Thank you Devs for the best feature in the history of the game!

Alithia

Weapons in the ourfitter!!!!!

No more 16 (32) lightsabers in my inventory for all my looks! Now I just need 32 outfitter slots, 16 is so little! I almost own every armor set in the game and it is so hard to just choose 16. Next thing that would be cool to assign a mount to an outfit.

Incorrect statement is incorrect.

Really. My characters' weapons are not part of their outfits.

Weapon Look Designer should be *like* Outfit Designer, but separate from it, so as far as I'm concerned, the time spent on developing "weapons in Outfit Designer" was wasted.

and my outfits and weapons get designed together. And we haven't even seen how its going to be fully executed. it does say in a similar fashion as armor - who's to say its not in an extra tab under the same outfitter system

Edited by CrazyScruffy

and my outfits and weapons get designed together. And we haven't even seen how its going to be fully executed. it does say in a similar fashion as armor - who's to say its not in an extra tab under the same outfitter system

They called it "weapons in Outfit Designer".

OK, specifically Eric Musco, and he said "Outfitter" and not "Outfit Designer".

Note especially the highlighted wording, "in our existing Outfitter system". So that's who's to say it's in the existing system.

Weapons in Outfitter

Finally, we’re excited to share details with you around one of the most requested features of the past several years: Weapons in Outfitter!

Beginning in 7.0, you’ll now be able to use Weapons in a similar way to Armor in our existing Outfitter system. This means you can have one weapon equipped which will determine the stats applied to your character, and stamp the appearance of another weapon of the same type via Outfitter.

Weapons have several properties that are unique to them as compared to Armor. They can have unique audio, Color Crystals, and Weapon Tunings. The weapon assigned to the Outfitter slot, or slots for dual-wielding combat styles, will determine which of these customization options are seen and heard in the game. If a weapon is not assigned to an Outfitter slot, the game will use the options from the currently equipped weapon instead.

Note especially the highlighted wording, "in our existing Outfitter system". So that's who's to say it's in the existing system.

yes I read it more than once carefully. that doesn't mean that the existing outfitter system can't be updated. I mean look at the new UI on pts. all im saying is there could be a chance that weapons could be independent from outfits under the existing system (which with the new ui is already subtly different already then what we currently have now). and my statement of whos to say - stands. Like you stated he didn't say outfit designer - he called it system. said system can have more than 1 tab

and either way I certainly would don't think it was a waste of time considering how many people and how long we've waited for this feature. I'm just hopeful most people will be pleased, which as we both know, is pretty much impossible

Edited by CrazyScruffy

I am hoping that weapons will be a separate tab within the outfit designer. I'm holding out hope until we have more details.

Imagine, if you will, opening the outfit designer and having two tabs: outfit and weapon. You click on the outfit tab and select your outfit. Then you click on the weapon tab and select your weapon. Weapons that don't match your current combat style are grayed out. It is a glory of mix and match possibilities! 256 if you have unlocked and filled every slot!

Yet it doesn't mean it will be, and it probably means they'll use the EXISTING OUTFITTER, as stated in the post...

go check out the PTS. the entire UI has been changed. So it's just as likely to be updated or added onto as it is to stay in it's existing form. Also of note, he didn't say Outfit Designer (which we currently have), but Outfitter system. With that difference plus the new UI - the existing system could be the one on PTS that we don't currently use. But yes let's be naysayers and forecast doom and gloom about everything...:sul_wink:

and honestly i think it's quite rude to say that the dev time was a waste, adding a feature, we've been wanting for years. But because there's an assumption that it's not how "you" want it, they shouldn't have added it. and i don't quite understand, weapons are most definitely part of an outfit or look you're going for. why would someone who doesn't even take that into consideration, want that feature? and then complain because it's not how "they" again want it? Like try to be Dev and you finally do something, and then you hear nothing but negativity about it? They doesn't exactly put them on our side when we inevitably ask for more things "we" want

Edited by CrazyScruffy

I am hoping that weapons will be a separate tab within the outfit designer. I'm holding out hope until we have more details.

Imagine, if you will, opening the outfit designer and having two tabs: outfit and weapon. You click on the outfit tab and select your outfit. Then you click on the weapon tab and select your weapon. Weapons that don't match your current combat style are grayed out. It is a glory of mix and match possibilities! 256 if you have unlocked and filled every slot!

That's more or less *exactly* what I want. Whether it's two tabs in one system, or two separate systems, I don't care, so long as I can select them independently of each other. (To please the "weapons *are* part of outfits" crowd, provide a toggle to lock them together. On-by-default or off-by-default, I don't care, so long as I can unlock it.)

And it's 289 combinations, since there are 16 outfit slots plus the real gear if you like how that looks, making 17 in total, and presumably the same for weapons.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

and honestly i think it's quite rude to say that the dev time was a waste, adding a feature, we've been wanting for years.

Speak for yourself. I've been saying for years that putting weapons *in* outfit slots is the wrong approach.

But because there's an assumption that it's not how "you" want it, they shouldn't have added it.

Not exactly. What *I* want is useful for *everyone* (especially with the inclusion of a "lock them together" toggle), while what's proposed is useful only for the "weapons are part of outfits" crowd.

And I'm saying "they should have added something slightly different to this", rather than "not add anything at all". I won't be using it if it's as the wording implies, so they might as well not have bothered.

and i don't quite understand, weapons are most definitely part of an outfit or look you're going for.

No, they aren't. They are part of the outfit/look that *you* are going for. They are *not* part of the outfit or look that *I* am going for.

why would someone who doesn't even take that into consideration, want that feature?

Because I want to be able to freely and easily switch around the look of my weapon just like I can do for my armour.

and then complain because it's not how "they" again want it?

*Because* it's not how I want it. Duh. I want the two switches to be independent, because that's how I think of these things.

Like try to be Dev and you finally do something, and then you hear nothing but negativity about it? They doesn't exactly put them on our side when we inevitably ask for more things "we" want

I've been a software developer for more than thirty years, and I'm familiar with that feeling, thanks, but if a developed feature really *isn't* what I want, then why should I smile and say that I think it's great?

I say these things *because* I'm familiar with that feeling, and how it makes me feel, and I see no reason to smile and pretend I like it. It's not like it's that pair of ugly, ugly, ugly socks my granny got me for Christmas, where to preserve everyone's feelings and the family moment, I smile and say, "Thank you." (And wear them the next day to prove I'm honest... Ugh.)

The key thing is that that negativity is feedback, showing the developers and designers that what they built is more or less subtly a wrong thing. EDIT: or, at the very least, not as right as it could be.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

Incorrect statement is incorrect.

Really. My characters' weapons are not part of their outfits.

Weapon Look Designer should be *like* Outfit Designer, but separate from it, so as far as I'm concerned, the time spent on developing "weapons in Outfit Designer" was wasted.

I am also of the opinion that this is a silly change.

Outside Han Solo and Boba Fett (who had to have their specific 'look'), blasters in Star Wars are treated exactly like firearms in the real world - it doesn't really matter what you're using, so long as it puts people to bed. So whatever gun is fine (so long as it doesn't look ridiculous). Critically, weapons shouldn't be hoarded (you can just hang onto the appearances) - just used and disposed. A gun is a gun - it should look right with anything you're wearing.

Jedi, on the other hand, really should only be using a handful of lightsabers over the course of their lives - they build their sabers to meet their own personal tastes. Unless those tastes radically change, there's no reason to alter the weapon. Therefore, if we're going with lore, your force user really should only be carrying 2-3 sabers at most.

Edited by AJediKnight