Marauder Feedback Thread

JackieKo

Played sentinel...it's abosolutely pathetic. While all classes can take their old defenses in different tree parts, marauder is Forced to choose one of 3 main defenses - mad dash, guarded by the force and camouflage. Obfuscate is TAKEN AWAY fully, awe (intimidating roar) is taken away fully. Predation still requires 30 stacks of fury to be used which is very bad because marauder often can't get 30 stacks when needed to use predation in crucial moment. Compared to other classes marauder got nerfed/cutted much harder. In pvp it will be totally useless. It's obvious that other classes are in better position because they can take much more defensive choices Edited by bladech

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall the choices for Fury aren't too bad, except for the level 20 and 60 rows.

Level 20: Snaring Slash should buff your movement speed as well as slow the target for the duration, Overwhelm should slightly buff the damage of Ravage in addition to the root, and Predation needs to be off Fury and on a 30 second cooldown as it is on the live servers otherwise it is rotation breaking costing 30 stacks and it should also buff your movement speed by more than 50% in addition to purging any hindering debuffs.

Level 60: Cloak of Annihilation is essentially useless as nobody rotationally uses Assault and you have removed Crippling Slash (could be fixed to include other abilities and buffed with combined effects from Cloaks of Rage and Carnage), Sweeping Slash (if you insist on keeping it in the game) should additionally grant a passive that immobilizes the primary target of Dual Saber Throw for 3 seconds giving the Marauder the option of a ranged CC.

I'm assuming the absence of Unnatural Might is unintended.

Force Cammo could use some of the effects from the live utility buffs like the self cleanse and duration extension.

Disruption should be a baseline 10 sec CD and be extended to a 10 or 20 meter range force ability rather than a physical kick to give the class more group utility

Edited by Skettitangles

I was under the impression we would be seeing some weapon and skill crossovers, that was advertised on fb. i was very excited, this looks like you just revamped the skillful, masterful etc passives, and reorganized them intro a tree. it feels nearly the same, of not like im weaker. marauders are supposed to be the blood and fury blademasters. i think of classes mirroring iconic figures. assaj being an assassin, maul , dooku. no class in this game reflects a jedi or sith. a tank should be able to use some lightning, a warrior should have push. we need blending.

Hi Jackie, still waiting to hear if the marauders and Juggs are still supposed to be mirror image class/specs of the sentinels and guardians because these changes are different to some of those previously tested on those.

Are these going to be exact updated versions of what you have planned for both sets of classes or have you guys decided to split these from mirroring each factions classes? If so, can you please let us know either way.

Really hope we hear something on this soon. It's been over a week, really should have been answered already considering how major of an issue this is.

Those are obviously just tooltip errors from a lazy port of the skills from the Jedi to the Sith. Some abilities have wrong names, Force Lash doesn't even have an animation (Or it does, but it isn't properly attached yet - as of now, your character just doesn't do anything and the damage still triggers though). They're also outdated as they're the exact skills and values present during the first round of the PTS Sentinel. But all the other issues persist, like lack of stun/any CC really, making Force Camouflage pointless with missing cleanse and overall just bad choices and abilities that literally just make you worse in every way like Force Lash does.

Hello there,

I played Annihilation Marauder on PTS.

I kind of like the new abilities window, you can really change fast between different options in the ability tree and it is far less annoying than on live, where you have to reset first to change anything. However on pts while changing abilitiies, said abilities don´t go on the same spot on your ability bar and you have to move these around manually - but maybe this is going to change later with loadouts.

The rotation (at least if choosing furious power) kind of feels the same as on live, exepct the fact that no tacticals are working so no refreshing of rupture with vicious slash. But if spiteful saber will stay in 7.0 the rotation will bei the same. Don´t know how exactly the rotation will change if you choose Draining Centre or Force Lash for example - remains to be seen and figuered out.

Otherwise with the ability choices on pts Marauder feels pretty gutted:

Depspite the choice on level 20 between snaring slash, overwhelming slashes und Predation being ok (at last for me since i don´t play PVP) the fact that predation requires Fury and only grants a 50% speed buff is definetly not. One will never choose Predation over Beserk, so in fact you can not use Predation at all. But for me Predation is one of the abilities that makes a marauder a marauder!!!

Another difficult choice is on level 35: Choosing between interloper and defensive roll. As this may be boss dependent on what to choose it may be acceptable.

Now for the impossible choice on level 70: Force caomuflage, undying rage and mad dash...

Guess would always take force camouflage because of threat drop, but mad dash since its introduction functions so well as a gap closer once again adding a thing tthat is absolutly defining for being a marauder, which is speed + dps.

May bei remotley ok to not have undying rage, but there are so many things missing now to avoid damage: no more force choke, no more awe, no more obfuscate, no more self cleanse...and that for a class which has also no off-heals at hand.

Using all these different dcds on live is part of the fun. I raid on a regular basis (at the moment DXUN VM) - Can´t really imagine doing this with all of the restrictions that are currently on pts...

Can´t say if the overall dps on annihilation marauder is still viable, have not tested this.

FYI: the class buff Unnatural might on pts is missing. Guess thats not intended.

Edited by Shadowmoth

Please, remove interrupt! Mara with interrupt is overpowered! :eek:

Well, no obfuscate, no hard stun, no mezz, but still mindless Force scream in rotation. And absolutly useless Sweeping Slash.

If you want to remove some skills to make class easy: merge Saber Ward and Cloak of Pain, remove Battering Assault (and burst Rage generation on Assault), remove Force Scream, remove Sweeping Slash, remove Furious Strike. But we really need Force Choke, Intimidating Roar and Obfuscate.

Only making "choice" between Undying Rage and Force Camouflage completely nerf marauder, but now you making class is just trash. :mad:

You have destroyed Marauder with these changes, actually destroyed it, good job, all the serious mara mains will probably just unsub, why would they stay?

I have mained a Mara since day 1.

I will stop playing it for this expansion if this is how it's going to be.

Absolute garbage.

I have mained a Mara since day 1.

I will stop playing it for this expansion if this is how it's going to be.

Absolute garbage.

I'm fairly split between guardian and sentinel as my "mains". But I've also been here since day #1 and yeah, these arbitrary nerfs are more than likely game killers for me, too.

So, just wanting to update here based on the known issues/changelog thread and my own observations in game:

Force Camo is now baseline at level 30 and matches the version Sentinels had

Force Choke is in the tree now at level 70

Predation seems fixed? It's hard to say because the tooltip still says that it requires 30 stacks of Fury and converts them, etc, but it seems to actually be functioning like Sentinel's Transcendence now (so it's on a 30s cooldown with no Fury requirement). I think the movement speed is the same between the two of them as well, but I'm not 100% certain on that.

So, from this I'm guessing the interpretation is that the build on Sentinels was mostly correct (although I'll be testing the useless/bad passives that were improved on Marauders to see if they were fixed on Sents) and that they are still intended to be mirrors. Would have been nice if Bioware could have confirmed that at any point in the last 3 weeks but I guess that's too much to ask.

Force Choke should switch places with Blood Ward in the ability tree.

It just makes no sense thematically to choose between a stun and 2 defensive cooldowns on one hand and then choose between AOE damage increase, an improved defensive cooldown or lowering the CD of an offensive skill.

Other than that:

The bad:

Force Lash is still an entirely pointless ability. It's just a worse Vicious Slash and has zero synergy with anything in your talent tree, even going so far as to decrease your proc from bleed effects as you have fewer of them on the target.

3rd level 43 choice still has no tooltip but the Sentinel version says it applies Trauma from cauterize and refunds rage when used during Zen / Berserk. That's just awful.

level 47 third choice makes no sense. You get 6 stacks of Zen /Berserk with 3 dots and you gain the equivalent of a VS as bonus damage for melee attacks while it is active. That's 2 GCDs at most on a single target. That's just not worth it.

Channel Fury still doesn't build Fury stacks which is just sad.

The good:

you actually listened to common sense and reinstated Force Camouflage as a baseline ability with a cleanse.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Team!

Thank you again for taking the time to look through all of these posts and help make this game better and better! In the spoiler tags is my feedback for Marauder with some addendums to previous posts I have made on this Combat Style. The combat style I focus on is Annihilation Marauder.

The TLDR version of what is below is that this fighting style needs to feel that the Self-heals are viable in game. My Marauder dies very quickly and easily to regular PvE monsters. I barely do enough damage or self-healing during that timeframe. While playing this class, I see the self-heals tick more fervently in PvE and PvP. However, the actual quantity or amount is still not enough sustain to make this class feel like a viable choice in PvP or PvE. The DoT build of annihilation should feel like it can stay in a long fight. This is NOT a hit and run combat style. Some people have been mentioning this in the forums, but I think that the 2.0 build of the Annihilation Sith Marauder was one of the best builds ever for this combat style. I would check that as a jumping off point to help this class really shine. Please open the spoiler tab for more details on what I mean and which abilities are necessary.

Thank you so much for your time and assistance! Thank you for reading!

May the Force be with You!

ANNIHILATION MARAUDER

Intro

Hey Team!

Thank you for reading this post. I've been playing the game since beta in Fall 2011 prior to launch. My first class choice and main class choice, in beta and post launch of the game is and always will be the Annihilation Sith Marauder. This class means a lot to me and has been my main connection to this universe for 10 years. I've been through every single iteration of this class/combat style (even when they were combat trees) from beta 2011 all the way to the most recent patch. I have many insights/suggestions on my favorite class. But first...

and foremost, thank you again for all of the hard work you do. Especially, during a time that's been tough on everyone. Thank you also for allowing the space for us (the players) to communicate to you about the future of our characters, which mean so much to us. Thank you.

My PTS Character Combat Style choice was

ANNIHILATION Sith Marauder

Combat Style tree "A"

Essential or Unique Abilities

I've been playing for several hours on the PTS (Uprisings, Flashpoints, Heroics, PVP) and I want to start with outlining the most important abilities that are ESSENTIAL to this Combat Style. The two essentials not worth mentioning are Unnatural Might and Channel Hatred. We assume these are givens.

Assault - can combine with Ravage, maybe?

Battering Assault - not listed anywhere on the tree in PTS or forum

Rupture - move up to earlier in the tree, possibly replace with Force Scream

Vicious Slash

Annihilate

Force Rend

Force Charge

Cloak of Pain - not listed anywhere on the tree in PTS or forum

Saber Ward

Deadly Saber

Disruption

Obfuscate - not listed anywhere on the tree in PTS or forum

Dual Saber Throw

Berserk

Bloodthirst

Intimidating Roar - not listed anywhere on the tree in PTS or forum

Vicious Throw

Smash - not listed anywhere on the tree in PTS or forum, is mentioned as a combo tho, which is pretty cool, if this gets deleted for that, that would be cool.

I use each of these abilities in every single rotation of every single battle NO MATTER WHAT. They are essential to the build. Let's talk about why for a second.

Main Purpose of the Combat Style (Watchman/Annihilation)

What is the main purpose of the Watchman/Annihilation Combat Style? The Watchman/Annihilation style is all about sustained damage or DoTs and self-healing from these DoTs. I've seen many posts about Combat/Carnage and Concentration/Rage Styles on this forum talking all about speed and mobility. Speed and mobility are essential with the Combat and Concentration combat styles (because these styles want to do burst damage, hit and run, get in, hit hard, get out); however, speed and mobility are NOT ESSENTIAL to the Watchman/Annihilation combat style. In this Combat Style, Sentinels/Marauders want to focus on a target and hit it as much as possible to stay alive. More hits=more DoTs=more self-heals. So instead of wanting to hit everything quickly, we want to stack the DoTs on top of an enemy and in some cases a lot of enemies so more enemies die quickly and we stay alive. We focus on DoTs instead of trying to dodge everything. In Star Wars lore, this combat style mirrors Count Dooku. He duels, hits people wear it hurts and feeds into their pain. If this class runs around too much, we don't have a chance to stack our DoTs and heal properly. This combat style almost acts as a quasi-tank. Stay in the fight as long as we can then get out if things get too dicey. Mobility is still helpful but speed does no good. Every single one of the abilities listed above achieves the main goal/feel of the Watchman/Annihilation Combat Style.

Abilities I never or almost never use:

Force Scream - move to later in the tree or delete entirely

Sweeping Slash

Frenzy

Predation

Mad Dash

Crippling Slash

Why I don't use these abilities?

Force Scream was removed as an ability for some time during either Rise of the Hutt Cartel or Shadow of Revan. (May have even been one of the Knights' expansions) During this time, I noticed that I didn't really need it or use it anyway. I also noticed, that it doesn't add to the sustained damage bleed pool. So I took it out of my rotation and never looked back. This is fun ability to use at low levels but if your goal is to get players into their combat style sooner, give them Rupture this early instead. Move this ability to later when the major passives that were added come in.

Sweeping Slash. I tried it out a couple times and just never got around to using it. Watchman/Annihilation is a single target combat style, why do you need two AOE hits? I personally picked the one that aesthetically looked better and applied DoTs. Wouldn't be mad if this disappeared or popped up in another ability. Maybe combine it with Crippling Slash.

Frenzy. I never use it. Literally ever. I don't need to. I build Fury quickly. Get rid of this ability altogether. At Lvl 35 in the tree, where you earn this ability automatically, switch it with Furious Power. Therefore, we learn Furious Power automatically instead while Frenzy would then be a choice.

Predation. This ability is essential to Combat and Concentration. On the flip side, this ability is useless next to Zen/Berserk and Inspiration/Bloodthirst for the Watchman Sentinel/Annihilation Marauder. The benefits you receive from the latter are way better than the former. Plus it buffs DoTs. Did I mention we love DoTs?

Mad Dash. They are very aesthetically neat, but again this ability takes you too far away from your target. If you are too far away in the middle of combat from your enemy, DoTs run out. That's no good. Situationally, this ability is great during Operations. Especially if an OP Boss decides to start shooting all over a wide area. It is awesome to use to get out of there. However, I don't use it enough to warrant it a spot on my essential list. I recommend combining this with Unleash. Or possibly combine this with Force Camo and Unleash. That would actually be awesome, get out, drop threat, and get up. Those 3 abilities are situational anyways. So that could work fantastically!

Crippling Slash. Super situational. I ONLY use this in PVP, if ever. It's useless in OPs and PvE. It doesn't add DoTs so why use it? We could delete this ability and I wouldn't even be mad. Maybe combine it with Sweeping Slash.

Situational Abilities and Why they are Situational

Unleash

Force Choke

Ravage - move to later in the tree

Undying Rage

Force Camouflage

Furious Power

Why?

Unleash. Fairly obvious. Only need it when you're facing knockdowns, stuns, etc.. That's OPs or PvP. For the Annihilation character, they need it sometimes, but it could easily combined with something else in order to have the same intended effect. Please look at Mad Dash commentary above for more details.

Force Choke. In my opinion, these are thematic abilities and nothing more. They are super cool to have and look awesome, but Intimidating Roar is better overall as a stun. This ability is useless against any Champion or higher level PvE enemy but it super fun in PvP. I vote to keep these abilities as is because they make you feel like you are playing a Star Wars character from the movies. Plus these abilities resonate with us KOTOR fans. From an objective standpoint, it is a single target DoT stun. These are all of the things we love. Annihilation is a single target attacker, so it could be argued both ways. But if you get overwhelmed with enemies, popping Intimidating Roar works better. I'm torn.

Ravage. Aesthetically insane. Looks awesome. Practically, it doesn't do much in it's current state for the Annihilation style. Even in the PTS. It's great that you guys are adding DoT buffs to it as an ability so we can use it more. But I don't see it getting added to my rotation regularly. I do use it really whenever I want the final hit on a boss/player duel to look super cool. Super Situational and fun, but objectively not very useful to this Combat Style.

Undying Rage. I've only used this ability a handful of times. It works really well, specifically in hardcore PvE and PvP. I use it more in PvP. It keeps me alive that extra tick so my DoT stacks kill my opponent while I live. Great Utility but could be combined with other things.

Force Camouflage. I struggled putting this on my essentials list. But then I quickly realized it could be combined with other things.This ability is only necessary for hardcore PvE and PvP content. I never use it otherwise. That being said. It has saved me on multiple occasions when my team almost wipes. So this is a definite keeper in some capacity. But I wouldn't be mad if it was combined with other abilities. Please see Mad Dash commentary above for more info.

Furious Power. Definite keeper, I only use this ability during hardcore PvE and PvP content. However, as it stands in the Combat Style tree now, I would MUCH rather have this than Valorous Call/Frenzy at lvl 35.

Overall Suggestions/Feedback

Thank you for reading this post and if you got this far thank you. Or if you skipped everything and are just reading this, thank you anyway. Thank you for your time. Some final thoughts and suggestions. This Combat Style focuses on DoTs and self-healing. The Annihilation has a very different feel than the other Marauder Combat styles. The only thing in common is a couple of abilities and dual lightsabers. The main goal/feel of this Annihilation Combat Style is to be able to stay in the fight as long as possible, feed off of your enemies' and your own pain (DoTs and self-heals), take down enemies one by one, use your two lightsabers with expert finesse or skill, and get out quick if/when the enemy is about to clap down hard. The abilities of this class/combat style should focus on those things.

The main thing that I've seen go really well when deleting abilities across many games is to consolidate the amount of abilities into cool combos. For example, if you were to delete Force Camo or Mad Dash, combine them into one ability that does all of the things those 2 abilities did. Players, in general, will be much happier if we combine some buffs and passives much more than if we mess with ACTIVE abilites.

Or make abilities into auto combos. When you do a certain combination of abilities then it procs an ability that has been deleted. Therefore the deleted ability is now a passive proc. Let me give an example. If we use Rupture, then Vicious Slash, then Battering Assault, then finally Annihilate when an opponent is at 50% health, it will auto proc Vicious Throw, in which we will immediately see the animation for Vicious Throw and the damage associated tacked on to our enemy. Or even the Flaming Wave combo you already have is a great example!

Thank you again for your time and reading this post. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this post or anything else. I would love to be of assistance. I hope this helped. Thank you and May the Force be with You!

Edited by igonnakillya

The latest marauder changes fixed all big issues and the marauder feels really good again with keeping important baseline dcd's with self cleanse and also keeping a fast gap closing playstyle which is the most essential thing for marauders. Or in short: the marauder will not become a clumsy powertech with two lightsabers any more. Since then I also talked with many many people about it and most were as happy as i was. So thank you for listening!

For Annihilation the combat decisions at level 47 and below are also really good designed and it lets us not lose too many passives/abilities and gain really useful ones which really enhance the combat experience. But there is still one decision left I have a good idea for. So when we look at the level 43 decisions there is one choice for aoe (Blood Wave) one choice that doesn't make sense for raiders (Force Fracture) because it will be a dps decrease but the 10m range of this new ability gives casual players probably a good choice and (Rupturing Rage) rage regenerate. I have nothing against Blood Wave for aoe and Force Fracture for casual players but Rupturing Rage could be designed better. Besides the trauma debuff which isn't really useful it gives a marauder rage when rupture is used while Berserk is active. It isn't bad but it isn't really that practical either. So my suggestion is to change Rupturing Rage from Rupture refunds rage when used while Berserk is active into Rupture refunds one rage when consuming a stack of Berserk. That would match the rotation a bit better and it would help having more continuous rage gain per berserk cycle. And the intentional benefit (refunding rage) stays but it will just practically work better for every marauder.

An additional note: Draining Center at the level 27 decision is still buggy. the first part works with generating 10 fury (not exactly because somehow on pts it generates 11 instead of 10 fury). But Force rend dealing 4 times its damage when consuming berserk just works for the first tick of force rend and not at all when berserk is used after force rend is applied. I know that you guys are aware of that but I want to tell you that the last 2 updates didn't fix it. Thank you!

(BTW: Legendary Items are great and useful)

Edited by funfish

Hey guys!

Thank you again! Just did another run through with the Annihilation Marauder. I still feel the damage/self-sustain is lacking. The heals needs a little more buffing to be on the right track. Also Rupture buffs in the ability tree are a good start but need more. The Blood Wave is good and fun when it works. It doesn't always tick even if I have multiple enemies next to me. Probably just a bug fix for that one.

For Force Fracture, I like the animation and what the ability does; however, it becomes disruptive to the rotation because it is not a saber strike but a force ability. As stated multiple times throughout all of the forums related to the Annihilation Marauder Combat Style, this Combat style is not the best and hasn't been for almost 10 years. Because you have to apply your major DoTs before using Fracture, this causes Fracture to be used minimally when absolutely necessary instead of often like it should be used. Rupture is an ESSENTIAL ability to the ANNIHILATION tree. I'm all for trying to change it up and to refresh something old into something new, but losing out on a major component to the rotation for virtually the same damage/sustain is not worth it to me.

If this were a saber strike, I would pick it in a heartbeat. But because it's not, I lose out on a major DoT which Annihilation sorely needs. This will cause each person who dares to try Annihilation to instantly pick Blood Wave. It should feel like we actually have 3 viable options. In its current state, it feels like we only have one.

Side note: Rage regeneration seems to be lacking and I have to dip into using my baseline saber hit. Whereas I didn't have to do that before. I don't currently have to use it at all on the Live servers.

Thank you for your time and everything that you guys do!

Edited by igonnakillya

I play Carnage marauder the most. In fact, I have around 20 of them across the three English servers. Please, for the sake my of my continued interest in the game, do away with forcing me to select between Mad Dash, Force Choke, and Undying Rage! I use all three regularly and having to choose between them is a bit of a deal-breaker for me. I remember when Mad Dash was introduced to help with PvP, and it can obviously be used for PvE as well. It was definitely a worthwhile addition. Also, what happened to Intimidating Roar and Obfuscate? Having to choose between the three aforementioned skills not having those last two pretty much castrates the survivability of the class when doing heroics or dailies, let alone PvP or clearing trash in Veteran/Master Mode whatever.

Hello Jackie. Im with everyone that says that you shouldn't make your LOYAL SUBSCRIBERS choose between Undying Rage, Mad Rush and Force Choke . Personally, I don't mind not having Mad Rush as I use Force Rush more often, but please please please PLEASE let us have Force Choke and Undying Rage simultaneously. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want people to be flocking over to another class leaving the Marauder player count little to none (maybe a bit dramatic). Anyways, I hope to see this change soon as I am very much looking forward to playing the expansion.

(Either I stay a Mara or I go play Sin which by the way I wouldn't like because I prefer the voice actor for Sith Warrior haha)

Anyways heres my 2 cents of a dramatic post.

This is gonna be from endgame nim perspective of Anni spec as it stands atm on pts

Tier lv27

1.Juyo Rend- 18%flat dmg increase,10stacks of fury on use of force rend - decent

2.Draining center- force rend builds 10 fury stacks,rend deals 400% during zerk window - pointless utility point since you will have all 3 dots on target so zerk will hit only one or two of your rend dots

3.Critical bleed- while force rend is on target all your bleed have +10% crit - trash in to option 1

issue with this tier- lack of real option everybody will pick juyo rend for other two options are trash

Tier lv35

1.Snaring slash-slash slows targets by 10%- useless remove this utility from game(nobody uses it pvp or pve wise)

2.Overwhelming slashes- ravage roots target for 3s and builds 1 rage- underwhelming pvp only utility

3.Predation- 80% mov. speed,root break on use

issue with this tier- everybody will pick option 3,other two options are quite useless

Tier lv43

1.Blood wave Aoe bleed cleave- decent for trash clearing,trash for everything else

2.Force fracture- useless does not work in the dot spec, trading one of your strongest dots for attack is moronic(dps loss)- rework or remove

3.Rapturing rage- Rapture refunds rage if zerk is acctive - do i even have to talk about this?beyond useless designed by somebody who knows nothing about anni spec

issue with this tier- all three options are beyond useless,mara's will be forced to pick blood wave as the least useless option

Tier lv47

1.Furious power- 4stacks,takes 30s to build additional stack(should have been rolled with Dotf setbonus to become usefull)

2.Bleeding center- crit bleed build 2fury even during zerk window(2s internal cd)- seems underwhelming

3.Blood fury- during zerk window weapon attacks deal extra yellow dmg - worst of three options you will mostly get 2 attacks with little yellow tick- trash tier

issue with this tier- blood fury is useless,everybody will most likely pick option 1

Tier lv60

1Ineoxorable - 30s off stun breaker,build 4 rage when stuned,knock,pushed etc (pvp utility,rare pve useage-brontes)

2.Interloper-useless utility should have been deleted long time ago

3.Def.roll- must have for majority of pve content,usefull in pvp as well

issue with this tier- delete interloper from game for it is useless replace with force choke in this tier,it will make more sense,

Tier lv68

1.Cloak of Anni. - increases dmg. dealt by Cop by 15% adds 4s to duration - roll it together with Cloak of rage(which afaik has been for whatever reason deleted)

2.Path carver- sweeping slash deals 15% more- useless option for anni delete and replace with some other def. ability/point in this tier

3.Blood ward(vanilla) - solid pvp utility,sometimes used in pve

issue with this tier- path carver is useless and out of place delete and replace it with some def. utility

Tier lv73

1.Force choke- stun (out of place move it instead of interloper nobody competent will pick it in this tier)

2.Mad dash- solid,but overshadowed by undying

3.Undying -6s 99% dmg reduction

issue with this tier- everybody with half a brain is gonna pick undying,lack of choice lack of creativity

Tier lv78

1.Thirst for rage- 12rage when class buff is activated,every rage consuming ability heals for 1% - mediocre useless for pvp

2.Interceptor-force charge,rend,dev blast and obliterate slow targer by 50% for 6s - uselees delete this utility point from game and replace it with something normal

3.Brazen- dmg.reduction increased by 2% you build 2 fury when attacked(1.5 internal cd)

issue with this tier- everybody will once again pick option 3 for it is vastly superior, 1 and 2 are both utterly dead points(interceptor should be deleted from the game and replaced with something else)

missing/deleted abilities/utilities

Obfuscate - roll both ruthless aggressor and subjugation into basic ability and replace with it interloper(this way tier lv60 will be choices between three def abilities)

hidden savagery - decent dmg boost either roll it into basic Force camouflage or add it as a utility as a replacement for one of the useless ones (interloper,interceptor,thirst for rage,path carver- take your pick)

Edited by Flamenfrom

This is gonna be from endgame nim perspective of Anni spec as it stands atm on pts

Tier lv27

1.Juyo Rend- 18%flat dmg increase,10stacks of fury on use of force rend - decent

2.Draining center- force rend builds 10 fury stacks,rend deals 400% during zerk window - pointless utility point since you will have all 3 dots on target so zerk will hit only one or two of your rend dots

3.Critical bleed- while force rend is on target all your bleed have +10% crit - trash in to option 1

issue with this tier- lack of real option everybody will pick juyo rend for other two options are trash

Could you explain to me how FR dealing 18% more damage overall is better than e.g. 1 stack of it dealing 400% more damage with a guaranteed crit at that (because of Berserk)? Even if FR had 10 ticks of damage and you only hit 1 tick during Berserk with 400% increase, you'd still have a 40% overall dmg increase (1/10 x 400). Maxing our Juyo with virtually your first GCD is really nice but the longer the fight lasts (w/o losing the stacks), the less of an impact it has. 2 minutes in the impact is virtually zero.

When you combine Draining Centre with Bleeding Center you'll basically be able to use Berserk every time with Force Rend, so your 400% dmg increased Force Rend will crit for about the same as an Annihilate does every time and ofc with a 100% crit chance. Right now, only the first tick is ever increased anyway.

Purely dmg wise, this is superior. It also adds a second high burst damage ability which is really nice for fights with adds that need to go down quickly. You also gain way more HPS for both grp but especially yourself as you heal % of your dmg done on bleeds and the almost constant use of Berserk offers steady heal to the group.

It's basically the only thing I like at all in terms of Marauder changes. Agree with mostly everything else you write though. Force Fracture is probably the worst skill ever introduced. I've never seen an ability / talent actually make you flat out worse when you have it. It's worse for single target DPS in every scenario - even burst heavy fights. It's much worse for any type of AE with 2+ targets as you can't spread a second dot. It is the biggest show of incompetence I have ever seen in an mmo. They would need to ~ triple the dmg for it to make any sense for single target and it would play really ugly as you would use it with 2 dots active and then have to use VS or another main ability in between dot downtime.

Am I the only one who feel we are going into the dark times?

I mean the pruning is too hard on Marauder, it was THE class who has the less abilities, and now it has even less, all of that for what?

• The was majorities of choice on different tier are worthless, everyone will pick the same making the whole "choice" irrelevant.
  • Base mobility is far inferior to many other classes making us forced to pick predation and making the other options useless.
  • Survival is nerfed to the ground half of defensive CD are gone making us currently more fragile than a sorcerer… (WHO CAN HEAL TO FULL!)
  • PVP is going to be a nightmare, I don’t see anything except Fury doing something else than being a target dummy and die time and time again.
  • Control? seriously putting force choke on the same tier as undying is probably the most insane thing I saw.

As it is now Marauder feels like a PVE only class, like a Paper Tiger … in space : Frustrating and not fun to play at all.

Edited by KaellSolaris

Feel free to read through this thread or the Sentinel one, Reddit or Discord. The only people happy with the changes to knights/warriors are the players of other classes. If I had to pick the worst things for their lagging game for BW to do in their 10-year anniversary expansion, they're checking off all the boxes.

Edited by Savej

As it is now Marauder feels like a PVE only class, like a Paper Tiger … in space : Frustrating and not fun to play at all.

I don't think they will perform very well in PVE.

as someone already wrote;

Every mara main I've talked to thinks the devs either hate the class or have completely given up on mara's.
Edited by Xhuuyaa

I mean the pruning is too hard on Marauder, it was THE class who has the less abilities, and now it has even less, all of that for what?

• The was majorities of choice on different tier are worthless, everyone will pick the same making the whole "choice" irrelevant.
  • Base mobility is far inferior to many other classes making us forced to pick predation and making the other options useless.
  • Survival is nerfed to the ground half of defensive CD are gone making us currently more fragile than a sorcerer… (WHO CAN HEAL TO FULL!)
  • PVP is going to be a nightmare, I don’t see anything except Fury doing something else than being a target dummy and die time and time again.
  • Control? seriously putting force choke on the same tier as undying is probably the most insane thing I saw.

The PRUNING is very dark times, like Legacy of the Sith is teaching them the LIGHT side of the Force; to Weaken Sith. While Jedi have to take class at the Sith Academy to learn the Power of the Dark Side, as a ploy to weaken the Jedi Master's to resist their training. :rolleyes:

While loosing Combat Proficiency is really sad, they should have been WISE to only slightly reduced it. Reducing it a little would have also made it slightly easier, yet that's not the reason people leave, stop playing or never subscribe. They should ask those who haven't subscribed in six to nine months a email survey, what might get them to consider it more? I had a friend try the game in Sept/Oct of this year, but in deciding to Subscribe he first liked more customization in other games. And here they are eliminating that far more with 7.0 I guess what he read, or explained.

And those other games also offer a bit more to F2P, than SWTOR. I mean maybe they should RAISE the cap on how far F2P can go, perhaps NOT other Planetary Systems! But at least let people go to 70, especially now that were going to 80! Lets them experience the game at the point where they can start earning Epic Gear. Will that work as a better teaser can't say, it wouldn't open new FlashPoints beyond those available at End of Free-to-Play content either. But see there character's learn a few new abilities or skills, and perhaps some better Gear...

Still many wished 7.0 they were more limited in reducing abilities for all Class:

Discipline ONE - Get's ability A1 & A3.

Discipline TWO - Get's ability A2 & A3.

Discipline THREE - Get's ability A1 & A2.

Or simply only reduced, not eliminated Combat Proficiency. Example 3, 2, 2 of the three types...

*sigh*

Edited by Strathkin

With PTS now live, you can help test the Combat Style for the Marauder.

Please answer the following questions:

• Does the current combat rotation make this experience feel like you are playing a Marauder? Why or why not?
  • If you have feedback on the different disciplines, please note your feedback accordingly so we can track it.

Feel free to answer in as much detail as possible to help us understand your thought process and line of thinking.

Thank you!

Is your team planning on ever addressing the multiple pages of people telling you this is a bad change?

So far you've given us a terrible class change, no explanation, and zero followup.

I'm betting real money that nothing will change and the Mara class counts will drop off a cliff.