What the heck is that new bar on the left?

Taleswapper

Logged in after the new update, and there's pop-up bar on the left of my screen, just under the messages window. I can't select it in the Interface Editor, and it's too high to even read the top section. It doesn't add anything to playability that I can see; it's just perpetually in the way.Any hints on how to turn it off or move it?

It replaces the previous 'social center' bar, and I dragged it up to the usual spot in the upper left of the screen. You can click on the outer rim of it and drag it.

Of course, it doesn't f'n stay there, so I have to move it every time I log in. It looks as though Devbert may have designed it (it works well enough), but then the pointy haired BW boss, and Wally, got together to implement it. 😂

(it works well enough)

Debatable. After all, I want to know how many players, guildies, friends are here, and how many mails I have. What I see is how many magnifying glasses, groups of bowling pins and flags there are.

EDIT: I suppose that might have been related to the malign influence of Ted from Marketing.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

It replaces the previous 'social center' bar, and I dragged it up to the usual spot in the upper left of the screen. You can click on the outer rim of it and drag it.

Of course, it doesn't f'n stay there, so I have to move it every time I log in. It looks as though Devbert may have designed it (it works well enough), but then the pointy haired BW boss, and Wally, got together to implement it. 😂

Thanks for the info, it was driving me nuts!

• 2 weeks later...
Logged in after the new update, and there's pop-up bar on the left of my screen, just under the messages window. I can't select it in the Interface Editor, and it's too high to even read the top section. It doesn't add anything to playability that I can see; it's just perpetually in the way.Any hints on how to turn it off or move it?

Top left, there's an arrow click it

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -