Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Light Side(Jedi Counsulor) is excruciatingly dull(possible spoilers).

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Light Side(Jedi Counsulor) is excruciatingly dull(possible spoilers).

MadDutchman's Avatar


MadDutchman
05.13.2021 , 05:06 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by cheeseforme View Post
What are you even talking about?

I'm talking about storyline and you're talking about gameplay? Should read before posting.
...you do realize you are playing a game with conversation choices right?

you know that little wheel thing on the bottom of the screen with 2-3 options to take?

Considering that, my point still stands. If you don't like how the story is progressing along the "light" path (which you stated multiple times in your post I remind you), then choose different choices.

Oh, and btw, whenever you say "Should read before posting.", I highly recommend following your own advise very carefully before posting. At no point did I specify gameplay, story or alignment. You get to choose any one of them
I Have Spoken

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Hadsil's Avatar


Hadsil
05.14.2021 , 06:12 PM | #12
I have no problem with the story. If it is sugary sweet goody two shoes I would find it refreshing compared to today's stories. For too many years there have been gritty, dark, hopeless, dystopian stories. Even reboots or reimaginings of past popular characters get a dark, brooding makeover. Obviously there needs to be a conflict for there to be a story, but that doesn't mean the villain has to be right after all, win, or who we thought was a good guy.

Playing the Consular I get to be the hero of the galaxy, and that's fine by me.

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
05.16.2021 , 07:24 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by cheeseforme View Post
Light side has to be the dullest part of the this game I have experienced so far. Man, it feels horrifyingly lackluster, and im not trying to offend people or anything, I'm not trolling, just the way the story made me feel so far.
Subjective opinion is subjective.
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

rumpol's Avatar


rumpol
05.17.2021 , 05:44 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Subjective opinion is subjective.
And that is it in a nutshell. OP doesn't like it. I do like it, I think it's one of the better stories. I could go into why I like it but it won't change the OPs mind and that's cool. We all like different things. I'm not keen on the warrior story, I find it generic and obvious.

EAFSAMWISE's Avatar


EAFSAMWISE
05.17.2021 , 07:52 AM | #15
Like I said, Consular is different from Jedi Knight because of their relationship with the order. Jedi Knight is more the reckles, "adventure and excitement" type who has a shaky relationship with the council while the Consular is more the sort who doesn't get into trouble. Keep Knight is more military, Consular is more passive/diplomatic in terms of their story and often more focused on mystical knowledge. If you find Consular boring, Knight is a better option. However I wouldn't play as a dark Consular because I've heard it both doesn't make sense and isnt very exciting either

Tashia's Avatar


Tashia
05.18.2021 , 10:03 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by EAFSAMWISE View Post
Like I said, Consular is different from Jedi Knight because of their relationship with the order. Jedi Knight is more the reckles, "adventure and excitement" type who has a shaky relationship with the council while the Consular is more the sort who doesn't get into trouble. Keep Knight is more military, Consular is more passive/diplomatic in terms of their story and often more focused on mystical knowledge. If you find Consular boring, Knight is a better option. However I wouldn't play as a dark Consular because I've heard it both doesn't make sense and isnt very exciting either
Exactly --
and JK is a bit of a rebel -- I play mine as a gung ho independent JK -- doing her own thing ( and a darn good Alliance commander)
my JC is truly a strong believer in the Order -- she is not rebellious (she went back to the Republic; it was just natural for her)

You can make dark decisions with JC, but for me -- I just couldn't -- it felt out of character for my interpretation of a JC Barsen'thor
Everquest to Star Wars Old Republic .....
from Swords and Shields to Blasters and Rockets .......

EAFSAMWISE's Avatar


EAFSAMWISE
05.19.2021 , 08:15 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Tashia View Post
You can make dark decisions with JC, but for me -- I just couldn't -- it felt out of character for my interpretation of a JC Barsen'thor
Dark JC basically comes off as someone who doesn't have faith in their own abilities and lacks the courage or confidence to succeed, thus killing people instead of saving or trying to save them, I.e. chapter 1 with the Terrak Morrhage ritual and with the First Son in the end where you can kill or spare him. Just comes across as someone who can't actually do the tasks assigned to them or lacks confidence in their own power, which doesn't look good on screen

EmperorPallas's Avatar


EmperorPallas
05.26.2021 , 05:16 PM | #18
I'm a person that just doesn't vibe with the Republic, so I approached this particular class story with skepticism back in 2016. While I'll always consider the light side to be....unnatural, *ahem*, I still wanted to come out with The Full Jedi Experience(TM) when all was said and done, so come DVL I made a Consular. Honestly, I was expecting to be underwhelmed by the experience, yet I strangely wasn't.

If I was gonna be a Sage, I'd try to live up to the name and tried to make the safe, mature, Yoda-approved choice everytime, which YES, felt alien to me the person, but as me, the Consular it felt pretty good to cure plagues and be of service to my fellow galaxy dwellers. So I'm the weird person that really liked Act 1. I DID struggle with the Jedi Diplomacy arc, because the Rift Alliance was doing what it was designed to do, test my patience. I had to dive deep into the Jedi-ness an think Obi thoughts, because me the person always wanted to sabotage everything that me, the Consular was trying to achieve. And I hated Zenith, because I'm a Sith at heart. He's my most hated companion of all time. I liked Nadia though. Maybe it's because her hairstyle + color reminded her of my Sin, if I'm being honest. But beyond aesthetics, I enjoyed her company, because I really embraced the Light V thing, so being a good influence on my padawan obviously felt right. And back to aesthetics again, stock Nadia had white hair and face paint, so my white haired, dark makeup Consular had a most excellent Space Barbie friend.

Long story longer, despite my very obvious "SITH R GR8" bias, I really tried to approach each story on its own merit and found something that I liked about each class even if I'll never be too excited about playing nice with angry Twileks thrust on my ship against my will. In the end, either you'll like it or you won't. I think I would've enjoyed more archeology and artifact fetch quests say than meetings with Saresh, but that's why I'm the weird person that liked Act 1.

TLR -Channeled rock throwing FTW, I guess

Hrafnhildur's Avatar


Hrafnhildur
05.27.2021 , 01:32 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by EmperorPallas View Post
I'm a person that just doesn't vibe with the Republic, so I approached this particular class story with skepticism back in 2016. While I'll always consider the light side to be....unnatural, *ahem*, I still wanted to come out with The Full Jedi Experience(TM) when all was said and done, so come DVL I made a Consular. Honestly, I was expecting to be underwhelmed by the experience, yet I strangely wasn't.

If I was gonna be a Sage, I'd try to live up to the name and tried to make the safe, mature, Yoda-approved choice everytime, which YES, felt alien to me the person, but as me, the Consular it felt pretty good to cure plagues and be of service to my fellow galaxy dwellers. So I'm the weird person that really liked Act 1. I DID struggle with the Jedi Diplomacy arc, because the Rift Alliance was doing what it was designed to do, test my patience. I had to dive deep into the Jedi-ness an think Obi thoughts, because me the person always wanted to sabotage everything that me, the Consular was trying to achieve. And I hated Zenith, because I'm a Sith at heart. He's my most hated companion of all time. I liked Nadia though. Maybe it's because her hairstyle + color reminded her of my Sin, if I'm being honest. But beyond aesthetics, I enjoyed her company, because I really embraced the Light V thing, so being a good influence on my padawan obviously felt right. And back to aesthetics again, stock Nadia had white hair and face paint, so my white haired, dark makeup Consular had a most excellent Space Barbie friend.

Long story longer, despite my very obvious "SITH R GR8" bias, I really tried to approach each story on its own merit and found something that I liked about each class even if I'll never be too excited about playing nice with angry Twileks thrust on my ship against my will. In the end, either you'll like it or you won't. I think I would've enjoyed more archeology and artifact fetch quests say than meetings with Saresh, but that's why I'm the weird person that liked Act 1.

TLR -Channeled rock throwing FTW, I guess
Personally i do not understand this intense hatred for Zenith.. what's wrong with the guy? Everyone,but absolutely everyone hates him and i find this a bit hypocritical , since everyone loves Kanaan, Ezra,Ahsoka and Hera - they are rebels and anti-Empire too, remember?
Siegwalde Surthild

EmperorPallas's Avatar


EmperorPallas
05.27.2021 , 09:35 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Hrafnhildur View Post
Personally i do not understand this intense hatred for Zenith.. what's wrong with the guy? Everyone,but absolutely everyone hates him and i find this a bit hypocritical , since everyone loves Kanaan, Ezra,Ahsoka and Hera - they are rebels and anti-Empire too, remember?
It's not hypocritical if I admit to never rooting for these guys, because I don't watch the show. I don't enjoy that timeliine of Star Wars. I like SWTOR, because I get to live in this world and to a degree control the outcome. And even if it was hypocritical, so what? The sun will still rise even if a random girl on the Internet hates your favorite. The companions I like have extremely ardent haters and while I don't like the vitriol there's very little I can do to control it, so I don't engage.