Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Returning player looking to play Deception

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Returning player looking to play Deception

Tha_Moe
08.07.2022 , 05:06 PM | #1
Following questions:

1. Rotation for Deception?
2. Gear don't matter?
3. Any tips? (besides play hatred)

Any tips would help thank you. Its been 10 years!

<Men do what they want, Boys do what they can>.

Samcuu
08.07.2022 , 06:01 PM | #2
There's a guide on YouTube for deception, I don't play the class personally so I can't help all that much. Gear totally matters, and finally Hatred is one of the worst specs for pvp right now so nah stick with deception.

teclado
08.10.2022 , 03:17 PM | #3
Check out vulkk.com for the class guides. They are mostly PVE focused, but it wonít be much different. Deception doesnít really have a set rotation as itís highly dependent on procs. The simple version is ďclick glowing buttons.Ē Itís a pretty solid spec in pvp and, IMO, very fun to play.

Gearing is pretty simple. I believe the number is 7.15% on alacrity for the 1.4 second GCD, then dump the rest into crit. Personally I go for around 105% accuracy. Donít forget about stims.

Tha_Moe
08.16.2022 , 09:19 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by teclado View Post
Check out vulkk.com for the class guides. They are mostly PVE focused, but it wonít be much different. Deception doesnít really have a set rotation as itís highly dependent on procs. The simple version is ďclick glowing buttons.Ē Itís a pretty solid spec in pvp and, IMO, very fun to play.

Gearing is pretty simple. I believe the number is 7.15% on alacrity for the 1.4 second GCD, then dump the rest into crit. Personally I go for around 105% accuracy. Donít forget about stims.
thank you

<Men do what they want, Boys do what they can>.

Wimbleton
08.16.2022 , 11:09 PM | #5
Deception/Infiltration is like playing whack-a-mole - mash whatever lights up, if nothing is lit up, use autocrit skill or shadowstep and proceed. Keep two stacks of that one ability up (I'm sure guide will tell you).

That's all well and good but the main purpose of the class is to see just how annoying af you can be with low slash.