Weapons in Outfitter on the PTS

JackieKo

regarding level sync/scaling:

[*snip*]

and tertiary stats are still all butchered

[*snip*]

if I put in the time and credits to get my char to 110% accuracy and >7% alacrity then that should be my stats NO MATTER WHERE I AM...

I couldn't agree more.

Remove the scaling of tertiary stats.

The derived percentage values MUST stay the same, no matter were I am.

This is the whole point of gearing.

As for Compainons:

If you realy feel the need to cap presence, try only caping the characters Base-presence Value

This might work if done reasonably and carefully

Then ADD the UNCAPPED Bonus presence from

• Influence
  • Legacy unlocks from completed class-companion stories
  • Datacrons

We have put a lot of time, effort and credits into those.

Capping them is cheating us of the rewards we have earned.

Edited by Real_Dark_Lord

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't agree more.

Remove the scaling of tertiary stats.

The derived percentage values MUST stay the same, no matter were I am.

This is the whole point of gearing.

As for Compainons:

If you realy feel the need to cap presence, try only caping the characters Base-presence Value

This might work if done reasonably and carefully

Then ADD the UNCAPPED Bonus presence from

• Influence
  • Legacy unlocks from completed class-companion stories
  • Datacrons

We have put a lot of time, effort and credits into those.

Capping them is cheating us of the rewards we have earned.

This about the weapon outfitter!

So, the buttons... they need to be moved, always present, but grayed out when no changes need to be applied, and highlighted when they do. Also the spacing on the left and the spacing on the right sides of the UI are not the same, the whole right side (items, text, buttons) needs to be moved to the right to match the spacing on the left side and provide more room for the character display/weapon slot display. This is a rough mockup, but you get the idea, it needs to be better spaced vertically and just cleaned up, but it's too complicated to do in PS from a screenshot.

Things need to be spaced a lot better. This moves the buttons under the items being modified, so they are closer to where the changes are taking place, and having them grayed out by default and then highlight with changes will cause the users eyes to notice it more readily, along with the cost appearing as well.

I am just going to reiterate what almost everyone else has said so far:

1. the inconsistentcy in the functionality with modification of color crystals and tunings when compared to dyes needs to be fixed. CTRL + Right click is the standard across the UI for item modification, it needs to work for color crystals and tunings as well. Sounds would also be nice, a simple checkbox to use the equipped item sound, instead of the stamped item sound would be sufficient. Stamped sound is the default, check the box to use the equipped item instead. Making it so any sound could be chosen is a bit much, would it be nice, sure, would it make sense, not really.

1a. When adding a dye to a chest piece, there is no preview of how the dye looks before having to apply it in the outfitter.

1b. On an unrelated note, why do we even pay for item modifications to begin with? It makes no sense. it's MY armor, they are MY item modifications. If I want to change them... I HAVE TO DO THE CHANGING... I have to remove them, I have to put the new ones in... WHO AM I PAYING THE MONEY TOO????? WHERE DOES IT GO???? Another "it's a video game... so credit sink mechanic for economy purposes" old outdated mentality.... while the economy is out of control with items costing BILLIONS of credits... sorry, rant.

2. Swapping combat styles should not require "duplicating" an outift. Once the additional combat style has been chosen the outfitter should update with additional weapon slots to accomodate the combat style, and activate the appropriate slots for the appropriate combat style when switching. This is the simplest solution and makes the most sense for the UI. Having all weapon types alway available is not feasible, and adding another tab for weapons seems like a waste of space and will cause additional UI confusion and clutter.

3. Loadouts need to account for item slot differences. When tanking on my shadows, I use a red color crystal for tank stats, and when DPSing on shadows, I use a white color crystal for dps stats (helps to know what spec I am currently in too). When switching loadouts, the appropriate color crystal needs to be swapped as well, I am certainly not paying (nobody... see 1b above) everytime I swap from tank to dps to make sure I am using the right color crystal. This could be a valid reason to create a "duplicate" outfit for tank/dps, but the underlying issue is that the loadout needs to take into account which outift is being used and what are the differences in a single outift if they are not being completely changed, including weapon choices and color crystals and tunings.

It's a good start, but let's not leave it here. There is lots of room for improvement and plenty of users have made good suggestions on how to make those happen.

Hi all,

I need clarification please. I am on the PTS with a fresh character. Is there a way to copy over my account from live?

I play the game for dress-up and have all 16 outfit slots unlocked. (BTW, why not add 4 more?)

My Sith Assassin also has the Sith Juggernaut combat style.

On live both styles have the same 16 outfits and I can freely change them as intended.

Now I have read that weapon skins don't simply change according to the combat style and that I must assign outfits + weapon outfits to a combat style.

Example: I have to use, let's say, 10 outfits with a dual lightsaber for the assassin style, and then the other 6 for juggernaut?

This would be extremely disappointing. Look at WoW's transmog. There a transmog (outfit) is linked to a specialization (combat style) and then weapon transmogs change accordingly. I want 16 assassin outfits with 16 dual lightsabers AND the same 16 outfits with a single lightsaber!

I have almost all CM weapons and armors, it would suck to only be able select a handful of them. I know, my own fault, but there must be a better solution!

I need clarification please. I am on the PTS with a fresh character. Is there a way to copy over my account from live?

Sticky threads are your friend--> https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=951144 ;)

I have almost all CM weapons and armors, it would suck to only be able select a handful of them. I know, my own fault, but there must be a better solution!

No, it's not your fault. It's the fault of BIOWARE , for not having the foresight with 7.0 initially (thereby almost completely negating the 1000'$ of RL money certain players spent on their coveted CM weapons ) .

Hopefully, 7.0.2 update will rectify this better late than never. :cool:

Edited by Nee-Elder