Midichlorian Count

Renhek

Hate it or like i was wondering, What would the midichlorian count for the 4 main characters be? I consider the 4 force user classes to be the main stories. JK, JC, SI, SW.

Now, parting from the canon, none can be over 20,000 as no one ever had, said Qui-Gon. Altho i think Valkorion's children might as well be over 20k midichlorians.

I think JK is the most powerful as he defeated the Emperor.

So if i had to give a number, for me it would be something like:

Jedi Knight = 18,000

Sith Warrior = 17,700

Sith Inquisitor = 14,900

Jedi Consular = 14,200

Now i don't think a high count makes you more powerful, I think it's potential or rather your ability to learn. For me, a high counts means learning faster. I mean, it's canon that Obi-Wan was the least talented in the jedi order and still beat the chosen one thru sheer training and dedication, he even matched his force push on mustafar.

So if you have to give a midichlorian count to swtor characters what would it be?

Why would the knight and warriors who are trained martial artists using the force as a buff be so much more powerful in the force than those who actually use the force for everything? Or the other way round: why would a parent/trainer waste their potential as a force-wielder by letting them primarly train martial arts?

I would put Knight and Warrior around 15000 and Consular and Inquisitor a bit higher at 16000+. Inquisitor after having his genetic code rewritten at 17000 and +1000 per ghost if he is actively tapping their power.

On the other hand I'd rather forget the whole concept of force users basically being battlemechs for microbe colonies.

Edited by Mubrak

I've never seen the actual numbers of character midichlorian counts, I've always gone by high or low.

But force connection is interesting because though it determines your potential it doesn't determine how skilled you really are. It was said in Legends Obi Wan Kenobi didn't have a super strong connection to the Force like his colleagues yet he trained that much harder and studied a lot more to the point that he is easily considered top 10 strongest Jedi of all time in Legends.

I am also under the crowd that believes that none of the Old Republic Force Users compare to the powerful force users of the movies like Yoda and Sidious and Vader. In Legends, George's word was considered law and he said Sidious was the most powerful Sith ever. And doing the math if Yoda and Mace were able to go one on one with him then surely they are some of the strongest Jedi ever though I agree with and allot of people agree with that Luke post ROTJ is the most powerful Jedi in all of canon.

Edited by MajorZuma

Why would the knight and warriors who are trained martial artists using the force as a buff be so much more powerful in the force than those who actually use the force for everything? Or the other way round: why would a parent/trainer waste their potential as a force-wielder by letting them primarly train martial arts?

I would put Knight and Warrior around 15000 and Consular and Inquisitor a bit higher at 16000+. Inquisitor after having his genetic code rewritten at 17000 and +1000 per ghost if he is actively tapping their power.

On the other hand I'd rather forget the whole concept of force users basically being battlemechs for microbe colonies.

Pfff tell that to Anakin, the chosen one who spent most of his time doing Martial Arts, or Mace Windu, who beat the Emperor in his own right with Martial Arts. Or probably Count Dooku... some of the most powerful Force Users focus they power on physical prowess.

And yeah, Lucas said Windu bested Sidious, he wasn't faking. Windu (martial arts) > Sidious (sorcery)

I've never seen the actual numbers of character midichlorian counts, I've always gone by high or low.

But force connection is interesting because though it determines your potential it doesn't determine how skilled you really are. It was said in Legends Obi Wan Kenobi didn't have a super strong connection to the Force like his colleagues yet he trained that much harder and studied a lot more to the point that he is easily considered top 10 strongest Jedi of all time in Legends.

I am also under the crowd that believes that none of the Old Republic Force Users compare to the powerful force users of the movies like Yoda and Sidious and Vader. In Legends, George's word was considered law and he said Sidious was the most powerful Sith ever. And doing the math if Yoda and Mace were able to go one on one with him then surely they are some of the strongest Jedi ever though I agree with and allot of people agree with that Luke post ROTJ is the most powerful Jedi in all of canon.

Yeah but canon and legends are two different things now, i think we can say that Legends happen in an alternate reality much like Marvel and DC do with their comics. Maybe in Legends there is no such thing as the chosen one. And even if we want to assume they exist in the same universe, we already stated that midichlorian are not parallel to power. So maybe the characters in TOR have an even higher midichlorian count than the movie characters but in the movies they are more powerful cuz of the knowledge from past times. As if they kept improving. Dunno, i like to think that.

We might never know Rey or Kylo's count is cuz Disney is trying to get rid of it. Fans don't like the midichlorians because of the science in it but for some reason they are totally fine with the force being genetic and hereditary. Honestly, that people makes me mad. The Force was genetic from the start. Anakin had it, Luke has it, Leia has it, Kylo has it, they are all strong in it because they are family and share the same blood. Oh but god forbid the midichlorians, a clearly genetic take on what the force is. The force isn't even for everybody, not anyone can learn. It's something you are born with.

This explains why untrained children have a greater connection or how they find them at such a young age. Did they really think you can train anyone?

Ok sorry i'm ranting because it reminded of an argument with some friends. I just wish midichlorian were a more active aspect of the force and serve as fun facts.

Some lists even mark Revan as little above 10k which the same list marks as an average Jedi. Yet he was so powerful. So essentially, a Jedi or Sith with 7000 midichlorian (minimum to be trained) can achieve great amounts of power.

Hate it or like i was wondering, What would the midichlorian count for the 4 main characters be? I consider the 4 force user classes to be the main stories. JK, JC, SI, SW.

Now, parting from the canon, none can be over 20,000 as no one ever had, said Qui-Gon. Altho i think Valkorion's children might as well be over 20k midichlorians.

I think JK is the most powerful as he defeated the Emperor.

So if i had to give a number, for me it would be something like:

Jedi Knight = 18,000

Sith Warrior = 17,700

Sith Inquisitor = 14,900

Jedi Consular = 14,200

Now i don't think a high count makes you more powerful, I think it's potential or rather your ability to learn. For me, a high counts means learning faster. I mean, it's canon that Obi-Wan was the least talented in the jedi order and still beat the chosen one thru sheer training and dedication, he even matched his force push on mustafar.

So if you have to give a midichlorian count to swtor characters what would it be?

At least over 9000.

Haha, kidding.

I'd think dedicated force users like Inquisitors and Consulars would have substantially more if Midichlorians are what Qui-Gon claims them to be. Maybe flip the melee classes' counts with the force users' counts.

Also, keep in mind that Anakin has a midichlorian count higher than 99.999999999999999% of Jedi, and the fact that he'd probably fall under the Jedi Knight "class" doesn't really determine how many midichlorians the majority of Knights have.

Also, this has nothing to do with what I just said but I hate this theory- go **** yourself midichlorians! :sul_wink:

Edited by doohickeyexpress

Pfff tell that to Anakin, the chosen one who spent most of his time doing Martial Arts, or Mace Windu, who beat the Emperor in his own right with Martial Arts. Or probably Count Dooku... some of the most powerful Force Users focus they power on physical prowess.

And yeah, Lucas said Windu bested Sidious, he wasn't faking. Windu (martial arts) > Sidious (sorcery)

So this basically disproves the theory of midichlorians? :sul_smile:

I do not personaly like the midichlorian concept, to much science behind it and I do not like to mix science with mysticism, Bit that is mostly because i'm a fantasy nerd first sci-fy geek later.

According to wookipedia an avreage person has around 2500 per cell, a mildy force sensitive person around 5000 and Darth Tenebrous described as a being of pure force had 15000. I believe I have read somewhere that Paöpatine had around 17500-18000 but i'm not absolutely sure on that point.

On the protagonists it's a bit hard, thay are all described as enourmosly powerfull so I have no problem giving them a count of 15000+ anything less would be silly considering what people say about them. The SW is also an example about how the force is inherited, he comes from a long line of Sith the Force carried down through the generations constantly breeding force-sensitivity and the Pureblood Sith has taken it so far that a person not having force-potential is a freak.

But it all comes down to talent VS potential which is really. Are you good at swordplay can you accept that the force is infinite and can be used to do anything as long as you belive it?

• 4 years later...

Honestly, I would put the Jedi Consular at around 17500 because it says in the prolouge/intro that the consular's count was one of the highest recorded in the order at that time. That said, it still must be lower than yoda (18,000) because it is known Yoda held (or at least was close to holding) the record until Anakin came along.

With that in mind, I would put the sorcerer (post-chapter 3 (thanaton's defeat)) at around 19,000 or 19,500 effective midichlorians count. This is due to the aid of the sith spirits he absorbed which technically don't have midichlorians due to being non-living and thus having no cells to speak of, but at the same time are heavily implied to have increased the sorcerer's ability to communicate with and influence the force (which is midichlorian's exact function).

At the same time, there is a whole story ark where the sorcerer has his body rebuilt by a Rakata god-machine (the Mother(?)) so that his body could handle the power those sith spirits were channeling into him (it was literally enough unhandled power to tear his body apart in a matter of months (weeks?) if the story is to be believed). We can assume that this rebuilding took the form of bumping his count up a fair amount, among other things.

Though it was probably closer to 14,000 or 15,000 as a raw number at the time of his intro. High but not at the absurd levels of most of the others. It's just the aid of the sith spirits and the rebuilding of his body to handle them that make it hard to measure the final number. The sorcerer is the only class where it can be assumed his count jumped significantly through his storyline. It can be said that the sorcerer is least limited by his midichlorians where not just his power, but even his potential is concerned.

If the rebuild didn't affect midichlorian count, then I would say that the sorcerer is entirely unbounded by any limitations to his potential that they would imply due to having found an entirely different medium (the sith spirits) through which he could influence the force.

I would put the knight a fair bit lower than the consular, so lets say 16,500. He did defeat the emperor after all, but at the same time not much fuss was made about the knight's potential in the force. So honestly, I feel it could be much lower than the rest, but it is stated the knight is a prodigy otherwise (in the blade for example) so his mastery over the force and skill with the sabre is what gave him his actual power and ability to defeat the emperor.

Think Obi-wan. Obi-wan had a rather low count as far as Jedi masters go, but he could still compete with most of the sith of the era (obvious exception for Sidious). This was due not to his power in the force, but his mastery over it and his skill with a sabre. Hell, the scene where he pummeled Vader in his show proves mastery is worth a lot.

Finally, the sith warrior. This is an odd one. A lot, and I mean a LOT of fuss was made over how people could just feel his power. And the warrior does have a lot of cutscenes where he just casually force-slams two guards into each other.

I'll put the warrior at 17000. Less than the consular (who is said to hold or be near a record), but more than the sorcerer (in raw/starting number at least) and the knight.

It has to be that high, since its clear the power he shows in the cutscenes wasn't gotten through effort. The warrior's failure to recite the sith code to Baras is proof he did not put much effort into training.

That is my rating for the midichlorian counts of the force-wielding classes.

Sorcerer is debatable since we don't know what possession of the sith spirits and the reconstruction of his body actually did to him. It could be as high as 22k, or it could be unchanged, with the nature of the power being similar to Darth Nilius (who only had about 15k himself, but due to the nature of his power could still consume the life force of entire worlds and display power comparable or even superior to Vitiate (who has 25k)).

A few benchmarks to keep in mind:

Yoda: 18,000

Sidious: 20,000-21,000

Vitiate: 25,000

Anakin: 23,000-40,000 (depending on source)

Revan: 17,900

Xar Kun: 19,000-ish

Darth Nilus: 14,900

Obi-wan/Plo-koon/Kit-phisto: 13,000

Edited by Voseion

Consular the lowest? I don't think so. Yes, I know, Consular is my fave story line, but the Consular is the one shown doing impressive feats with the force. It's not the Knight. It's not the Warrior. And I don't recall the Inquisitor (tied for first or very close second fave story line) doing force feats as impressive as the Consular.

Now, I'll give they say the Warrior's power can be felt by many.

Now, if we go by Yoda holding the record until Anakin (27k) shows up, at 19k. However, there is more than 3600 years between TOR and Episode 1. Even at 900 years, that's still over 2500 years before Yoda was born.

So, 19k has to be the limit.

So the question for Consular who is said to be so powerful in the force...do they reach close to that 19k or is it much lower than that and others have taken on the record before Yoda takes it?

Next is that Jedi tend to have average out higher counts than Sith (which may be why the tend to go dark side).

Revan is at 17900. So if Consular is the newest highest count...that puts Consular at 18k to 18999.

• 3 weeks later...

I would think the fact that the Consular is able to learn the shielding ritual from the Noetikons and maintain his/her strength (I.e. plot armor) through Act 1, then they likely have a strong connection to the Force which should be associated with higher midi counts. I suspect a similar argument could be made about the Inquistor who can learn to Force walk. Again, these two scenarios represent very rapid Force learning, which may be a marker of high midi counts. That’s not in any way to discount the feats of the JK, who freed themselves from possession by the Emperor, or the Warrior, who barely survived after being left for dead until becoming the Wrath. But Obi Wan was able to hold his own and even beat Anakin despite the latter having a higher midichlorian count. Obi wan’s experience trumped any natural talent Anakin’s high counts gave him.

So, even though this thread is a necro, those are my $0.02.

Edited by phalczen

I like to default to this infographic whenever the confusion and inconsistencies of relating midichlorian counts in Canon vs legend comes up

https://imgur.io/VCnPFFd

When I see those responses, I think, you care. You went into a thread on that discussion and cared enough to post in it. It's fiction and the idea of discussing things in fictions bothers you? Then why get into a thread discussing it? :p