Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

why is the deserter lockout still present in regs?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
why is the deserter lockout still present in regs?

TrixxieTriss
05.12.2021 , 05:19 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
I used to play on harbinger, which was a server on the west coast and still never had a problem with connections unless it was something strictly on BW's end with the server going down. So ya, ya'll need to stop over exaggerating the issues.
And I also didn’t have many problems playing from Australia on Harbinger. The problems of desync have been getting worse ever since they moved the servers and every time they add new abilities or content the desync keeps getting worse. Honestly, I don’t think it can get any worse without it totally breaking the game.

What ever Bioware “supposedly” did when they removed the HB maps to “fix” them has had zero affect on the desync. It actually looks worse than it was before. So I’m assuming they gave up trying to fix it.

You only need to look at the current state of the ranked maps to realise what ever Bioware are doing in the back ground to improve performance is having a negative affect on the game. We went from one broken map that needed fixing to nearly every arena map being broken (except tats as far as I know).

Bringing back Quesh and Vandin in their current states and also adding an extra slow buff when you have the ball is ridiculous. They should be removed from the game again until they are fixed properly, if they can’t fix them, then IMO, they should look at how they can change the format for those maps to make them death fights without the ball.
Do you want to be a better objective pvper?
Click here for a “How to PvP Guide”

-Bob-
05.12.2021 , 08:01 PM | #52
I gotta say, Ive had a few matches in QB, the D-Synch is horrendous in there, nothing was fixed. BW has really proven to be a joke of a company. Wallet voting time again.
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not
Referral link
Wound in the force/The Bastion/Harbinger/SS

TrixxieTriss
05.12.2021 , 08:06 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by -Bob- View Post
I gotta say, Ive had a few matches in QB, the D-Synch is horrendous in there, nothing was fixed. BW has really proven to be a joke of a company. Wallet voting time again.
Sadly they don’t care if we vote with our wallets or not. They would let everyone unsub because they can’t admit a mistake.

Sappharan
05.12.2021 , 09:01 PM | #54
The lockout timer is perfectly fine.
That is your opinion. One I vehemently oppose.

Raansu
05.12.2021 , 09:44 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Sappharan View Post
That is your opinion. One I vehemently oppose.
Only because you want to abuse the system and just leave every time a match isn't going your way. Before the lockout timer it was extremely common to have the merry-go-round of people joining and leaving a match. That almost never happens now. I'll gladly advocate for keeping the lockout timer.

TrixxieTriss
05.12.2021 , 11:06 PM | #56
Only because you want to abuse the system and just leave every time a match isn't going your way. Before the lockout timer it was extremely common to have the merry-go-round of people joining and leaving a match. That almost never happens now. I'll gladly advocate for keeping the lockout timer.
Not everyone who hates the lock wants to abuse it. This is what’s wrong with this discussion. Anyone who disagrees with you must be doing the wrong thing or doesn’t matter in the big scheme of things because only you count. Apparently only your opinion matters because you go after people’s intentions instead of discussing the merits of a system. Anyone would think you are trolling cause you don’t seem to want add any substance to discussions anymore.

foxmob
05.13.2021 , 07:16 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by -Bob- View Post
it's much worse in the pit. it's weird b/c the entire quesh map is vertical, but you only deal with hyper movement buffs in a couple places. in other words, quesh is actually the flattest of the three HB maps. the elevation changes in the pit, although less precipitous, are far more regular and game-breaking. it starts with the first ramp right after the acid pit, and by the time the "de-sync" event clears up, the op is already rolling across the final fire plate. meanwhile, during the event, the in-game experience shows him in various places. the most frustrating of which is that he dropped down into the pit and actually shows him running down there for a couple seconds (just long enough to make you think he may actually be down there, imo!).

my experiences with de-sync in quesh are related primarily to warrior leap, which is broken beyond recognition in the WZ anyway.

fyi: my ping in spawn is 10-15ms, and my average ping in combat is 25-40ms, spiking to 75ms. nothing that should be so disastrous.
Krack

-Bob-
05.13.2021 , 10:40 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post

my experiences with de-sync in quesh are related primarily to warrior leap, which is broken beyond recognition in the WZ anyway.
This is where i seemed to experience it the most, getting leapt to, anywhere on that map and trying to force speed away turns into an IG loop filter, just rubber banding like crazy.
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not
Referral link
Wound in the force/The Bastion/Harbinger/SS

Raansu
05.13.2021 , 02:52 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Not everyone who hates the lock wants to abuse it. This is what’s wrong with this discussion. Anyone who disagrees with you must be doing the wrong thing or doesn’t matter in the big scheme of things because only you count. Apparently only your opinion matters because you go after people’s intentions instead of discussing the merits of a system. Anyone would think you are trolling cause you don’t seem to want add any substance to discussions anymore.
The large majority do. The handful of people who worry about lockouts because of disconnects have more problems on their hands than a lockout timer if their internet is that unstable.

Pallais
05.13.2021 , 03:21 PM | #60
As a counterpoint, I've had consistently more enjoyable matches since the deserter buff went in. Yes, I've had losses -- losing happens with PvP. The lopsided matches because someone just bails without trying is a thing of the past. That's really nice. Again yes, people do leave, but that's rare.

I'm amused that a few forum posters are still ranting about this. Making claims about the 'community' reaction is just silly. Your 'evidence' is just as anecdotal as mine. The only folks who know what the community is doing is BioWare and they aren't sharing their data.
Pallais on Star Wars: Beyond the Stars, a SWTOR podcast.

Star Forge
Pallais, Concentration Sentinel <Impact>