Swoop Rally Story Mission "The Good Old Days" on Mek-Sha Not Working

bjpbjp

• 2 months later...
Hi folks,

Thanks for all the reports concerning the bug with "The Good Old Days" on Mek-Sha.

Our team is currently looking into it. I'll update you when I have more information.

This should have been fixed before re-releasing the event yet again with a broken quest.

Republic side for me this time. I swapped back and forth between PVE (only one instance available) and PVP (only one in the instance) and it never appeared.

I know it's just superficial and doesn't mean anything in the long run, but forcing people to have a workaround where their character needs to threaten someone in order to complete a limited edition event is negligent.

This should have been fixed before re-releasing the event yet again with a broken quest

I kinda agree with you, but then one can easily make the argument that people who either finished or don't care about the one-time story missions but do care about the repeatable content would be deprived of such content.

If it was a major issue with one of the races/tracks, I could understand, but for this story aspect it is a little harder to justify nixing the whole event altogether.

Still completely busted and it's that same spot. Republic side today. And there's no workaround if there's only 1 instance of the planet, so... BioWare, maybe fix your game? Please? This is getting really frustrating.

Hi folks,

Thanks for all the reports concerning the bug with "The Good Old Days" on Mek-Sha.

Our team is currently looking into it. I'll update you when I have more information.

Sorry, Why did you all lied?

WHY..... have you never fixed, WHY?

Last chance, you don't get the money, thanks you.

I don't understood, why did he lied, why..... I don't understood.

This is really frustrating, why?

Edited by Unterlord

I'm rather happy to provide this. I've tried to do this quest a few times, and each time run into the issue of being unable to complete it because one of the drop sites doesn't work. The other 2 do. Unfortunately...I'm not the most computer literate so I'm not 100% on how to send you the screenshots. When I tried this and couldn't finish it, I brought in a few friends to try and help with it, and they couldn't either. I've tried re-setting the mission, aborting it and re-starting it...Nothing has worked. Anyway, I"m not entirely sure how to attach images to this. I have a screenshot of one of the sites that works, and then the screenshot of the one that doesn't. And it's just that one. Both of the others still work. I googled it at the time, and apparently it's an old issue. Some people fixed it by switching instances, but that hasn't worked for me. Edited by CeciliaW

Hi folks,

We were not able to reproduce this bug in "The Good Old Days" Mission on Mek-Sha. To help us in our investigation, could you provide videos and screenshots where we can see the bug?

Thank you.

Here is my video. ''Full about 1 hour''

Warning: My game is German language.

Quest: The Good Old Days on Mek-Sha

Time: 14:48 started on Dantooine

Time: 23:30 started on Mek-Sha

Time: 25:51 there is a problem, no click..... I was going to PvP and,.... no click!

I had 2 of 3 Deliver Tseekoli's Goods and quest is exit, First tried

Time: 28:54 started on Dantooine, restartet quest

Time: 29:33 started on Mek-Sha

Time: 31:27 failed, that was Second tried, I was PvP and back to PvE.... failed.

Later, I make remnant completed and I was doing restart for the last quest.

Time: 41:47 started on Mek-Sha

Time: 43:34 it was PvE, failed.... I was going to PvP...... Successful

Workaround: PvE-Instances is bugged, PvP-Instances must all players leave, all completed.

Deliver Tseekoli's Goods can respawn, clicked only once and PvP-Instances leave.

Another player (Republic or Empire) will not leave, cannot Deliver Tseekoli's Goods respawn.

Edited by Unterlord

Hi folks,

We were not able to reproduce this bug in "The Good Old Days" Mission on Mek-Sha. To help us in our investigation, could you provide videos and screenshots where we can see the bug?

Thank you.

STR

1.) On TWO+ Republic characters accept the quest "The Good Old Days" from Dantooine NPC Raossk (386,609)

2.) Collect the Holorecording behind NPC

3.) Travel to Mek-sha

4.) Speak with Tseekoli NPC in the Bazaar ((-106,4084)

5.) Conversation choices with Tseekoli: 1, 1, 1, 1

6.) Pick up the deliveries in front of the NPC

7.) Travel to Brzo's Wells for the drop-off location (97,3923)

8.) The delivery should be on the wall just behind the NPC sweeping.

9.) PLEASE NOTE: This may be an issue of re-spawn timer or an issue from server to client. Please have 1 player USE the item if it's there, then check the respawns of a SECOND player and note the time. I was on Mek-sha (1) and even tested on PVP (2) version over 3 runs of this event and still unable to see this delivery location. If all appears good on a live server test environment (not local), then something deeper might be going on. If a no repro still occurs, then maybe just re-building the quest or converting the "delivery" locations from WALL interactable to ground crates (like the ones done in the OTHER swoop rally quest on Corellia, may fix the issue).

Image Links:

https://app.photobucket.com/u/Mattnetic/p/3770cb33-5625-4358-885f-533035390b02

https://app.photobucket.com/u/Mattnetic/p/47606bca-4248-4b52-b056-48185a516c31

Edited by Vicewyn
Attaching Images

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi folks,

Thank you.

Can confirm bug. No idea where the panels should be here, but here are screenshots of the area with no clickable panels. Already switched from PvE area to PvP instance with no luck.

Hi folks,

Thank you.

Again, It's bugged.

i has wrote you at 09/04/2021

Same bugged this is frustrating

Never fixed!

https://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9933525&postcount=35

Edited by Unterlord

This is also bugged for me, some of my characters were able to complete it by switching instances, but this current character has switched instances many times and the issue is still there, nothing to click. Also it's definitely not an issue where it just hasn't respawned after someone else clicking it, or is it behind the person sweeping...its just not there to click. As I saw with the characters I was able to complete it on yesterday, there is not just one thing to click, there were several when I was able to complete it...there is none and I'm the only person in Mek Sha right now.

I also just noticed, that when I view Mek-sha from the galaxy map...it shows that I have a quest there, but the quest symbol has green in the middle as if to say the quest is complete, but alas I am only 2/3 done with it...I have a feeling that has something to do with why the clickable thing is not appearing, it seems as though it thinks the quest is complete. Hope that helps. But then there was another instance available and I was able to complete it. Dunno why that didn't work when I switched back and forth between instances last night on this character, but that's also what I had to do on the three characters I did it on yesterday. Anyways. Goodluck yall.

Edited by AdaraSnow

Same issue for me. No interact-able objective in the area. Imp side, Satele Shan server. Switching instances didn’t help, and neither did restarting the mission.

Edit: switching instances, then logging out and logging in worked for me! I logged back in on a different day, but not sure if that would matter.

Edited by Jasster

I came to this thread because I zoned into the PvP instance thinking it might be there. It was not. Was happy to see that I was not alone. Oddly, when I zoned back to the PvE zone, it was right there - right in front of me. I completed the quest. Not sure if it was because I logged directly into the PvP instance; I had logged the night before having searched in vain for the mission object. The last thing I tried was zoning into the PvP instance. Good luck folks.

Hi folks,

How about you stop looking and actually start acting?

It is still broken half the time. And it's not like I don't know the location, I have done it on 7 characters but I'm just stuck with this quest today, even switching instance.

Edited by demotivator

Absolute best work around to this bug is to NOT do the mission to deliver the goods. This is done by choosing the right option during the conversations.

I have found that the fastest way through the one-time missions is to ALWAYS select the bottom most option during conversations (except the ones which would REFUSE Quest; in this case, next option up. Lots less running around AND zero changes to DS/LS alignment (even when you lie or threaten someone).