Anyone else notice something about being a Sith race Jedi

nobk

Ima keep it simple because the thing about it is no npc actively points it out from my knowledge, you would expect someone to say at least something but from my knowledge no one ever does

edit: also they did do something for the chiss in the agent role on voss

Edited by nobk

Ima keep it simple because the thing about it is no npc actively points it out from my knowledge, you would expect someone to say at least something but from my knowledge no one ever does

That's because they were introduced after the game started and they never went back to fix it.

I don't think they fixed the Smuggle "Aren't Chiss blue?" reply for Chiss Smugglers who tell the enemy they're Chiss.

That's because your race is basically cosmetic in SWTOR. There are maybe a dozen lines total in the game that acknowledge specific races and most of them appear in the Sith Warrior (Pureblood) & Imperial Agent (Human, Chiss, Rattataki) storylines.

In terms of story, you're playing your class more so than your race, and the things you're doing tend to supersede your race. For instance, if you're a Knight you're the Hero of Tython, if you're a Trooper you're the leader of Havoc Squad. That's how the world/universe recognizes you.

I don't think they fixed the Smuggle "Aren't Chiss blue?" reply for Chiss Smugglers who tell the enemy they're Chiss.

There's also you being able to play as a Cathar and ask what a Cathar is on Ord Mantell. On top of that there's basically the entirety of Taris where somebody would take notice that you're a Cathar but they don't and that's because they were never gonna go back and redo or update a bunch of VO just because they allowed more races to be playable, especially when the vanilla game barely acknowledges them.

Edited by Darth-Obvious

As a Consular, it's usually not too bad, in my experience, outside of one or two scenes where you get called a human for behind-the-scenes-code-related reasons. But I gave my Pureblood Consular the options that tend to be less distinctive, to conceal that specific thing, more or less.

It's a little more awkward as a Knight, though, given there's a Pureblood NPC who goes into a big motive rant about how the Jedi would never accept him purely due to his race. Which is a little weird if you're the same race while he's ranting about that.

There are several across the Sith/Imperial classes calling out where the Imperials are not fond of aliens, but not much outside of that. I think there is that one Chiss side quest on Dromund Kaas where they make some crack about Chiss, or something, and because you are Chiss, it causes some awkwardness.

There are several across the Sith/Imperial classes calling out where the Imperials are not fond of aliens, but not much outside of that. I think there is that one Chiss side quest on Dromund Kaas where they make some crack about Chiss, or something, and because you are Chiss, it causes some awkwardness.

The Imperial side has a few Chiss comments made if you're a Chiss. I believe at least the content on the Chiss planet does as well.

That's because they were introduced after the game started and they never went back to fix it.

Lots of similar dialog though-out the game as well as the one above you mention. Would be nice if BW could go back though the game to correct such things but. lets face it, it's just not going to happen

Edited by cloneofdax

Nope, that hasn't been fixed either.

At least as Imperial when you play a non-Human non-Sith when an NPC disparages aliens they make a point to exclude you in their rant. Dialogue options can also allow you to force them to apologize. Sith classes get a Choke Hold response in a couple of instances.

Yeah unfortunately there's a lot of stuff like that and none of it was retroactively fixed. It gets pretty jarring in instances where other characters talk about a certain species or explain what that species is despite you being of that species ex: Cathar PC is never recognized as Cathar, Twi'lek Sith Warrior is especially contradictory considering the SW intro plot is about your character being brought in special to thwart and take the place of a student because of his minuscule amount of alien ancestry and when romancing Vette, etc...

Let's face it though, if you're playing a Twilek SIth Warrior, you're doing it wrong. The whole point of the warrior start is that he is brought in because he is meant to be "pure".

But wasn't Twi'lek able to be Warrior from the start? Or was it from start, but last minute change.

Let's face it though, if you're playing a Twilek SIth Warrior, you're doing it wrong. The whole point of the warrior start is that he is brought in because he is meant to be "pure".

Sure, but the fact is that the game lets you and then plays out in a contradictory/confusing way. No changes are ever made to accommodate things like this, Chiss smugglers, added species like Togruta and Cathar, etc...

I don't think he means that female Chiss agents are annoying.

Just the vast amount of them.

I don't think ants are annoying on a personal level, for example.

But a few thousand on my computer screen would be annoying.

Ah, I see. If they had special dialogue/reactions for other species as well, I'm sure you'd see more of a mix. I've had human, Rattataki, and Twi'lek agents before but Chiss is my favorite due to the special dialogue options, species acknowledgement and reactions. As far as I can recall, no other class has that kind of unique treatment for a specific non-human species.

Ah, I see. If they had special dialogue/reactions for other species as well, I'm sure you'd see more of a mix. I've had human, Rattataki, and Twi'lek agents before but Chiss is my favorite due to the special dialogue options, species acknowledgement and reactions. As far as I can recall, no other class has that kind of unique treatment for a specific non-human species.

Not as... wide-spread throughout the story, anyway. Sometimes there's short segments where your species is strongly acknowledged, like how the Twi'lek Pilgrims on Tython treat a Twi'lek Jedi Knight as compared to any other species. Mostly, unfortunately, the game tends to default to 'human' and 'alien' treatments.

I dont remember any NPC every apologizing to my character. Race is mentioned briefly in Imperial Agent storyline, NPCs will notice that an "alien" is actually being allowed to advance to Cypher.. And you don't get yo flirt with your watcher if you are "alien". Yeah, she's racist. Of course it doesn't go anywhere even if you flirt with her.

My first sith were backwards I hade purebllod inquistor who starts out a slave and rattaki (a slave race) as warrior. I didnt know that didn't match lore at the time but the game allowed it.

I also didn't know sith warrior overseer was going to be Paul Darrow (RIP). I had to go lightside because I couldn't bring myself to kill the voice of Kerr Avon from Blakes 7.

I dont remember any NPC every apologizing to my character. Race is mentioned briefly in Imperial Agent storyline, NPCs will notice that an "alien" is actually being allowed to advance to Cypher.. And you don't get yo flirt with your watcher if you are "alien". Yeah, she's racist. Of course it doesn't go anywhere even if you flirt with her.

My first sith were backwards I hade purebllod inquistor who starts out a slave and rattaki (a slave race) as warrior. I didnt know that didn't match lore at the time but the game allowed it.

I also didn't know sith warrior overseer was going to be Paul Darrow (RIP). I had to go lightside because I couldn't bring myself to kill the voice of Kerr Avon from Blakes 7.

Well Speciest anyways. If you're human, you can flirt with her no matter the race. :p

Not as... wide-spread throughout the story, anyway. Sometimes there's short segments where your species is strongly acknowledged, like how the Twi'lek Pilgrims on Tython treat a Twi'lek Jedi Knight as compared to any other species. Mostly, unfortunately, the game tends to default to 'human' and 'alien' treatments.
Is there? I don't remember my Twi'lek JKs getting any special dialogue from the Twi'lek villagers

Is there? I don't remember my Twi'lek JKs getting any special dialogue from the Twi'lek villagers

If my memory is certain, there is. I am sure that I remember the Twi'lek woman in the Knight missions suggesting that my Twi'lek Knight (DS) leave the Order and join the village (and her, since he was romancing her), a conversation that I don't recall any other Knights (Human, Cyborg, Pureblood, etc.) having with her (even when romancing her).

edit: also they did do something for the chiss in the agent role on voss

It'll get even better with 7.0. Provided you have Dark V unlocked on your account, you'll be able to start a new jedi pureblood character that shoots lightning...and nobody will acknowledge that either. You can even be fully light side in doing that and gain the rank of master. Anakin will be so jealous...

Not true. They were in the game from the very beginning. They were just faction locked for the Empire, more specificly to Inquisitor and Warrior. So you had to level one of those 2 classes to 50 to unlock the Sith species for use on Republic characters.

Edited by MortenJessen

• 2 weeks later...
If my memory is certain, there is. I am sure that I remember the Twi'lek woman in the Knight missions suggesting that my Twi'lek Knight (DS) leave the Order and join the village (and her, since he was romancing her), a conversation that I don't recall any other Knights (Human, Cyborg, Pureblood, etc.) having with her (even when romancing her).

I didn't think that line was Twi'lek specific but it's been a long time