Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Refund!


TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
12.09.2021 , 12:15 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Um, I think the xpac will be out within the 6 months. 🤔
I’ll have some of that action. What odds are you offering 😉

ronin_chi_lao's Avatar


ronin_chi_lao
12.09.2021 , 12:37 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I’ll have some of that action. What odds are you offering 😉
100cc on
March 8, 2022. i'll put it down before i hear the odds i like to be extra risky

Your point was very insightful and I will consider many options.
Callanthi Raye <Force Mystics> TKSAGE/FURYMARAUDER-combat style https://www.forcemystics.com/

yseviel's Avatar


yseviel
12.09.2021 , 04:15 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Sir-steve View Post
I'd say its more comparable to purchasing a ticket for a performance. If you buy a ticket to see a movie, arrive a few minutes early so you can get popcorn and good seats, then sit down and the movie doesn't play due to technical.....you'd expect management to offer you a refund, raincheck for another showtime or let you go see a different film.

You wouldn't expect them to say 'hey you got to come in, walk around, spend more money at the concession stand and sit in our chairs so we're just gonna keep your money".

It may not be required by law, but it is an appropriate customer service gesture. EA has been trying to build hype around this to attract new/returning players. They KNOW people having been subbing in anticipation. I'm honestly surprised they didn't include a 'click here to get your money back & return to F2P status if you subbed just for this' option with the announcement.
Thank you for being reasonable. Way too many people in response to this situation sound like they would also be defending EA lootboxes because "well you don't have to buy them it's optional".

TheVoyant's Avatar


TheVoyant
12.09.2021 , 09:47 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by yseviel View Post
Thank you for being reasonable. Way too many people in response to this situation sound like they would also be defending EA lootboxes because "well you don't have to buy them it's optional".
As evident by this thread there are a lot of people on the internet willing to defend and make excuses for bad behavior for some unknown reason.... Imagine trying to defend the legality of shady business and seeing it as a sensible outlook.

Its good to call things out and confront them. Its a sign of a healthy and mature outlook. Making excuses or turning the other cheek when the party in question hasn't learned or shown any aspect of growth... Is simply a fools' errand.

As always don't feed the toxic parts of the community imo. Difference of opinions is fine, that superiority complex stuff people need to check their egos.

NDNCreek's Avatar


NDNCreek
12.09.2021 , 02:06 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by yseviel View Post
Thank you for being reasonable. Way too many people in response to this situation sound like they would also be defending EA lootboxes because "well you don't have to buy them it's optional".
I saw this post after making a similar argument about a idea that it's the Players fault Somehow for Expecting a Service that You (BW) Said you planned to provide for a Price ( Sub ) on This Day...Am guessing these same folks are Ok paying for Food only to not get The Hamburger until Next week when the meat arrives

Gilrenna's Avatar


Gilrenna
12.09.2021 , 02:51 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by NuSeC View Post
This is strictly something they said they would do, then at the last minute changed their minds after a large number of people subbed BECAUSE of what BIOWARE proclaimed. It is a customer service issue, a trust issue and a taking advantage of people issue.

It is dishonest. If they think it is going to be postponed 2 more months they knew it for longer then a week ago. They just wanted that sub money for December. It really is that simple.

They can choose or not to make it right via refund or whatever but you have a lot of people that feel played and taken advantage of because of what they did and how they did it.

This was clearly a bait and switch...
Yeah, legal or not, that's not the point. It's all about the manner in which it was done. Of course, they knew weeks ago that they weren't ready for a Dec. release. They also knew people would sub right before the release date. This way, they get subs they weren't going to get otherwise and they also get a more relaxed holiday and more time to polish the content. It's a win-win for them.

oslek's Avatar


oslek
12.09.2021 , 05:21 PM | #77
This is why I prefer the B2P format: no sub fees. If you want to play the game or its expansions, pay full price and play for as long as you want. Simplifies things and helps prevent a lot of headaches.

Templock's Avatar


Templock
12.10.2021 , 04:16 AM | #78
I just bought 5 years worth of sub time and deliberately caught covid so i could be indefinitely quarantined so i could play the xpac and you do this to me????
Quote: Originally Posted by kage_goomba View Post
You're overthinking this.

Just do it..and get on with your life.

BrightMojo's Avatar


BrightMojo
12.11.2021 , 07:50 AM | #79
Stop pre ordering games, this is why so many games come out full of bugs, look at the state of New World, if they hadn't of had pre orders there's no way they would have released it like that. I get you maybe wanted to get some gear and clear your inventory before the expansion but the gear will save you maybe an hour or 2 during levelling and that gear will probably be replaced within a day at 80, if your still wearing it

Stradlin's Avatar


Stradlin
12.11.2021 , 09:30 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by BrightMojo View Post
Stop pre ordering games, this is why so many games come out full of bugs, look at the state of New World, if they hadn't of had pre orders there's no way they would have released it like that. I get you maybe wanted to get some gear and clear your inventory before the expansion but the gear will save you maybe an hour or 2 during levelling and that gear will probably be replaced within a day at 80, if your still wearing it
Expansion to a 10 year old game isn't quite the same as a brand new MMo. Broadly speaking, people have pretty good idea what to expect when returning to TOR for a new expansion.

Guild mastah stuff keeps me subbed through thick and thin, so no personal horses on this particular race.. Still, I keep thinking 9.8 days(nine days and like 22 hours!) before release of the new expansion is the best possible moment to return to an MMO after a long break. That's approx what I've always done for WoW for example. You get to experience pre launch hype, do some waiting(ultimately gamers love waiting) decide which char to play, figure your class out, make some new internet friends, join a guild..Its optimal if you been away for years, not weeks. I can't recall ever getting burned for doing so. Not like people got burned here.

Again, I claim nothing like this has ever happened before. With any other MMO expansion. (3 weeks old release date pushed back by 2 months one week before release) so it's not like people "should have known"