DO NOT nerf scoundrels/operatives!

Payneful

This is a TEAM game.

The reason everyone is complaining about this class is because either people venture off by themselves and get ganked or when someone is opened on by an operative no one *helps* the victim.

When i hear those blatantly loud knifes go off I immediately target that operative and stun him before he can do more damage. I even throw in a knockback to make that operative's day even worse. This gives the victim plenty of time to run away and more time for me to heal him.

Now that this poor operative has been CC'd to uselessness he no longer can use his big opener and is now a sub-par dps. But wait! He uses his combat stealth except I just removed his stealth with stealth scan....poor poor operative.

Moral of the story: Help your teammates, stop caring about how many medals you get, and go for the win. Operatives/scoundrels are going to start complaining once people start learning how to deal with them.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a TEAM game.

The reason everyone is complaining about this class is because either people venture off by themselves and get ganked or when someone is opened on by an operative no one *helps* the victim.

When i hear those blatantly loud knifes go off I immediately target that operative and stun him before he can do more damage. I even throw in a knockback to make that operative's day even worse. This gives the victim plenty of time to run away and more time for me to heal him.

Now that this poor operative has been CC'd to uselessness he no longer can use his big opener and is now a sub-par dps. But wait! He uses his combat stealth except I just removed his stealth with stealth scan....poor poor operative.

Moral of the story: Help your teammates, stop caring about how many medals you get, and go for the win. Operatives/scoundrels are going to start complaining once people start learning how to deal with them.

Nerfs haven't even hit and the waaaaaaaaaahmbulance has already been summoned. They know the end is nigh!

Not that it think they are op, it's still a cheap *** mechanic, and I bet many operatives would trade some of their initial burst for more out of stealth dps.

And really there's no need to nerf any class at this point imo, fix all the mechanics and horrible bugs and then we'll see how things are.

Operative - medic. Honestly, every class has cc break for a reason. Any time you get hit by a concealment op....pop it, you'll find no better use for it.

Yea, it has a 2 min cd. No, you won't always have it up. Yes, you should expect help from other people in 8v8 warzones. If you're not getting it, they're bad. If you're alone, you need to realise this is the ideal situation for an operative/scoundrel of any type and be prepared for it to happen.

What's that? You can't prepare? You can't adjust your playstyle to avoid something? Well in that case, complain about it on the forums, that'll solve your problem.

Everyone in the game can use consumables, what's the issue?

Well its cuz most of there damage is front loaded into the opener which most likely cannot be avoided, while as other toons can be cc'd during the consumables, but an stealth toon will open up and have his target at 30% right off the opener.

This is a TEAM game.

The reason everyone is complaining about this class is because either people venture off by themselves and get ganked or when someone is opened on by an operative no one (1)*helps* the victim.

Now that this poor operative has been (3)CC'd to uselessness he no longer can use his big opener and is now a sub-par dps. But wait! He uses his combat stealth except I just removed his stealth with stealth scan....poor poor operative.

Moral of the story: (4)Help your teammates, stop caring about how many medals you get, and go for the win. Operatives/scoundrels are going to start complaining once people start learning how to deal with them.

1. Opratives have killed ppl in stun lock with taunt and guard.

2. Yeah because its not like stun and knockback give him full resolve making it impossible to CC him after that

3. But having the ability to 3 shot someone in a stun lock is far better then being a good overall dps right?

4. So how are you helping by sologanking people?

Well its cuz most of there damage is front loaded into the opener which most likely cannot be avoided, while as other toons can be cc'd during the consumables, but an stealth toon will open up and have his target at 30% right off the opener.

Op/scoundrel cannot take an equally geared 50 down to 30% in one hit. A champion geared op/scoundrel will have to do over 9000 (meme intended) damage to a champion geared player to bring them to 30%. That just isn't going to happen.

As a healer, i could just as easily pop my consumables and do over 5.5k crit heals consistently.

Everyone in the game can use consumables, what's the issue?

1) Everyone in this game can use consumables, and it's pretty ridiculous that now that I gave in and went to Biochem (because it's just costprohibitive as any other crew skill) I can blow an adrenal with my other CDs as a dps-tank hybrid spec, and wreck something in a matter of seconds, then regenerate half my health. The game also already has a lot of binds, and I don't feel like heavy consumables were a good idea when they also detract from the Star Wars feeling; there's just not a real upside to their presence at all.

2) Consumables are a burst of power. Anyone that functions on a burst mechanic (like Scoundrels and Operatives) gets magnified by them much more than anyone else, and being in a stealth class makes it easier for them to make sure they have their buffs lined up before an opener. Burst defenses that can't be used while you're stunned (another Op/Scoundrel hallmark) when many of them don't even function against internal or elemental damage just cannot compare.

Op/scoundrel cannot take an equally geared 50 down to 30% in one hit. A champion geared op/scoundrel will have to do over 9000 (meme intended) damage to a champion geared player to bring them to 30%. That just isn't going to happen.

As a healer, i could just as easily pop my consumables and do over 5.5k crit heals consistently.

I am wearing full champion gear, usually fight in tank stance (am not tank spec, though), and have been all but killed during the stunlock from Operatives and Scoundrels that I know are not battle master geared. I'll live, but only with enough to be knocked over a second later. I've also wrecked many of them that failed an opening on me, and I consistently notice the death stunlocks tend to happen near the start of a match (when cooldowns are nearly guaranteed to be up).

Conclusion is pretty simple: Operatives and Scoundrels have the possibility of doing a ludicrous amount of burst, but it's not their class abilities that are the issue but how well those abilities synchronize with overpowered consumables.

Edited by AstralFire

1. Opratives have killed ppl in stun lock with taunt and guard.

2. Yeah because its not like stun and knockback give him full resolve making it impossible to CC him after that

3. But having the ability to 3 shot someone in a stun lock is far better then being a good overall dps right?

4. So how are you helping by sologanking people?

1. That's a load of crap. Or it was on low lvls.

2. why would you want to CC him even more when he is now a sub par dps who is struggling to get into melee range because my knockback also snares him.

3. The fact that he relies on killing someone quickly during his stun lock means CCs will mess his world up during that critical time after he opens. After that, he's got nothing.

4. what does this have to do with anything?

1) Everyone in this game can use consumables, and it's pretty ridiculous that now that I gave in and went to Biochem (because it's just costprohibitive as any other crew skill) I can blow an adrenal with my other CDs as a dps-tank hybrid spec, and wreck something in a matter of seconds, then regenerate half my health. The game also already has a lot of binds, and I don't feel like heavy consumables were a good idea when they also detract from the Star Wars feeling; there's just not a real upside to their presence at all.

2) Consumables are a burst of power. Anyone that functions on a burst mechanic (like Scoundrels and Operatives) gets magnified by them much more than anyone else, and being in a stealth class makes it easier for them to make sure they have their buffs lined up before an opener. Burst defenses that can't be used while you're stunned (another Op/Scoundrel hallmark) when many of them don't even function against internal or elemental damage just cannot compare.

I am wearing full champion gear, usually fight in tank stance (am not tank spec, though), and have been all but killed during the stunlock from Operatives and Scoundrels that I know are not battle master geared. I'll live, but only with enough to be knocked over a second later. I've also wrecked many of them that failed an opening on me, and I consistently notice the death stunlocks tend to happen near the start of a match (when cooldowns are nearly guaranteed to be up).

Conclusion is pretty simple: Operatives and Scoundrels have the possibility of doing a ludicrous amount of burst, but it's not their class abilities that are the issue but how well those abilities synchronize with overpowered consumables.

Again, a single CC will ruin their chance at killing their victim. A second CC will ensure that they fail. As a healer, if i am standing there and don't CC the operative or heal you, i am not doing my job. And as I said, I can pop my consumables and heal you to full while they are hitting you.

I would agree if the stealth scan didn't have a radius of 3 inches

Lol, it works very well against operatives since they can run very fast. However, it's a lot more difficult to use on a shadow/assassin sine they always pop force speed after they stealth.

The main thing is to predict the direction they will move after the stealth.

How about this:

Nerf Ops/Scoundrel damage, but give us a gap closer.

OR

Make Armor and Shields (not the SI/JC shields because they're just fine) actually mean something in PvP.

The problem is most people take the approach that if someone was able to kill me, then that class is OP'd/sun was in my eyes/lag/dog ate my homework...

This is a TEAM game.

The reason everyone is complaining about this class is because either people venture off by themselves and get ganked.

If they ventured off by themselves and got ganked by an operative, that means that operative also ventured off by himself to gank him.

Why should the operative be the nearly guaranteed victor?

This is a problem, but I would like to see consumable stacking nerfed first so we can tell what classes are truely OP. Maybe operatives are balanced if there was no consumable stacking.

If they ventured off by themselves and got ganked by an operative, that means that operative also ventured off by himself to gank him.

Why should the operative be the nearly guaranteed victor?

This is a problem, but I would like to see consumable stacking nerfed first so we can tell what classes are truely OP. Maybe operatives are balanced if there was no consumable stacking.

Operatives/Scoundrels have no gap closers.

There are no classes with Stealth Detection, AoEs, Sprints, Stuns, CC breaks, etc...

Am I the only person who has PvP'd, found myslef alone and occasionally AoE'd....just incase?! Hell man, that was SOP back in WoW.

...oh wait.

ADDITIONALLY!! The issue is with Armor. In PvP, any piece of armor or shield (other than the JC/SI shield) DOES NOTHING!! IT IS BROKEN!!!

Edited by Ossos

I play a Concealment Op and I can tell you that my Hidden Strike has NEVER hit somebody for 70% of their health. Yes, I can stack my consumables and roll a low level toon in Warzones, but at 50 that's to be expected. In fact, that's why I do it. But with 50 brackets coming out, you'll see that go by the wayside.

And the OP is right. There are a lot of things that have to go right for an Op/Scoundrel to pull this off, and the first thing I look for is somebody off by themselves. They make the easiest mark, and that's our niche. But if you learn to counter the opener, we have very little left in our bag of tricks. Yeah, we can pop vanish, but we also have to wait for your resolve meter to empty which lets you heal. I hate to say it, but L2P is an appropriate response here because it's a question of you using your "trinket" ability, your own consumables, and doing the same things that the Op is doing. Listen to the OP and figure out what you're doing wrong because it's not uncommon in Warzones for Ops/Scoundrels to be countered and beaten by one player.

I play a Concealment Op and I can tell you that my Hidden Strike has NEVER hit somebody for 70% of their health. Yes, I can stack my consumables and roll a low level toon in Warzones, but at 50 that's to be expected. In fact, that's why I do it. But with 50 brackets coming out, you'll see that go by the wayside.

And the OP is right. There are a lot of things that have to go right for an Op/Scoundrel to pull this off, and the first thing I look for is somebody off by themselves. They make the easiest mark, and that's our niche. But if you learn to counter the opener, we have very little left in our bag of tricks. Yeah, we can pop vanish, but we also have to wait for your resolve meter to empty which lets you heal. I hate to say it, but L2P is an appropriate response here because it's a question of you using your "trinket" ability, your own consumables, and doing the same things that the Op is doing. Listen to the OP and figure out what you're doing wrong because it's not uncommon in Warzones for Ops/Scoundrels to be countered and beaten by one player.

Am I the only player who, when I find myself alone I AoE just incase? This used to be an expected/normal thing to do in WoW.