Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The hardest boss you've ever faced *SPOILERS*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
The hardest boss you've ever faced *SPOILERS*

MadDutchman
08.10.2017 , 02:28 PM | #41
Vaylin without the holocron dude

Squishy sorc doesn't last long. Switched to heal spec in the end and out healed her. Took like 30 mins to slowly whittle down her health
I Have Spoken

Use my referral link for free goodies.

colbymattice
01.14.2022 , 02:44 PM | #42
Wow this wasn't said yet?

Ancient Threat. He one shots me every time. And you can't even cause him damage. Plus it's a complex process to summon him.

Hadsil
01.14.2022 , 05:51 PM | #43
Due to bad programming - Heta Kol, Spirit of Vengeance on launch. Could not be defeated in Story Mode with the gear the game gave me up to that point. Once the Second Wave of add-ons arrive, I die. Every time, All time. Regardless of any and all comments and advice on how to defeat her. The Flashpoint was broken. They fixed it.

The normal game.

Non-Story:
The first Boss Monster Plant Thing on Oricon. It cannot die playing with the gear the game gave me. It self heals faster and more than any damage I can do to it. I don't die either. The fight is a stalemate. It cannot be played passed this point, so I quit and never play it again.

Final Boss Directive 7. The first time I played it was death after death after death on the final boss, but I did finally defeat it. I promised myself I would never play it again. I had forgotten where it appeared, so a couple of years later I played it again. Playing it was familiar, but it was too late in remembering when I reach the final boss. I tried it anyway. At some point in the fight it's Zap, I'm dead. Try again. Same place. Zap, I'm dead. Try again, trying to do it differently. Zap, I'm dead. Zap, I'm dead. Zap, I'm dead. I quit. No point playing it anymore.

Story:
Vaylin in Mindscape. It was death after death after death after death. This was way before Spirit of Vengeance, so instead of it being a program problem I knew I had to be doing something wrong. I'm missing a clue. I discover it. Get out of the red circle when she's floating. Problem solved. Now I never die when I face her.

Manaan Final Boss. Could not be defeated. Just when I get it down to the last few hit points suddenly the game resets to start the battle again. Over and over and over. The fight would never finish. I asked Customer Service about it. They kept telling me the game was working fine. I quit and move on to Eternal Throne. Eventually it is explained to me there is a timer to the fight. The game is not broken; it resets if you don't kill the boss before the timer runs out. Put the Companion on damage and get the boss in the red circle of fire. Done. Boss dies. I get to continue playing.

Honorable Mentions

Vitiate in Jedi Knight Story. It took a while to figure out which of the duplicates was the real one. Died a few times until I figured it out. My second Jedi Knight had an easier time because I knew what to look for.

The dog-like droid on Chiss. It's just a hard battle. Sometimes I die once before defeating it. Other times I can defeat it without dying.

Theron's present on Umbara. Another tough battle. You need to get rid of the add-ons or Lana will die then you die. Also get out of the red area of instant death when it shows up.

Final Boss Droid on Makeb. It's tricky staying out of the way of the red glow of instant death. Imperial Makeb has a boss fight before it that's also tricky. You need to keep moving around two floor levels to knock out shields, add-ons, and activate extra fire power. Because it's combat you move slow, so it's a bit frustrating and can feel like you won't reach everything you need to in time but you do.

SteveTheCynic
01.15.2022 , 02:09 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
Vaylin without the holocron dude

Squishy sorc doesn't last long. Switched to heal spec in the end and out healed her. Took like 30 mins to slowly whittle down her health
My Lightning Sorc did just fine without Lord D(1). I had a few false starts before I got the hang of what the mechanics are, but once I got the hang of that stuff, the rest wasn't so hard.

(1) Absolutely a Darth Noxette, but prone to episodes of creepy-crawly paranoia, even if her lover advises against it, so she played in-character and let Lord D go.
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

Hadsil
01.15.2022 , 04:14 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
My Lightning Sorc did just fine without Lord D(1). I had a few false starts before I got the hang of what the mechanics are, but once I got the hang of that stuff, the rest wasn't so hard.

(1) Absolutely a Darth Noxette, but prone to episodes of creepy-crawly paranoia, even if her lover advises against it, so she played in-character and let Lord D go.
Wait a minute. Personally I always free the guy from the holocron. He shows up to help you in the fight if you don't? That is news to me. Interesting.

SteveTheCynic
01.15.2022 , 12:32 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Hadsil View Post
Wait a minute. Personally I always free the guy from the holocron. He shows up to help you in the fight if you don't? That is news to me. Interesting.
It's "you pull him out of the holocron" rather than "he shows up", but yes. He fights as a companion, so your character's inherent Presence score boosts him just like it does for any other companion.
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

JYthelifesaver
01.17.2022 , 11:54 PM | #47
As a "solo player" the Exarchs were the bosses I would have considered as the hardest I've fought. But ever since I started using alliance buffs and caches they've become pretty easy. I still enjoy fighting them more than other bosses though and will occasionally pit my companions against them while I heal.