Which Flashpoints are impossible to...

...solo on Master Mode, even when fully geared/augmented and with a 50 Companion? I want to know which ones are doable solo for the purposes of completing weeklies on my own.

Are there any that are completely impossible to solo even on Veteran Mode?

Edited by Loadsamonie

What weeklies?

If you go in solo you've not used groupfinder and thus get 0 count towards the weekly mm or vet mode fp mission.

THat was changed then? I used to be able to walk into a FP manually solo on Veteran and get credit for it.

Still, which Master FP's can be solo'd and which can't. Are there any on Veteran that cannot be solo'd?

That changed in 7.0. Or maybe in 7.1 when we went from having only a few flashpoints in the group finder, back to having all of them available. Either way the goal is to make hammer station non-stop farm less efficient (no crate) and to promote the use of the group finder, and actually let group finder users play all the flashpoints.

As for your question I don't know man. If you mean technically impossible, I can't think of any. Even Collicoid war games should be soloable on a guardian or juggernaut. If you mean probably impossible (too hard), then most of them (anything from SoR and later). You're setting yourself up for a world of pain, why don't you try and find out ?...

THat was changed then? I used to be able to walk into a FP manually solo on Veteran and get credit for it.

Still, which Master FP's can be solo'd and which can't. Are there any on Veteran that cannot be solo'd?

If you can solo (with healer companion) a VM flashpoint without needing to use the Kolto stations, you can probably do the MM version. This would generally only apply to some of the earlier, simpler FPs like Hammer Station, Athiss, etc, as they don't change much from VM to MM. Some flashpoints though, do have extra mechanics in MM. (The 'shackles' in Cademimu for example*.)

* speaking of which, I guess that would make Cademimu rather hard to solo in MM.

Edited by JediQuaker

I would say, now, that very few mmfps are able to be soloed consistently. Even some of the trash areas may be difficult to pass without multiple attempts before you even get to the bosses, but some are more reasonable than others.

Red Reaper in stealth mode (stealthing through trash) is the most likely one you can solo consistently, and even this is harder on the front end with stealthing out of combat no longer working in fps. It takes an additional step, but rest is soloable just like it used to be with the last boss and right positioning being the hard part.

If you can solo (with healer companion) a VM flashpoint without needing to use the Kolto stations, you can probably do the MM version.

Just a reminder, if you solo vet flashpoints you cannot use the clickable type of kolto stations. This means you will have no kolto stations for all of the pre-kotfe flashpoints.

That said, you don't need the Kolto's for vet flashpoints. All of the vet flashpoints are relatively easy to solo if you know your class, have some idea of the mechanics, and a high influence companion. Even the harder ones like Kaon and Nathema have been really nerfed in 7.0 compared to 6.0. (the faceroll easy vet flashpoints are part of the reason I'm salty over not being able to get weeklies solo anymore. Bio trying to shove forced grouping, and grouping via group-finder only, down our throats was a bad move on their part.)

I second the suggestion of Red Reaper as a relatively easy MM to solo, that and Taral V on pubside. There just isn't much reason to solo them anymore. You get next to nothing for completing them. You can get 326 blue drops from the first boss in Reaper if you want, but it's still easier to just spam GSF or NiM Nefra for the purple gear, if you can stomach following Bioware's 'this way and only this way' gearing path.

Just a reminder, if you solo vet flashpoints you cannot use the clickable type of kolto stations. This means you will have no kolto stations for all of the pre-kotfe flashpoints.

That said, you don't need the Kolto's for vet flashpoints. All of the vet flashpoints are relatively easy to solo if you know your class, have some idea of the mechanics, and a high influence companion. Even the harder ones like Kaon and Nathema have been really nerfed in 7.0 compared to 6.0. (the faceroll easy vet flashpoints are part of the reason I'm salty over not being able to get weeklies solo anymore. Bio trying to shove forced grouping, and grouping via group-finder only, down our throats was a bad move on their part.)

I second the suggestion of Red Reaper as a relatively easy MM to solo, that and Taral V on pubside. There just isn't much reason to solo them anymore. You get next to nothing for completing them. You can get 326 blue drops from the first boss in Reaper if you want, but it's still easier to just spam GSF or NiM Nefra for the purple gear, if you can stomach following Bioware's 'this way and only this way' gearing path.

My goal as far as gear goes is 326 Purple PvP gear with i284 Purple Augments (or in this case cheap Blue augments until 7.1).

Coincidentally to this topic, I had to complete Hammer Station 'solo' (with healer companion*) yesterday when the other players (all level 16 or 17) suddenly quit after the Tunneler. 🙂

And as someone mentioned, the kolto stations don't work in 'solo'.

* started with Nico, but Bowdaar did a better job staying out of 'stupid' on the final boss. I'd recommend a 'melee' healer..

🤔

Edited by JediQuaker

Some flashpoints though, do have extra mechanics in MM. (The 'shackles' in Cademimu for example*.)

* speaking of which, I guess that would make Cademimu rather hard to solo in MM.

Fun fact: General Ortol doesn't do the shackles if you are in there solo with a companion.

• 1 month later...
What weeklies?

If you go in solo you've not used groupfinder and thus get 0 count towards the weekly mm or vet mode fp mission.

Thank you for confirming. I was looking for a way to do Flashpoint weeklies without groupfinder, and you just confirmed it's not possible. Guess, Bioware decided to punish people who play with their friends and form their own groups (for example, 2 people + 2 companions). And no, it won't encourage us to use groupfinder - it will just mean we'll be playing Flashpoints less frequently than we would have if there was a weekly reward for it.

I think that Bioware is missing, you can't force/encourage/bribe people to play in a way they don't want to play. You can however incentivize people to play MORE of what they already more or less enjoy. For example, you can convert a casual PVP-er into a frequent PVP-er, but you can almost never convert a PVP hater into a PVP lover no matter the incentive. Same goes for Groupfinder, Ops, etc.

Edited by VegaMist