Why not delay 7.0 again?

csilvajonas

* A cosmetic issue that prevents practical use of the most expensive items in the CM.

IMO this is a certain delay. If you can count on BW to do one thing... it's to protect the CM.

I think they are caught between two bad outcomes atm though, so it's hard to say for sure which way it will go. Delaying again would appear to mean even longer with guild perks broken, which may tank guild participation and logins (and in general, delaying again would prob get investors antsy and draw ire from EA overseers). Not delaying along with the senseless design choice about mods and failing to deliver on weapon designer may tank CM sales. How they got to this point at all is really something. You'd think after 10 years, they'd have at least one person in power who understands their own game well enough to not paint themselves into a corner like this, but nope.

I think they are caught between two bad outcomes atm though, so it's hard to say for sure which way it will go. Delaying again would appear to mean even longer with guild perks broken, which may tank guild participation and logins (and in general, delaying again would prob get investors antsy and draw ire from EA overseers). Not delaying along with the senseless design choice about mods and failing to deliver on weapon designer may tank CM sales. How they got to this point at all is really something. You'd think after 10 years, they'd have at least one person in power who understands their own game well enough to not paint themselves into a corner like this, but nope.

Its not that unexpected. I think most of the people here are familiar with the Anthem total debacle and the outright lies there and the epic tanking of that game. Well i can assume a part, if not most, from Anthem's team came here. So this is the results....imagine trying to sell cosmetic gear which is unusable at the highest level...

Yes there are plenty of other issues that are far worse that aren't being fixed (not one mention fixing the mess that is loadouts for example)

Sorry but how do you know that they haven't fixed most of the issues already?

Don't bother answering: you can't. Unless you're a dev. Because the PTS build is 7 WEEKS OLD and hasn't been updated.

Stop making assumption and just wait for an update or 7.0.

Don't bother answering: you can't. Unless you're a dev. Because the PTS build is 7 WEEKS OLD and hasn't been updated.

Concerned_Player: "Man, I am not liking some of these changes for the upcoming expansion"

White_Knight: "It's just the PTS. They'll fix it. The expansion isn't for another 10 months"

CP: "Wow, they really did a number on {CLASS / SPEC }. I left feedback on the PTS forums"

WK: "The expansion is still six months away, I'm sure it'll get straightened out"

CP: "We're two weeks away from release, and there are still broken systems, and the {INSERT FACET OF GAME} is terrible."

WK: "The PTS is seven weeks old. I'm sure they did something over the holidays (Do the calendar math) or fix it in patch 7.1"

********************** 7.0 Releases ****************

CP: "Holy crap, they released all the stuff we told them they didn't like"

WK: "WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SOMETHING BEFORE!"

I've been playing on the 7.0 PTS since it first came up. The issues that players are complaining about now have been there since the start. In fact, they've gotten WORSE over time.

The update about gearing feedback scratched the tip of the iceberg but completely left out the fundamental issues that people are rightly annoyed/concerned/frustrated about.

The build also isn't 7 weeks old because the devs don't do any work over the holiday break.

I fully expect to barely notice a change between what I've been playing on PTS and what goes live. It's half baked and will be for the next year while the devs figure things out.

To go back tor the OPs original question:

"Why not delay 7.0 again"......

MoX: "You want answers?"

OP: " I Want the truth!"

MoX: "You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has shareholders, and these shareholders have to be appeased with earnings. Who's gonna do it? You? You random poster on the forums? The Devs have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for class balance and lost abilities, and you curse the Devs. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that a crappy expansion, while disappointing, is still an expansion on the power point to the bosses, and a crappy expansion, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, makes money.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about on the forums, you want that expansion, -- you need that expansion.

"We use words like "earnings per share," "quarterly profits" and "stock price" We use these words as the backbone of a life spent maximizing shareholder profit while minimizing subscriber loss.

"The Devs have neither the time nor the inclination to explain themselves to people whose pay money to play this game and buy items off the cartel market, then question the manner in which the Devs provide these services.

"They would rather that you just said "thank you" and buy another glowing sword off the cartel market. Either way, they don't give a DAMN what you think you're entitled to!"

(With all apologies to Aaron Sorkin)

Concerned_Player: "Man, I am not liking some of these changes for the upcoming expansion"

White_Knight: "It's just the PTS. They'll fix it. The expansion isn't for another 10 months"

CP: "Wow, they really did a number on {CLASS / SPEC }. I left feedback on the PTS forums"

WK: "The expansion is still six months away, I'm sure it'll get straightened out"

CP: "We're two weeks away from release, and there are still broken systems, and the {INSERT FACET OF GAME} is terrible."

WK: "The PTS is seven weeks old. I'm sure they did something over the holidays (Do the calendar math) or fix it in patch 7.1"

********************** 7.0 Releases ****************

CP: "Holy crap, they released all the stuff we told them they didn't like"

WK: "WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SOMETHING BEFORE!"

You're missing the point.

The PTS is to give feedback. So people SHOULD give feedback.

But complaining over and over that nothing's getting fixed when YOU DON'T KNOW that it's the case is not-productive and, quite frankly, annoying. People who are making valid feedback points get lost in the complaining about bugs "not getting fixed."

We get it. But the PTS version hasn't changed since the start of December. It's not what's coming out in 7.0. End of the story. Wait and see and, if/when some bugs are still there, report them.

Of course there'll still be some bugs. There always is. But assuming that the devs have just been doing nothing this whole month and won't do anything the next two weeks is ridiculous.

So threads like these... Why delay everything, just because that you're afraid that some bugs MIGHT still be in game and because of a cosmetic issue? Yeah, I get it, CM is how they get a lot of their money but guess what - I'm quite sure that nobody at BW was happy to have to make this decision either. But the game has been going on for 10 years and doing without for a couple of months is not going to kill you (especially as sub-324 weapons at least will be inferior to your augmented 306 weapons anyway).

I have spoken.

Edited by Pricia

Usually they confirm fixes for large game issues in the feedback posts. A fix for this was not mentioned. You're rudeness is not necessary. None of us want to wait until the update launches to find several game breaking issues have not been fixed. It's happened too many times in the past.

But complaining over and over that nothing's getting fixed when YOU DON'T KNOW that it's the case is not-productive and, quite frankly, annoying.(1) People who are making valid feedback points get lost in the complaining about bugs "not getting fixed."

We get it. But the PTS version hasn't changed since the start of December. It's not what's coming out in 7.0.(2) End of the story. Wait and see and, if/when some bugs are still there, report them.

Of course there'll still be some bugs. There always is. But assuming that the devs have just been doing nothing this whole month and won't do anything the next two weeks is ridiculous. (3)

So threads like these... Why delay everything, just because that you're afraid that some bugs MIGHT still be in game and because of a cosmetic issue? Yeah, I get it, CM is how they get a lot of their money but guess what - I'm quite sure that nobody at BW was happy to have to make this decision either. But the game has been going on for 10 years and doing without for a couple of months is not going to kill you (especially as sub-324 weapons at least will be inferior to your augmented 306 weapons anyway).

I have spoken.

(1) Similarly you don't know the Devs have been fixing bugs. Also, if threads like these are "annoying", don't read them. Put me on 'ignore'.

(2) You don't know what's coming out in 7.0. Could be exactly what's on the PTS now, could be different.

(3) We've already had this discussion, I sided with the Devs in that I assume, give the current cluster that is 7.0 on PTR, they'd work through the holidays, or take minimal breaks. Others argued differently.

I know, as game lead which way I'd side, and it wouldn't be "Oh everybody take two weeks of vacation at the same time" (God I hope not, that's terrible leadership)

You saying I, and others "don't know" doesn't make your counter-argument valid. You don't know either.

But complaining over and over that nothing's getting fixed when YOU DON'T KNOW that it's the case is not-productive and, quite frankly, annoying. People who are making valid feedback points get lost in the complaining about bugs "not getting fixed."

We get it. But the PTS version hasn't changed since the start of December. It's not what's coming out in 7.0. End of the story. Wait and see and, if/when some bugs are still there, report them.

Of course there'll still be some bugs. There always is. But assuming that the devs have just been doing nothing this whole month and won't do anything the next two weeks is ridiculous.

I have spoken.

You know what would fix all that complaining? Communication yet they first released the pts with almost no info bug riddled and asking people for feedback. Feedback on what exaclty? when half our abilities were missing and we didnt know it it was bugs or intended, when the world wasnt scaled?

The first batch of a pts were people are more likely to log and check was a cluster**** and a lot of feedback got lost too with the usual "wait and see crowd" and arguing back and forth between people.

I'm sorry but releasing a broken *** testing ground with less than barebones new "features" and then asking people for opinions is not a pts, it's throwing **** at a wall and see what people complain less about so they can get away with changing.

They ask for feedback but then we got silence in response so a lot of people are fed up.

You know what would fix all that complaining? Communication yet they first released the pts with almost no info bug riddled and asking people for feedback. Feedback on what exaclty? when half our abilities were missing and we didnt know it it was bugs or intended, when the world wasnt scaled?

The first batch of a pts were people are more likely to log and check was a cluster**** and a lot of feedback got lost too with the usual "wait and see crowd" and arguing back and forth between people.

I'm sorry but releasing a broken *** testing ground with less than barebones new "features" and then asking people for opinions is not a pts, it's throwing **** at a wall and see what people complain less about so they can get away with changing.

They ask for feedback but then we got silence in response so a lot of people are fed up.

I've seen that level of "communication" before. (WoW)

I don't know what people do for a living, I work in the Signal Corps (VERY Customer intensive). Were I to provide the level of feedback most gaming companies do?

I'd be fired. (Yes, you can fire officers, they get a bad oer and have to find a position in another unit). No if's and's or but's - FIRED.

(1) Similarly you don't know the Devs have been fixing bugs. Also, if threads like these are "annoying", don't read them. Put me on 'ignore'.

You saying I, and others "don't know" doesn't make your counter-argument valid. You don't know either.

Thank you!

I wonder if she was being rude and argumentative for the sake of starting trouble OR trolling those of us with valid concerns based on our previous experience with the PTS, feedback & lack of acknowledgement/updates. I hope she puts me on ignore too. Meanwhile, I don't tolerate rudeness; her last reply to me was unacceptable, so on my ignore list she went.

I am highly dissatisfied in the lack of response that Bioware has shown to players' concerns on PTS about the problems related to forcing the people to play a game that is GRIND heavy and requires players to HAVE to play non-solo content. Over the years, this game has encouraged players to play as they like and allow customization of armor to enhance play. These customizations have cost players lots of ingame credits. Credits which are going to be flushed away with the loss of amplifiers and the gearing changes that are coming with this newest version. I really wish that Bioware would respond to our concerns, rather than just roll out more rhetoric talking about how this feature is going to work or how that feature is going to work. Honestly, it feels like Bioware has chosen to completely ignore they're players in this issue. I have been on PTS and I have tried the different content and 7.0 feels like an entirely different game. And not a fun one at that.

I've seen that level of "communication" before. (WoW)

I don't know what people do for a living, I work in the Signal Corps (VERY Customer intensive). Were I to provide the level of feedback most gaming companies do?

I'd be fired. (Yes, you can fire officers, they get a bad oer and have to find a position in another unit). No if's and's or but's - FIRED.

I didnt ask for your life story nor do I care, I don't see how telling people why we didnt have even interrupts was that big of a security breach that could get people fired, but I dunno maybe they hid some nuclear launch codes in there :rak_02: what a nonsense argument, jesus.

I would like to see you here after 7.0 launches and we will see if people were right or not. Based on previous experience with this game this update is gonna be a giant fail.

I didnt ask for your life story nor do I care, I don't see how telling people why we didnt have even interrupts was that big of a security breach that could get people fired, but I dunno maybe they hid some nuclear launch codes in there :rak_02: what a nonsense argument, jesus.

I would like to see you here after 7.0 launches and we will see if people were right or not. Based on previous experience with this game this update is gonna be a giant fail.

It's called drawing an analogy. (One lost on your apparently). Customer service goes a long way towards assuaging any rancor between provider and customer.

Also, I don't know what "people" you expect to be right or wrong. I'm leaning towards those (again, I've seen this before), who provided feedback and concerns, got nothing insofar as communication from EA in return, and the whole hot mess goes live, "as-is".

But hey feel free to regale us with your "life story" (or not, like you I don't care)

Honestly, it feels like Bioware has chosen to completely ignore they're players in this issue. I have been on PTS and I have tried the different content and 7.0 feels like an entirely different game. And not a fun one at that.

Same opinion, game feels boring as hell, dumbed down, acquired abilities while leveling make no sense anymore. It doesnt make the game more challenging it makes it boring they even managed to make a thing that sounded cool in theory (loadouts) be bad in a practical sense. I dunno how ops are gonna turn out since I couldnt test in pts but I dont have much faith on those either.

It's called drawing an analogy. (One lost on your apparently). Customer service goes a long way towards assuaging any rancor between provider and customer.

Also, I don't know what "people" you expect to be right or wrong. I'm leaning towards those (again, I've seen this before), who provided feedback and concerns, got nothing insofar as communication from EA in return, and the whole hot mess goes live, "as-is".

But hey feel free to regale us with your "life story" (or not, like you I don't care)

*** are you on about? Read my first post you quoted again...