Deleting/Remaking a character, effect on character slots?

SplitDecision

So as far as I'm aware, I know that per server I'm meant to have 28 character slots. However on Satele Shan I have 48/48 (I never bought additional slots). This is is because back before the last server merge I had maxed out character slots for each of the older servers. With that in mind, I wanted to redo one of my old low level Vanguards, but I'm not sure that if delete him, does it become 47/47 , or 47/48? I was hoping someone might happen to know before I go ahead and try to do it. Appreciated. :D

You need to get to [your max -1] to create a new one or to import one from another server. In your case that's 27.

I had HUNDREDS of chars on Star Forge which I scrambled to create the last night before the merger, and I failed to realize just that. At some point I needed to transfer a toon from my main, Leviathan. Had to delete a couple hundred chars. :eek::eek::eek:

:jawa_redface:

Of course, you can also buy additional slots, to a current maxium of 100 chars.

Edited by BenduKundalini

So what you're saying is that technically speaking my character slots is actually 48/28, and I need to buy enough slots to bring it up to 48/48, so I can then delete the old toon to make a new one?

exactly.

Or, you delete 21.

Edited by BenduKundalini