PVP Farming?

chosonman

I hear that term thrown around now and then. I'm not sure what it means can someone explain?

I had an odd experience last night. There was a mob of PVP'er on the other side that was just moving from one node to another wrecking our team but once they killed everyone they just moved on to the next node without even capping the node they were just on even though no one was there to defend it.

as the reward difference between winning and losing is pretty small in regs lots of ppl don't really care about objectives, in particular, if they already completed their weekly/daily, personally just fighting is a lot more fun than clicking an objective node and then standing afk there for 8 minutes, but I guess others might enjoy that Edited by RikuvonDrake

I hear that term thrown around now and then. I'm not sure what it means can someone explain?

I had an odd experience last night. There was a mob of PVP'er on the other side that was just moving from one node to another wrecking our team but once they killed everyone they just moved on to the next node without even capping the node they were just on even though no one was there to defend it.

Farming is when good players just target the noobs every time.

Dose this answer your question?

Farming can mean two things.

1. Farming scoreboard points to get the highest dps, healing or protection or kills so they can epeen

2. Farming solo individuals to kill as many as possible

Neither of these is conducive to good objective pvp. In fact they degrade objective pvp because many of these players don’t care if they win or lose. Which affects those players around them who do care.

Sadly, there is no recourse if you get stuck in a game with people of this mind set. You can’t leave and requeue because Bioware punish you with a deserter lock out. And if you stay and your team doesn’t care about winning, it can be a massive waste of your time if you are trying to get missions complete.

Until Bioware address the farmer elephant in the room and remove the incentives to farm over winning, then this attitude will continue. Add the before mentioned penalties to players who want to get away from these people and that is why many long term objective players have stopped playing pvp. Which obviously makes the situation worse.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

"Farming" is exactly what you described.