fixed by the time Ranos will be for sale at the vendor at least.. I have everyone but her, and she's the reason I got so excited over galactic seasons in the first place

So excited about master Ranos, I missed out on her and her alone cause I ended up in the hospital thanks to my stupid Crohn's Disease... Should be able to get 6 coins in 4-5 weeks, so hopefully it's fixed by then!

Hi folks,

We're aware of an issue that players are experiencing with Nico Okarr’s Alliance Alert not being granted when using the Encrypted Holocommunicator. To prevent this issue from affecting more players, we have temporarily disabled the purchase of all Companions from the Galactic Seasons vendor Jaleit Nall and we will be removing them from this vendor in our next patch. The Companions will return to the vendor in a future patch during Season 1 once we have resolved the Alert granting issue.

Players who try to purchase Niko Okarr or future Companions’ Encrypted Lockbox will encounter the following error message:

We are currently working on a fix for this, we will update this thread when we have more information.

Thanks for adding it to the list, glad to know it's being looked into :)

Edited by Enskojare

Hi folks,

Thanks for the report regarding Niko Okarr's Alliance Alert and unlock.

I've transferred the information provided to our team who is currently looking into it. I'll update you when I have more information.

To give visibility to this bug, I'll add it to the known issues list: Game Update 6.3 - Known Issues.

Jackie any update on this??? A lot of us are looking forward to buying some of the old companions with our GS tokens.

Hi folks,

Its been a month now, any update?

Everyone who's grinded through every objective since day one just earned their fifth token. I still need Niko & Master Ranos.

As much as I want those Fleet Apartments, I'd rather get these two companions.

I know most of these companions become irrelevant once they are unlocked, as you rarely ever see someone running around with HK anymore. I never knew Darth Hexid was unlockable by completing 40 group missions, so I didn't have her when starting both Sith classes.

I went from having only 8 characters to having 21 now, and I'd rather start off with Jedi & Sith companions than Paxton or Shae.

The ONLY reason I even participated in Galactic Seasons so far was to get Niko and I finally get 5 tokens only to go to the vendor and he is not there. Only to come here and discover this.

Really disappointed. :(