Insane Lag Spikes on Star Forge

I'm experiencing insane lag spikes at random on Star Forge, as are a multitude of others according to the various planet general chats. One minute it's fine, then the Server Lag goes to ~130ms and hovers, then spikes into the red and a red X, then goes back to normal. However, I typically get only 30ms - now it's a constant 130ms server lag.

It's not my end from what I can tell as all other games/videos/downloads are perfectly fine.

EDIT: To note, the EXACT same type of issue happened last Tuesday as well.

Edited by ThrawnFanatic

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife and I are having unbearable lag spikes, can't play the game :confused:

Edit: Tested my internet, streaming is working, no lag spikes. The only thing thats going wrong is Swtor's lag, but it doesnt effect my other systems. Seems to be server based issue.

Edited by Cloakofsin

Same here. It's not a small inconvenience, either. It's actually unplayable. Any action made takes minutes before it's carried out in game. It's only this game. My internet is smooth for every other online game, streaming service, etc. Edited by Kylanna

Same. Never have lag, but today it is practically unplayable.

Confirmed, same here yep

This is some of the worst *lag* ( PING going from 50 to 14,483 to 400 to 9000 to 59,400, etc. etc. ) i've seen since back in 2012 tbh

And it also seems very different than what players were experiencing a week or so ago --> http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=992957 (which actually strangely didn't seem to affect me nor any of my guildmates ... /shrug )

I've tried multiple instances/phases too ( guild Flagship took forever to load the splash ship-fly-down screen and graphics & deco objects on flagship itself ...and then i also tried my 'personal ship' , but still lagfest ) .

The only thing in-game that seems to be loading without any lag is the 'Cartel Market' . Go figure. :cool:

Anyways.... BioWare , please advise, so we can know whether to blame our ISP instead. :D

Edited by Nee-Elder
whats up with STAR FORGE server today and recently? hmm....maybe NOT the server?

Unbelievable lag has been hampering me on Star Forge the past 2 or 3 days and never had it like this in the last 2 or 3 yrs. On one occasion on Monday my character was just in a frozen limbo while in combat for over 2minutes...im amazed i did not crash or get disconnected. Add this to the confusing mess that is Galactic Seasons and im not a happy subber right now.

tried 3 times today on star forge and shan servers, both have hit as much as 15000 or more every few seconds, has gotten worse since earlier and is actually unplayable now for the first time since i can remember playing this game, plz fix this so i can at least finish daily quests, ty

has anyone figured out a solution to this? it seems like only certain players on SF and SS are lagging.

Their support said to do a tracert/pathping which shows a lot of timeouts. I do not work on gaming infrastructure but this screams of bad load balancing (considering I'm getting timeouts from the same FQDN) over and over?

I am not sure how they send/receive in the same mannerisms but if they do not allocate bandwidth than people that are online FIRST will have a better connection than people connecting later as it's just one server struggling to handle all of the active connections.

Unfortunately there is not a lot you can do other than resetting your own router and hoping it's a downed region that your ISP can bypass (I had issues at work today with a downed region in the midwest). However, nothing for me has fixed the issue.